The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

Valkyria 4 is fucking hard. :| Just lost my first unit and there's nothing I could do about it.

And this comes from someone who platinumed the first game. :D I'd suggest newcomers to play the game on easy because this is cruel.

Lol I haven't lost any units yet and i was terrible at the first one. Which mission was this?

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, Twinblade said:

Lol I haven't lost any units yet and i was terrible at the first one. Which mission was this?

Chapter 6 battle. The one where you go through flames with the tank and have to defend three camps. I really didn't expect the enemies spawn points to be where they were, I really couldn't do much about it, a scout rushed one of my strayed unit, killed him and ran over him (which instantly kill the unit for good). :( 

I was too far in the battle to restart over it. Fuck it.

25 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Chapter 6 battle. The one where you go through flames with the tank and have to defend three camps. I really didn't expect the enemies spawn points to be where they were, I really couldn't do much about it, a scout rushed one of my strayed unit, killed him and ran over him (which instantly kill the unit for good). :( 

I was too far in the battle to restart over it. Fuck it.

oh yeah that was honestly my least favorite battle. I thought it was how bullshit how they just spawned so close to the camps. Thankfully i save scummed my way into a favorable position where I had a mortar guy positioned to immediately take them out as they spawned :D

Im surprised you're still so early in. They change things up in some cool ways a few chapters after your current position.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

oh yeah that was honestly my least favorite battle. I thought it was how bullshit how they just spawned so close to the camps. Thankfully i save scummed my way into a favorable position where I had a mortar guy positioned to immediately take them out as they spawned :D

Im surprised you're still so early in. They change things up in some cool ways a few chapters after your current position.

I've done all the skirmishes and 4 squad stories though. But yeah I'm still early.

47146738_505395379959448_122782868918658

plugging in further. 1st town is overwhelming big. I take it it's not? So much dialogue my brain is running ???.  I'd need a good 3-4 hours to hear everybody. I got work so I eventually was skipping conversations,

or utilizing text bubbles. The pinks get herd. The whites get skimmed as I'm running past. I'll click on 40% of the blue folk.  I guess it's meant to be built that *way (small, trinklet of an idea but brilliant), but I'd rather

chunk down and hear EVERYBODY.

Anyone who's played this have some wordage, on the amount of wordage in this game?  It looks to be a staple of the series. I am doubting outside of "fun"it's going to net me anything useful as far as items.

I like doing quests then talking to the quest holder lol. like, get the item first, save the girl first, refuse the quest the first time.   My game clock says 8-10 hours in but I've left it on a bit.  Fun trot. 

Edited by kokujin
31 minutes ago, kaz said:

scared of baby japanese lol

I am scared lol. there is a lot actually. this game likes to chammer. it hasn't been difficult, but very time consuming. For reference, I have played and completed FF15, 13-1-2-3, and read uno novella de japones, 300 pages into a second book. 

so, DQ11 should be a different kind of treat. I doubt it will be hard for over 70% of it's fluffy ass dialogue. 

Edited by kokujin
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

On the 2nd Spyro game. I love this as much as I did back when I was a kid. No bullshit, lengthy cutscenes or horse rides. It’s just fun, classic platforming.

i've never played them. for some reason, i always thought it was some easy platforming franchise. is it challenging? 

9 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Nice! They are on switch too, right? 

Nah, Spyro is only on PS4 and XO at the moment.  Although it's pretty much confirmed coming to Switch iirc.  Probably 6 months or so down the line.. so if you can wait..

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep, it's the best JRPG this gen, and probably the best RPG this gen too.

You just implied that it’s better than Witcher 3 lol 

its a great game but I probably wouldn’t even consider it the best JRPG this year, what i’ve played of VC4 trumps it.