The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

is DQ supposed to play itself? :wonder: it sure feels that way. I don't/can't die, and tho I love finding new gear briefly in towns, and I LOVE crafting some,

the game is on auto-pilot.  I am sure it's by design.  I have no motivation to GO BACK to places and find secrets. Because there are none. The game doesn't progress that way. At all.

Oh well. Pretty game but towns and dungeons are small or appear way too overwhelmingly big (one town).  Yet,... imo... there's not much bubbling in any of those town minus the shops you need to visit.

Will keep trucking. I hope the other act(s) are better. It's def an 8 or 9. But no 10.  

FFXV still has the besst open world scaling in an rpg to death. Seriously,I think the developers knew what they were doing. There's a reason somethings took a 10 minute drive. It's SUPPOSED to be BIG.  This one feels like kiddy sprites placed in tiny ass hallways and you're supposed to just use your imagination to fill in the scale. Except for towns where it TRIES to make them appear lurge, but most aren't.

I do appreciate the dungeons so far have had 0 fluff.  Some litereally took 5 minutes to do, and sadly, there's no secrets in them worth going back to, so I don't get it.  :lol:  :D  this game paces weird.

would love to be surprised further..  don'tspoil..  

It does if you want it to.  Instead, give yourself more of a challenge and put everyone's tactics to "follow orders".  You'll get points of challenges in the future.  I don't even know where you are but certain bosses will probably destroy you, and there's end game stuff that will make you rethink your life.

"Dungeons" were one of my problems with the game.  They weren't really expansive or that interesting visually for the most part.  They were platform connected to platform, or caves with basic tunnels connecting basic rooms together.  Not the greatest, but as you said, they have 0 bullshit.  They're just really basic.  There's one later on which gets a bit more interesting in how you have to find your way through it, but nothing incredible.

Overall though.. it's an amazing game.  Polished, and well presented.  Classic turn based godliness :glad: 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It does if you want it to.  Instead, give yourself more of a challenge and put everyone's tactics to "follow orders".  You'll get points of challenges in the future.  I don't even know where you are but certain bosses will probably destroy you, and there's end game stuff that will make you rethink your life.

"Dungeons" were one of my problems with the game.  They weren't really expansive or that interesting visually for the most part.  They were platform connected to platform, or caves with basic tunnels connecting basic rooms together.  Not the greatest, but as you said, they have 0 bullshit.  They're just really basic.  There's one later on which gets a bit more interesting in how you have to find your way through it, but nothing incredible.

Overall though.. it's an amazing game.  Polished, and well presented.  Classic turn based godliness :glad: 

Imma keep going. It has way too much charm.to give.  We're all aware you can manually give orders, i was being figut'ritive artistic with my point lol. Why would anyone harp about a gameplay mechanic you can turn on and off.  No discussion there. 

Since you mentioned, i actually worried my allies will get LESS turns if set to manual. The battle appears to go faster when they do their thing. Any truth to this?

Is eriks/kamyuu 's steal worthless? I got the steal gloves, wooo 2% but i bet that's a shitty description. By no means.am.i short on ingredients.  And, i heard stealing from bosses is useless?

The only reason I can imagine using manual. Maybe it's just more fun doing so? Will parlay when I have more time. 

Yeuh, i guess i'm not impressed with the world either. I think the story progression and linear knots are top notch and abundant. Tho i'm very sure this isn't going to be an experimental game at all by design. 

:-* kudos, chap. 

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Is eriks/kamyuu 's steal worthless? I got the steal gloves, wooo 2% but i bet that's a shitty description. By no means.am.i short on ingredients.  And, i heard stealing from bosses is useless?

Erik steal is pretty bad until the late game. It's tied to the deft stat by the way.

Bosses never carry items.

Subnautica is so vibrant & gorgeous :wow: 

Its certainly a different style of survival simulator; just got my first submersible, and now can stay under without the need to surface every 90 seconds - oh and already died once, as I didn't surface in time :D 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Fuck Subnautica. That’s a legit horror game. :ben:

Oh for sure, I've seen some things man! :down:

17 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Subnautica is so vibrant & gorgeous :wow: 

Its certainly a different style of survival simulator; just got my first submersible, and now can stay under without the need to surface every 90 seconds - oh and already died once, as I didn't surface in time :D 

Oh for sure, I've seen some things man! :down:

I want it in VR. Might be the scariest game ever made. 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I want it in VR. Might be the scariest game ever made. 

Its goes from:   :omg:  "This is such a wondrous environment with neon fishes, and bright coral!"

Then you begin to explore a bit, and you go to : "Oh shit! Get away, get away!!!!" :D 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Erik steal is pretty bad until the late game. It's tied to the deft stat by the way.

Bosses never carry items.

Lol this is why I think the game plays itself. Charm is useless too, from what i gather. And it's not like luck. Just going pure atk and magic off, and the obv healer. Withuutb spoiling too much, can you turn Veronica into a good phys offence dealer if you wanted to?

Did you feel much variety or variance was available for you with builds? 

Mmmm, did you even care about status ailments, buffed bosses, or strategy other than waiting your turn to hit? :wonder:

4 hours ago, kokujin said:

Lol this is why I think the game plays itself. Charm is useless too, from what i gather. And it's not like luck. Just going pure atk and magic off, and the obv healer. Withuutb spoiling too much, can you turn Veronica into a good phys offence dealer if you wanted to?

Did you feel much variety or variance was available for you with builds? 

Mmmm, did you even care about status ailments, buffed bosses, or strategy other than waiting your turn to hit? :wonder:

Charm is not useless, it gives Jade and Sylvando attack boost to some of their skills. 

Debuffing bosses is usually a waste of time, buffing your party is mandatory. I usually aim for big physical or spell damage. Agility buff is not bad during long boss fights.

12 hours ago, Ramza said:

Charm is not useless, it gives Jade and Sylvando attack boost to some of their skills. 

Debuffing bosses is usually a waste of time, buffing your party is mandatory. I usually aim for big physical or spell damage. Agility buff is not bad during long boss fights.

okay. what exactly does agility do? 

how would you describe 'charm'?  I am aware it boosts attack power for 2 of your party members.

I will.. hmm... keep an eye on buffing and who the buffer is. I may F with debuffing just for fun too. To complicate the game. May switch to manual sometime soon? But atm still enjoying the game for what it is.

I took a Broadword and made it +3 (2 attemps, you can "re-do" an upgrade and don't need +3, i.e you can go from +2, hit the requirements for +1, and voila).  So, 39 damage pointrate which is great for where I'm at.

Altho, a shield and 1h sword at 26 damage, seems to... serve me better. For the life of me I can't commit to 2h swords.

Q: If I switch equipment during battle, am I losing a turn? It seems not the case, and if true, I will just switch when I get to a boss!!

:-* :-*  hope charm/agility/deft make more sense to me, and hoping to complicate the battle system a little more.  I've still got a couple characters to get, as well as "da boat."

You ever backtrack to old towns?  

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Nah, but first time since I played them on psone (meaning i never revisited them after I played them then, unlike Crash which I played many times through the generations)

same here, i had some real nostalgia moments when playing the games im curious to hear your opinion on them after so many years.