The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I think it's top notch but sometimes it looks washed out under some lighting could just be my tv tho 

I have one of the best tvs on the market (x900f) and it’s perfectly calibrated.  It’s not your tv. 

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I started Spiderman. It seems good, but I can already tell the batman style combat is going to get tiring. Especially if its a long game.

Combat was my least favorite aspect of the game, but it's still pretty fun for the most part with the more gadgets and skills you learn. Swinging around the city never got old for me though, it just felt so satisfying.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I started Spiderman. It seems good, but I can already tell the batman style combat is going to get tiring. Especially if its a long game.

It's not a long game and as the game progresses and you unlock more gadgets they really bring combat into it's own element. Far better than Batman combat imo. 

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

It's not a long game and as the game progresses and you unlock more gadgets they really bring combat into it's own element. Far better than Batman combat imo. 

Agreed. I never even liked the Batman games. Spider-Man is in a league of its own. 

Smash Ultimate is quickly becoming one of my most played games. So much fun. Just got Chrom and Marth last night. Marth is really good and fast. Need to try out Chrom some more but he feels excellent. The game is also a Nintendo/Video Game museum with the amount of content in it. I really like the change to picking the stage before choosing characters. Also, picking the music for each level is awesome.

• Like 1

Spiderman is definitely a lot of fun. The city is impressively large and detailed and while im sure they re-use assets you really can't tell, because of how smartly the objects and structures are placed. The combat is also becoming more fun as I unlock moves and gadgets. The dodging can feel kind of inconsistent but its surprisingly easy to pull off cool looking attacks and moves, and it does do a good job of making you feel like a superhero. I also heard a lot of hate about the stealth sections but i don't mind them at all. So far they've been easy, short, and infrequent enough that they don't bother me, in fact i think they're a nice change of pace when they happen. It gives you a different perspective on story events and also develops the other characters in the game besides spider man.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Spiderman is definitely a lot of fun. The city is impressively large and detailed and while im sure they re-use assets you really can't tell, because of how smartly the objects and structures are placed. The combat is also becoming more fun as I unlock moves and gadgets. The dodging can feel kind of inconsistent but its surprisingly easy to pull off cool looking attacks and moves, and it does do a good job of making you feel like a superhero. I also heard a lot of hate about the stealth sections but i don't mind them at all. So far they've been easy, short, and infrequent enough that they don't bother me, in fact i think they're a nice change of pace when they happen. It gives you a different perspective on story events and also develops the other characters in the game besides spider man.

Yeah, I dug the stealth parts. Heck, I even used the mechanic for fun. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kokujin said:

Street Fighter Alpha II >>> Smash.

SF3 >>> Smash.

SF5 > Smash.

Guilty Gear >> Smash

Smash >>>>> Mortal Kombat Poop, Killer Instinct, DC fighter, American trash :puke:

Smash still lame tho. 

Smash is basically a fighting game, for people who don't like typical fighting games. You spend %50 of your time not trying to fall down a pit and doing shenanigans trying to get back up.

I enjoy playing Smash games casually, but I just can't take those games seriously, no like I do when playing any other fighter. The intricacies are just trash (but bu ma wave dash cancels!) and the 1 vs 1 tournament fights are terrible to watch. 

It's actually way more fun when played with 3 friends, pick your favorite mascot, with tons of garbage items enabled and just let chaos ensues. You know, the way the game was meant to be played in the first place.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Smash is basically a fighting game, for people who don't like typical fighting games. You spend %50 of your time not trying to fall down a pit and doing shenanigans trying to get back up.

I enjoy playing Smash games casually, but I just can't take those games seriously, no like I do when playing any other fighter. The intricacies are just trash (but bu ma wave dash cancels!) and the 1 vs 1 tournament fights are terrible to watch. 

It's actually way more fun when played with 3 friends, pick your favorite mascot, with tons of garbage items enabled and just let chaos ensues. You know, the way the game was meant to be played in the first place.

that does sound like fun, and I see the fun draw in that,

but I'm going to hate on you (typical, I know)  for casualizing a game that isn't entirely casual. (I will always have this discrimination of you, unless you prove me otherwise :gto: :smoke: ) I have friends who are talented at the game, and they do a lot more than just wave dash.  I just do about 2-5 moves, depending on how long I've played.  And honestly after about 5 moves you know enough to play pro-habitual.  

I def like other fighting games better though. Even before the fun of climbing the learning curve. Actually I like fucking Mario Party over smash lol. 

Edited by kokujin
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

that does sound like fun, and I see the fun draw in that,

but I'm going to hate on you (typical, I know)  for casualizing a game that isn't entirely casual. (I will always have this discrimination of you, unless you prove me otherwise :gto: :smoke: ) I have friends who are talented at the game, and they do a lot more than just wave dash.  I just do about 2-5 moves, depending on how long I've played.  And honestly after about 5 moves you know enough to play pro-habitual.  

I def like other fighting games better though. Even before the fun of climbing the learning curve. Actually I like fucking Mario Party over smash lol. 

Dude, anything can be played at a high level of skills, I don't care. There's probably some dude who is insane at Big Rigs out there and broke the game somehow, that doesn't change the fact that it's a boring piece of shit.

Playing Smash at a competitive level is fucking boring. The fanbase took a game that was supposed to be a fun, accessible, casual party fighter and made it into something it never was intended to be. I was laughing at the wave dash cancel because that was actually a glitch in Melee and was not intended as a gameplay mechanic. I mean we are talking about a game where they need restrictions for tournament scenes, such as no items and 1 vs 1. That's ignoring half of the game's content and features just so it can be legit in tournaments.

I mean good for them if they enjoy it played that way, but I personally don't find competitive level of play in that game entertaining at all. The Smash tournaments scene puts me to sleep.

You could theoretically play Mario Party at a competitive level also, that doesn't mean the depth, design and mechanics of the game was intended for that. It sounds silly, doesn't it? Playing Smash at a pro level is equally silly to me.

But hey, people can do whatever they want, just like how I can keep not taking Smash seriously and enjoy it for what it is. A fun casual party fighter with Nintendo mascots fighting it out.