The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Meant to finish RDR2 over the holidays but didn't happen. Not sure ill get back to it tbh...kinda lost me. 

Played a bunch of SNES Classic shit instead...tore through DKC1/2 and SMW. Been getting back into Splatoon as well, god that game is good...might be the second best game on Switch tbh. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Meant to finish RDR2 over the holidays but didn't happen. Not sure ill get back to it tbh...kinda lost me. 

Played a bunch of SNES Classic shit instead...tore through DKC1/2 and SMW. Been getting back into Splatoon as well, god that game is good...might be the second best game on Switch tbh. 

the splatoon series is amazing :bow: 

46 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Can you sell me on Splatoon 2? 

I hear so many people raving about it. 

Hmmm...it’s more of an innovative platformer than it is a “traditional” shooter. I haven’t played the multiplayer yet, but I hear it’s the best aspect. However, I really dug the campaign. 

46 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Can you sell me on Splatoon 2? 

I hear so many people raving about it. 

Hmmm...it’s more of an innovative platformer than it is a “traditional” shooter. I haven’t played the multiplayer yet, but I hear it’s the best aspect. However, I really dug the campaign. 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I see. That actually piqued my interest more because I pretty much hate shooters. 

Will check it out more. :) 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Picked up Deep Sky Derelicts - normally not a fan of turned based combat games, nor card games, and this is both; and yet I'm loving it. :ben:

f4ca2b6853682e3a5954db7db3d67ad8423951d3

gshhxzwf4vl9cictk3gs.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a neat art style. Reminds me of Darkest Dungeon.

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Just off memory, you're maybe about 70% into the game. 

Awesome, I definitely plan to finish it this week so I can be ready for KH3 and RE2 in a couple of weeks. I also have Vesperia coming for Switch next week. So many games, so little time. :( 

Im not buying re2 or KH until I finish DQ and TR . Still need to get back into shining resonance but that'll be my burn game in-between other releases .

The next couple months are gonna be stacked that's for sure. 

On 2019-01-05 at 3:48 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Picked up Deep Sky Derelicts - normally not a fan of turned based combat games, nor card games, and this is both; and yet I'm loving it. :ben:

f4ca2b6853682e3a5954db7db3d67ad8423951d3

gshhxzwf4vl9cictk3gs.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't like the "grid" to explore. always find these type of games so boring, just like these labyrinth anime rpgs aza plays. But everything else looks pretty cool. 

I finished Spiderman. There were a lot of cool set pieces and story moments near the end, but I feel like not being that big of a fan of the universe did lessen my enjoyment of it. Many of the protagonists and villains were underdeveloped which is understandable because the game is supposed to be fan service so if you're into the spiderman lore you already know the backstory for all of them. There were still a lot of well made and touching moments that i did appreciate though.

As for the combat, I did praise it before but it definitely became less fun towards the end. It becomes a greater focus with more encounters involving more enemies and I just feel like while it does flow nicely there just isn't enough variety to the move set, or the gadgets. Also, the jetpack enemies are probably the most annoying motherfucking enemies I've faced in a video game in recent memory. God damn did they piss me off :|

The scale and detail of the open world was impressive, but like every other game of this type most of the distractions are repetitive and boil down to little more than collectibles. A lot of the landmarks and backpacks can be easily gotten while you're swinging around from mission to mission so It wasn't too bad. I also did appreciate the core side missions, including the research stations which had their own unique objectives most of the time.

Overall as someone who doesn't have much affinity for the source material I still came away satisfied with the game. Its a solid 8/10 for me. I do prefer the Batman games, mainly because that universe and its darker themes just appeal to me more.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2

Thronebreaker is a buggy pos on PS4. Do not buy until these issues have been ironed out. The game froze multiple times and try restarting a new game, didn't help. Sometimes it's specific things, sometimes it's random. 

Fucking terrible. I should ask for a refund.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Thronebreaker is a buggy pos on PS4. Do not buy until these issues have been ironed out. The game froze multiple times and try restarting a new game, didn't help. Sometimes it's specific things, sometimes it's random. 

Fucking terrible. I should ask for a refund.

Good luck getting refund from Sony :pavarotti: