The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 hours ago, Casual said:

Yo guys does RDR2 ever end?

I'm on Chapter 6 now...just helped John outta jail and stole some dynamite. 

How many hours do I have left...I'm basically just doing the story shit now. Got tired of sidequests/off the path stuff.

You still have a ways to go lol. The game definitely outstays its welcome.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Casual said:

Yo guys does RDR2 ever end?

I'm on Chapter 6 now...just helped John outta jail and stole some dynamite. 

How many hours do I have left...I'm basically just doing the story shit now. Got tired of sidequests/off the path stuff.

If I told you how much is left you'd prob stop playing lol

I just finished the Onimusha Warlords remaster. Some quick thoughts:

- its shorter than I remember. I finished it in under 5 hours, with all weapons maxed out. And i did dick around in the dark realm for a bit.

- The writing and voice acting are also worse than I remembered. Its some real early resident evil level of campiness that i actually kind of appreciate :ben:

- Graphically its not much to look at. Capcom definitely did not put as much effort into this port as the recent RE remasters.

- I have more experience with Genma (the xbox port) and I definitely missed its additions, like the freaky doll that attacks you from time to time.

- The combat is simplistic by modern action game standards, but theres still a good deal of satisfaction to it.  I especially like the sound your swords make when slashing enemies. Theres a nice feeling of impact to the strikes.

As probably the biggest Onimusha fan here, I enjoyed it (nostalgia is a big part of it tbh) and im interested in seeing what capcom's plan for the series is going forward. That said, I don't think remastering the worst version of what is arguably the worst game in the series (or the one that has aged the worst) was the best thing to do. Im not expecting a new game anytime soon, but i do hope that it does good enough that they'll at least remaster the rest of the games, maybe with more features and some extra bells and whistles when it comes to visuals.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You still have a ways to go lol. The game definitely outstays its welcome.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

If I told you how much is left you'd prob stop playing lol

Sigh. 

I feel eel like they should have just cut chapter 5. The mission structure just gets too repetitive and the awe of the world, which kinda pushed me through for the first while,  has kind of worn off

Finished Until Dawn Rush of Blood, pretty fun and  a perfect VR title imo.

Too bad there's zero extras when finishing the game, a shooting gallery would have been a fun addition.

If I'd ever show a VR virgin a game it would definitely be this one.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Too bad there's zero extras when finishing the game, a shooting gallery would have been a fun addition.

FUUUUCCCCKKK that spider level. :scared: 

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, bhytre said:

That’s going to be one of my first PSVR games. But even without playing it i’d argue that superhot vr is still the best vr showcase. 

Did you play it with move controllers or a DualShock?

Just now, Twinblade said:

That’s going to be one of my first PSVR games. But even without playing it i’d argue that superhot vr is still the best vr showcase. 

Move controllers, works well too. I haven't tried it with just the regular controller but I don't think it will be that good tbh.

Played through the first 3 missions of AC7 and its just plain awesome. Everything about the presentation including the graphics, sound, music, and cutscene direction is just top notch. The core gameplay hasn't changed much which is fine because the dogfighting is still really fun and intense. The main difference now is that theres a lot more customization. Planes, secondary weapons, and also individual upgrades (think perks) can be purchased with in-game currency shared between both the campaign and the multiplayer. Theres just a surprising amount of stuff surrounding the actual gameplay.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Until Dawn is meant to be played with PS Moves.

I guess that's one game that you'd need them. Sorry. 

I don't have Astropot it yet, I liked the demo though I'll get it :face:

Also stumbled up on Gun Club VR in the PS store, It's a bit steep atm @ $25 but it looks fun. Loved the shooting range minigame in The London Heist

VR is not perfect right now but it's  the future :dame: 

:banderoos:

Just now, Remij_ said:

No shit... been saying it for forever :reg: 

I always believed it from the moment I put the VR goggles on but it's just that the tech is really ghetto right now.

But in 10-20 years this is gonna be insane, we started off with TV-games like Pong and look what we have now (like RDR2 *jab* ):dame: 

Well, you better pray it continues growing, literally the only way PC GFX cards have any use :hehe: 

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I always believed it from the moment I put the VR goggles on but it's just that the tech is really ghetto right now.

But in 10-20 years this is gonna be insane, we started off with TV-games like Pong and look what we have now (like RDR2 *jab* ):dame: 

Well, you better pray it continues growing, literally the only way PC GFX cards have any use :hehe: 

It's limiting because of the cords, but other than that... who the fuck cares what you look like in your own home? That's some high-school shit :lul: 

But yea, when it goes completely wireless and the headsets become smaller and lighter... and not to mention the games get better at solving little control issues and locomotion... there's no way the technology doesn't explode.  It's inevitable. :blessed: 

I finished AC7. Great game. The last handful of missions really up the intensity. The scale of the battles is  just awesome and you really feel like you’re in the middle of a war. 

I already mentioned the presentation aspects but everything from the graphics to the music is top notch. In fact I think the OST might be my favorite in the series.

Cant wait for my PSVR to arrive so I can check out the VR missions. In the mean time I’ll dip into the multiplayer and see how that is.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

One of the best sections of any game ever :lawd:

The way it implements it's narrative into gameplay is astounding. 

This whole game has been amazing so far.

• Like 1