The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

On 2019-01-29 at 10:48 PM, Casual said:

Finally finished Chapter 6 of Red Dead. Can't even lie, the last couple hours was well worth the time investment, what a great ending. Some of the music in the last few missions was incredible...specifically

Reveal hidden contents

when Arthur is riding back to camp to confront Micah/Dutch

Pretty mixed on the game overall. I thought they really nailed the atmosphere...everything about was great. It really did feel like a living, breathing world. Even on a base PS4 it looked fantastic and I didn't really have any issues with the performance. The weather, sound effects, characters were all. The story itself was solid, but they could have cut ~10 hours of it. Characters and voice acting were top notch. 

I just wish the actual gameplay was a bit better. I didn't mind how slow and deliberate everything was, and I don't think I would have had the same opinion of the overall atmosphere without all that stuff. The mission structures and the shooting were tiring though. By about halfway through the game I was at the point where I was just going through the gameplay portions of the story missions as quickly as possible. Every mission followed the same blueprint, which wouldn't be so bad if that blueprint didn't include stupid amounts of boring, easy, 2009 cover shooting. Says a lot about the world they built that I still saw it through regardless of all that. 

Probably sneaks into my top 5 of 2018. 

how long is it? is it an easy game? would you say it has a more relaxed vibe, since it's slow-paced? 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

how long is it? is it an easy game? would you say it has a more relaxed vibe, since it's slow-paced? 

I'd probably say it took me 40-50 hours? That was with me ignoring a lot of the side stuff...didn't do any real hunting/fishing, not a whole lot of exploring outside of going where the missions were (which covers most of the map anyway), didn't spend a ton of time interacting with people at the camp. Definitely the story path. It's super easy, I only died a couple times and that was just because I got cocky. I failed a few missions because Rockstar has some pretty obscene requirements on the path they want you to take/how close they want you to ride with people, but I usually resumed pretty close to where I was. 

Overall it's pretty relaxed with some more intense story missions/cutscenes sprinkled in.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Casual said:

I'd probably say it took me 40-50 hours? That was with me ignoring a lot of the side stuff...didn't do any real hunting/fishing, not a whole lot of exploring outside of going where the missions were (which covers most of the map anyway), didn't spend a ton of time interacting with people at the camp. Definitely the story path. It's super easy, I only died a couple times and that was just because I got cocky. I failed a few missions because Rockstar has some pretty obscene requirements on the path they want you to take/how close they want you to ride with people, but I usually resumed pretty close to where I was. 

Overall it's pretty relaxed with some more intense story missions/cutscenes sprinkled in.

i think think this is something i'll dig. i tend to like more chill experiences now (getting old? lol). i will pick this up. thanks! 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i think think this is something i'll dig. i tend to like more chill experiences now (getting old? lol). i will pick this up. thanks! 

Yeah, I can see you digging it for sure. Feel like I usually share similar views on open world stuff as you do. If you go in with managed expectations you'll have a blast. 

You could absolutely play it in a more chill way than I did too. 

• Like 1

Been crazy busy with house shopping and new job but got some Smash time in and I have to say the 1v1 online is pretty damn stable even for WiFi and in portable mode. Joycons suck for it but are manageable. I use the GCN controller for the most part. Piranha Plant is pretty good and his Up+B is insanely broken. I can easily seeing this game eating up a good future of my gaming time. 

Im almost 9 hours into Kingdom Hearts 3 and I really don't know how I feel about it. Im split on so many aspects of it, it feels like im constantly having an internal argument with myself while playing it :D I can't remember the last time i played a game that was so hard to form an opinion on.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im almost 9 hours into Kingdom Hearts 3 and I really don't know how I feel about it. Im split on so many aspects of it, it feels like im constantly having an internal argument with myself while playing it :D I can't remember the last time i played a game that was so hard to form an opinion on.

it's garbage and you try to fight the urge to give up on this game.

1 hour ago, kaz said:

it's garbage and you try to fight the urge to give up on this game.

Nah, I don’t think it’s possible to actually hate the game. Its got a lot of heart (no pun intended) and the presentation is almost always phenomenal.  

It does also do a lot of things poorly though, mainly on the gameplay and design side.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, I don’t think it’s possible to actually hate the game. Its got a lot of heart (no pun intended) and the presentation is almost always phenomenal.  

It does also do a lot of things poorly though, mainly on the gameplay and design side.

I like the pun. meh I will give it a try but I never liked the series except the GBA game chain of memories with the card combat system. 

Edited by kaz

Damn, each world has been better looking than the last so far. Parts of the Tangled kingdom are just straight up stunning.

1 hour ago, kaz said:

I like the pun. meh I will give it a try but I never liked the series except the GBA game chain of memories with the card combat system. 

Its a tough game to recommend if you're not already invested in the story, and/or have an affinity for Disney's properties. The combat has some interesting features but 90% of it is just mashing the X button over and over again. The Gummi ship stuff is still pretty bad too.

If you're a graphics whore then its definitely worth checking out for that aspect. In fact its kind of a travesty that there isn't a PC version, it would look sharp af.

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, each world has been better looking than the last so far. Parts of the Tangled kingdom are just straight up stunning.

Its a tough game to recommend if you're not already invested in the story, and/or have an affinity for Disney's properties. The combat has some interesting features but 90% of it is just mashing the X button over and over again. The Gummi ship stuff is still pretty bad too.

If you're a graphics whore then its definitely worth checking out for that aspect. In fact its kind of a travesty that there isn't a PC version, it would look sharp af.

Thanks. I will give it a try like the other KH games but I'm certain I will drop it sooner or later. It's weird tho I love Disney movies but I don't appreciate that style in KH at all it always felt out of place to me.

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

PC version is coming. Best believe it. :smug: 

• Haha 1

Finally got red dead 2 for one x. Based on pro/neg reviews I’ve read, this sounds right up my alley. It will probably take me 6 months to finish, but that’s fine. I want a chill world to explore. 

• Like 1