The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I also stopped playing RDR to focus on Metro. I don't really have any desire to go back to it . Ill probably ship that back to GF and rent Sekiro .

Anthem I think im done with too, ill give it one more go.... so im gonna buy either DMC5 or Re2. Not sure which one I want to play first.

10 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Im not really sure, I didn't keep track. Its not too long tho, id guess around 15 hours or so.

Yeah i’d say 15-20 depending on how much exploring the player does. What did you think of the last level? I feel like it definitely dragged on for too long.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah i’d say 15-20 depending on how much exploring the player does. What did you think of the last level? I feel like it definitely dragged on for too long.

It did drag on too long and parts of it were pretty annoying . I think the ending was good tho 

4 hours ago, bhytre said:

I tried Monster Hunter World until the tutorial finished but I don't think this is for me. 

Everything still feels so ghetto and hitting monsters isn't satisfying at all

:pffft:

4 hours ago, bhytre said:

I tried Monster Hunter World until the tutorial finished but I don't think this is for me. 

Everything still feels so ghetto and hitting monsters isn't satisfying at all

What? Smashing the monster right in it’s face is like the most satisfying thing ever.  World is the most newcomer friendly in the series but still has a high skill cap. Positioning is key, you can’t just hack and slash your way through it. But once you master your weapon, everything flows. For newcomers I recommend using SnS or Long Sword or Dual blades.

8 hours ago, JONBpc said:

It did drag on too long and parts of it were pretty annoying . I think the ending was good tho 

yeah, it felt satisfying but at the same time left a lot open for a sequel.

The concept of them traveling to different settlements and saving those people by recruiting them into the perfect environment they found has a lot of potential.

For sure . They could really turn the sequel into goty quality .

I got annoyed with the sit down parts where you just smoked ciggarettes. I think they could have told a story in a better way than just sitting down and listening 

Yomwari-G3.jpg

I really don't like Yomawari. I think I could make this game in a Flash in under a week. It's just a simple maze with keys and locked doors where you avoid enemies either by hiding in bushes or running away from them. That all there is to the gameplay. There's also no music. I like the idea of having long sections with not music, but not the entire game.

Then the monster designs are often so bad I don't know what they're even supposed to be.

The town is largely built using a tileset and they're repeated so often that it makes the atmosphere feel repetitive. 

It's not scary or even eerie. Instead it relies on having enemies suddenly blindside the player from out of the darkness to startle the player. But those continuous cheap deaths just make a simple game feel even more repetitive.

These games should be $5.

I have put 60 hours into ass creed odyssey. I’m at level 40. 10 to go. Fortunately, the last 6 or 7 levels were continuous ownage. I also love how your actions have a big impact on the ending (read a spoiler about how to answer something properly - for the good ending). It’s funny how BioWare completely flopped this gen, yet AC evolved into a very good wrpg. Lots of great side stories. 

• Upvote 1

I beat the main arc of ass creed odyssey, which is a recommended level of 42 (which allows for new game +) I’ll do the side stuff, mainly Atlantis, down the road. I found out the last artifact recommends a level 50. I’m too fried for that lol. 

All in all, it’s been a great game, that would have been even better if it was significantly shorter. 

A lot of the side quests were actually great, and had many missions packed into them, with interesting stories too. 

However, I feel I’ve hit the point of diminishing returns. The next 8 levels would be too tedious, now that the central arc is completed. It would, essentially, be a collectathon. 

My score - 8.5/10...but it would have been a 9, even 9.5, if I was able to experience all of the best parts sooner, and even complete the Atlantis bits. I have logged in like 65 hours. That’s crazy. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Honestly can't believe you smashed through Red Dead and then Odyssey back to back. Both are obnoxiously long games lol. Must be super burnt out on open worlds atm. 

Ya. I’m soooo done with games for a while :mj:

• Haha 1

Sekiro is cool, the mobility options like the grappling hook and wall jump mechanic make it pretty fun to just move around and explore the levels (and they also contribute to the stealth aspect as you can flank and ambush enemies).

Its kind of barebones when it comes to RPG elements though.

Okay I think I've played enough Sekiro to have a little more thoughts about it now, still very early in the game though.

Firstly, holy shit, this game is spectacular. This might have the best combat of any game I've ever played. It throws everything from Soulsbourne out the window. Any one calling this a Souls game is insane because mechanically it's so different. Gone is the Souls esque wait for an opening/defensive approach, even with Bloodborne's quicker pace it seems like a crawl compared to this. This is about relentless pressure and every single attack, parry, skill move, spirit emblem is so satisfying. You are pretty much punished for back off, it allows enemies to regain posture and pretty much makes you restart breaking them down. 

Nearly all the stat based RPG elements are gone too, can't grind for higher health or stronger attacks or anything, that is totally replaced by skill trees and coin which can be used to purchase certain items that can help you. 

Story is much more streamlined than in past Soulsbourne games too. 

I'm still way too early to say it is definitely better than Bloodborne simply because I need to see all the bosses, plus Bloodborne has a personal advantage because of the setting, however I do think that technically....this is better. 

Difficulty wise, it is hard, very hard. In ways harder than souls game and yet it balances it out by giving you a res ability and also so much more mobility to escape. The verticalility is a total game changer.

I think I've only beat one actual main boss so far yet I feel I have played quite a bit. Curious to hear what everyone else is up to.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Okay I think I've played enough Sekiro to have a little more thoughts about it now, still very early in the game though.

Firstly, holy shit, this game is spectacular. This might have the best combat of any game I've ever played. It throws everything from Soulsbourne out the window. Any one calling this a Souls game is insane because mechanically it's so different. Gone is the Souls esque wait for an opening/defensive approach, even with Bloodborne's quicker pace it seems like a crawl compared to this. This is about relentless pressure and every single attack, parry, skill move, spirit emblem is so satisfying. You are pretty much punished for back off, it allows enemies to regain posture and pretty much makes you restart breaking them down. 

Nearly all the stat based RPG elements are gone too, can't grind for higher health or stronger attacks or anything, that is totally replaced by skill trees and coin which can be used to purchase certain items that can help you. 

Story is much more streamlined than in past Soulsbourne games too. 

I'm still way too early to say it is definitely better than Bloodborne simply because I need to see all the bosses, plus Bloodborne has a personal advantage because of the setting, however I do think that technically....this is better. 

Difficulty wise, it is hard, very hard. In ways harder than souls game and yet it balances it out by giving you a res ability and also so much more mobility to escape. The verticalility is a total game changer.

I think I've only beat one actual main boss so far yet I feel I have played quite a bit. Curious to hear what everyone else is up to.

Let me know if you have any tips for the enemies that use spears cause they're the worst. Seriously, whether it be mini bosses or regular ones they just wipe the floor with me every single damn time :monkas: 

The game is tough overall but i would be making way more progress if not for them. Every other enemy type and boss has been manageable so far (outside of one particular enemy that i won't mention for spoiler reasons). You're right about the lack of stats and how that changes the gameplay. In the rest of the souls-like games with enough grinding you can sort of brute force your way through even the hardest encounters. But in Sekiro most of your progression is through the skills and gadgets. While you gain more options for combat as you get deeper into the game they won't help you win the tougher fights if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by Twinblade