The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Let me know if you have any tips for the enemies that use spears cause they're the worst. Seriously, whether it be mini bosses or regular ones they just wipe the floor with me every single damn time :monkas: 

The game is tough overall but i would be making way more progress if not for them. Every other enemy type and boss has been manageable so far (outside of one particular enemy that i won't mention for spoiler reasons).

The main ppl I've encountered with spears have been regular enemies and fairly easily dispatched with. Dodge the spear then charge attack and mostly done.

I'm not too fussed spoiler wise if you just want to explain which enemy in particular.

I'll let you know what I've done so far. All of Ashina Outskirts including all mini bosses and the main boss at the Castle Gate.

Made my way to Ashina Castle but not done too much there.

And did a little of Hirata Estate. 
Just not sure which I should doing first atm, Hirata Estate or the Castle. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Okay I think I've played enough Sekiro to have a little more thoughts about it now, still very early in the game though.

Firstly, holy shit, this game is spectacular. This might have the best combat of any game I've ever played. It throws everything from Soulsbourne out the window. Any one calling this a Souls game is insane because mechanically it's so different. Gone is the Souls esque wait for an opening/defensive approach, even with Bloodborne's quicker pace it seems like a crawl compared to this. This is about relentless pressure and every single attack, parry, skill move, spirit emblem is so satisfying. You are pretty much punished for back off, it allows enemies to regain posture and pretty much makes you restart breaking them down. 

Nearly all the stat based RPG elements are gone too, can't grind for higher health or stronger attacks or anything, that is totally replaced by skill trees and coin which can be used to purchase certain items that can help you. 

Story is much more streamlined than in past Soulsbourne games too. 

I'm still way too early to say it is definitely better than Bloodborne simply because I need to see all the bosses, plus Bloodborne has a personal advantage because of the setting, however I do think that technically....this is better. 

Difficulty wise, it is hard, very hard. In ways harder than souls game and yet it balances it out by giving you a res ability and also so much more mobility to escape. The verticalility is a total game changer.

I think I've only beat one actual main boss so far yet I feel I have played quite a bit. Curious to hear what everyone else is up to.

Just started today and only a few hours in but yeah so far I agree with everything you said. I'm definitely finding this way harder than any of the Dark Souls...though it's reminding me a bit of the feeling I had when I first started Bloodborne, the pace is so drastically different it's taking some getting used to. 

Right now I have a couple paths open to me...

Ogre dude who I'm working on right now, i've nearly beat him a few times...twice another mob showed up later into the fight and the third time i got caught and thrown off the cliff. the timing for dodging his grabs are tight. the other path is the Hirata Estate. I'm not really sure which one is the right one...maybe they're both valid options.

Just now, Casual said:

Just started today and only a few hours in but yeah so far I agree with everything you said. I'm definitely finding this way harder than any of the Dark Souls...though it's reminding me a bit of the feeling I had when I first started Bloodborne, the pace is so drastically different it's taking some getting used to. 

Right now I have a couple paths open to me...

Hide contents

Ogre dude who I'm working on right now, i've nearly beat him a few times...twice another mob showed up later into the fight and the third time i got caught and thrown off the cliff. the timing for dodging his grabs are tight. the other path is the Hirata Estate. I'm not really sure which one is the right one...maybe they're both valid options.

I finished the Ashina Outskirts area completely before touching Hirata Estate which I can now. So I would prob say take out that Ogre. He was the enemy I've died most to so far and yet at the same time didn't think he was that difficult because his move set is predictable but as you said the timing is very fine, I just kept getting caught with that huge lunging grab move. But yeah take out the 2 guys near the fire then quickly run up and slash him till be breaks free then quickly back down to the bottom again so it doesn't draw the spear guy. 

But yeah official order wise Hirata Estate is after the Ogre (and other things in Ashina Outskirts). You'll know when you've defeated the main boss of the area because a trophy/achievement will pop.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The main ppl I've encountered with spears have been regular enemies and fairly easily dispatched with. Dodge the spear then charge attack and mostly done.

I'm not too fussed spoiler wise if you just want to explain which enemy in particular.

I'll let you know what I've done so far. All of Ashina Outskirts including all mini bosses and the main boss at the Castle Gate.

Made my way to Ashina Castle but not done too much there.

And did a little of Hirata Estate. 
Just not sure which I should doing first atm, Hirata Estate or the Castle. 

I have so much trouble reading their attacks, especially their wide swings.  They're always in cramped environments too, so I run out of space a lot of time when dodging. Maybe something will click for me eventually but so far the majority of my deaths have been attributed to them.

the enemy i was referring to was 

The headless mini boss in the cave. I died to him a few times before realizing that its probably a boss thats better fought later in the game. I've also yet to find a vendor that sells those divine paper items that allow him to be damaged

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I have so much trouble reading their attacks, especially their wide swings.  They're always in cramped environments too, so I run out of space a lot of time when dodging. Maybe something will click for me eventually but so far the majority of my deaths have been attributed to them.

the enemy i was referring to was 

Reveal hidden contents

The headless mini boss in the cave. I died to him a few times before realizing that its probably a boss thats better fought later in the game. I've also yet to find a vendor that sells those divine paper items that allow him to be damaged

Try jumping the wide swings and just dodging the straight charges then attack instantly after. But anything that doesn't show that Red Japanese symbol should always preferably be parried. 

Oh yeah he is meant to be skipped for now. Can't even damage him in any atm. 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Try jumping the wide swings and just dodging the straight charges then attack instantly after. But anything that doesn't show that Red Japanese symbol should always preferably be parried. 

Oh yeah he is meant to be skipped for now. Can't even damage him in any atm. 

I get hit most when dodging the thrusts, i think my timing is just bad.

Also theres a pretty cool environment branching off from Ashina Castle....its a nice change of pace visually.

Edited by Twinblade

This Oniwa fucker is pissing me off. My strategy (the strategy?) is to just strafe and jump over his sweep attacks until he eventually pulls back and gives you the chance to grapple. The annoying part is sometimes he pulls back every other time he attacks and other fights he’ll just continuously go in for sweep attacks. Doesn’t seem to be a good way to trigger him giving you that opening. 

Edit:  

and of course that wasn’t the strategy. I need to get rid of the dark souls mentality of waiting for openings lol. I tried going aggressive and he was down in three attempts, his posture breaks quick

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The hell, she didn't go through her illusion phase in your game.

I kept the pressure up. At least that's what I think it was. Normally she would when I was being too cautious. 

Edited by Boss
2 hours ago, Boss said:

I kept the pressure up. At least that's what I think it was. Normally she would when I was being too cautious. 

Ahh that makes sense. I fought and lost to her once and i thought you couldn't knock her out of summoning the illusions. I used up a bunch of spin seeds for nothing.

Edited by Twinblade

I played some Insurgency (2014) never tried it before, it's pretty good tbh. I prefer Squad but the mp is really fun if you play the one life only missions. 

this is probably the best game i've played running on the source engine.