The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I came back from my mini Colorado vacation and just lost the drive to continue playing sekiro even though I was really liking it and I’m not sure why.

how bad was it whooping you?

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I came back from my mini Colorado vacation and just lost the drive to continue playing sekiro even though I was really liking it and I’m not sure why.

Game just isn't that great.

-Combat is shallow and repetitive 

-The stealth is terribly designed and brain dead simple

-The level design is nowhere near as good as the Soulsborne games

-The world, characters, and story just aren't that interesting. Sekiro lacks that mysterious factor that Fromsoft's previous games had in spades because Sekiro spells everything out for you.

After I got the Platinum I haven't touched the game since. The game has no replay value.

Edited by Sabo

lmao @ "I got the platinum trophy, game has no replay value".

That, by definition, is replay value. You were enticed to replay it. 

What a weird way to judge games anyway. Almost no single player game has replay value. Ain't no one got time for that shit anyway. Sekiro is probably the first game I've replayed in years. 

Edited by Casual
1 minute ago, Casual said:

lmao @ "I got the platinum trophy, game has no replay value".

That, by definition, is replay value. You were enticed to replay it. 

What a weird way to judge games anyway. Almost no single player game has replay value. 

No, see he made himself suffer through it so it lends more credence in his opinion about the game.

The hilarious thing I find is complaining about the combat... which is more in-depth than any souls game before it.  The story... which is actually told in a more direct way, yet still has some amazing lore behind it.  The stealth... which wasn't ever meant to be a main pillar of the gameplay.  The level design is great.  The game has beautiful environments, which considering how the player can move through them, are designed in a way that allows for options when engaging enemies.

He wanted Tenchu.. and he didn't get it.

It's got better movement than any souls game, better combat, better visuals, better presentation.. and the setting is awesome.

I definitely agree with him about there not being enough reasons to explore though and find different loot.  It's always the same shit you're finding... which sucks.  And obviously there's certain limitations of the world design when you're basing something in a real place VS a completely fictional one.  But w/e.  Game is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No, see he made himself suffer through it so it lends more credence in his opinion about the game.

The hilarious thing I find is complaining about the combat... which is more in-depth than any souls game before it.  The story... which is actually told in a more direct way, yet still has some amazing lore behind it.  The stealth... which wasn't ever meant to be a main pillar of the gameplay.  The level design is great.  The game has beautiful environments, which considering how the player can move through them, are designed in a way that allows for options when engaging enemies.

He wanted Tenchu.. and he didn't get it.

It's got better movement than any souls game, better combat, better visuals, better presentation.. and the setting is awesome.

I definitely agree with him about there not being enough reasons to explore though and find different loot.  It's always the same shit you're finding... which sucks.  And obviously there's certain limitations of the world design when you're basing something in a real place VS a completely fictional one.  But w/e.  Game is amazing.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

The Soulsborne games definitely have a deeper combat system than Sekiro.

Sekiro's combat is very basic. The game has ONE move set. The Soulsborne games have SEVERAL move sets. But let's just limit Dark Souls/Bloodborne to one weapon just like Sekiro so I can show you how much of a dumbass statement you're making.

In Sekiro, you have one weapon with one primary Attack button. You have one move set and you can hold the button to get a charge move. That's it.

Each weapon in the Dark Souls games have a Light Attack move set, a Heavy Attack move set,  a TWO HANDED Light Attack move set,  a TWO HANDED Heavy Attack move set. You also have access to a Guard Break (Forward+Light Attack), a Lunge Attack (Forward+Heavy Attack), Block and Parry/Riposte.

In Bloodborne's case the shit gets even crazier because every weapon in that game is literally two weapons in one. The weapons in Bloodborne can freely transform into a completely different weapon with a whole new move set at any time and then change back again.

This is the shit you have access to with just ONE weapon in these games, the Soulsborne games have MORE than one weapon to choose from. 

And that's just discussing one point of the combat systems in these games... 

Sekiro has deep combat... LMAO.... 

11 minutes ago, Sabo said:

In Sekiro, you have one weapon with one primary Attack button. You have one move set and you can hold the button to get a charge move. That's it.

Sekiro has deep combat... LMAO.... 

Nope.  You have lots of attack methods at your disposal.

And movesets don't make the combat deeper shithead.  You circle the enemy and attack... circle and attack.  There's NO instance in Souls games where you actually HAVE to use 2 handed attacks or a certain weapon over another or whatever... it's useless fluff.  Shit simply does DAMAGE... it doesn't make it any deeper.  You're only changing the amount of damage you're doing... while doing the same fucking shit... circling and attacking...

By the simple virtue of having a poise meter that you have to break, meaning you're actually compelled to parry as well as attack, Sekiro's combat is deeper than any fucking souls game.  Enemies is souls games don't require ANYTHING other than simply attacking.

And I said Sekiro has DEEPER combat.  And it does.  Straight the fuck up.  You HAVE to block.. you HAVE to attack, and you HAVE to parry.  You have your standard attacks, your skills, your ninjitsu, and your arts.  You can take enemies out from above, below, behind... and you actually CAN stealth if you choose.

I've made my way now through 3 playthroughs with 3 different girls on DOAX3. It's a lot of fun and fantastic portable for Switch with it's pick up and play type gameplay. Graphics are great because they mostly set all of their power and assets on the character models and character physics. They can also develop tan lines based on the different suits they wear. It's also actually a damn solid game of volleyball that I really enjoy. Fully English too so no problem for importers. 8.1/10

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  You have lots of attack methods at your disposal.

And movesets don't make the combat deeper shithead.  You circle the enemy and attack... circle and attack.  There's NO instance in Souls games where you actually HAVE to use 2 handed attacks or a certain weapon over another or whatever... it's useless fluff.  Shit simply does DAMAGE... it doesn't make it any deeper.  You're only changing the amount of damage you're doing... while doing the same fucking shit... circling and attacking...

By the simple virtue of having a poise meter that you have to break, meaning you're actually compelled to parry as well as attack, Sekiro's combat is deeper than any fucking souls game.  Enemies is souls games don't require ANYTHING other than simply attacking.

And I said Sekiro has DEEPER combat.  And it does.  Straight the fuck up.  You HAVE to block.. you HAVE to attack, and you HAVE to parry.  You have your standard attacks, your skills, your ninjitsu, and your arts.  You can take enemies out from above, below, behind... and you actually CAN stealth if you choose.

Holy hell, the ignorance... And the gross oversimplification only heightens it.

You clearly don't understand the point of all of those move sets and their reason for existing. They're not fluff. Unlike Sekiro, everything has a cost in the Soulsborne games. STAMINA governs all.  Those different move sets? Different costs. Stamina is a constant resource you have to take into account with every action you take. I could seriously write paragraphs on how much the Stamina system alone changes the way you engage in the game because it's a system that constantly forces the player to think.

The Poise system is a TERRIBLE substitute. It's a completely one dimensional system. Fill the bar so you can push your "I Win" button.

There is no "depth" in Sekiro's combat because it's intentionally designed to be simple. The game follows very strict Rock/Paper/Scissors rules. 

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Holy hell, the ignorance... And the gross oversimplification only heightens it.

You clearly don't understand the point of all of those move sets and their reason for existing. They're not fluff. Unlike Sekiro, everything has a cost in the Soulsborne games. STAMINA governs all.  Those different move sets? Different costs. Stamina is a constant resource you have to take into account with every action you take. I could seriously write paragraphs on how much the Stamina system alone changes the way you engage in the game because it's a system that constantly forces the player to think.

The Poise system is a TERRIBLE substitute. It's a completely one dimensional system. Fill the bar so you can push your "I Win" button.

There is no "depth" in Sekiro's combat because it's intentionally designed to be simple. The game follows very strict Rock/Paper/Scissors rules. 

Holy fuck... you're trying to make Souls combat sound like you don't just fucking run in attack roll/dash and attack..  Fuck right off :D 

NOBODY is thinking about attack and stamina management on a per hit basis in souls games GTFO :hest: 

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

LOL, stick to discussions on graphic card bullshit... You at least actually know what you're talking about there.

Nah, it's amusing engaging you speaking about how deep COMBAT is in Souls games.

You're literally on the verge of arguing that different weapons do different amounts of damage... as a crutch that it's actually deepens the actual combat loop.  Nope.. sorry.  It's dodge attack, dodge attack..  

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Nah, it's amusing engaging you speaking about how deep COMBAT is in Souls games.

You're literally on the verge of arguing that different weapons do different amounts of damage... as a crutch that it's actually deepens the actual combat loop.  Nope.. sorry.  It's dodge attack, dodge attack..  

You literally didn't understand a thing I said if you think I was even talking about different weapons doing different damage. I never even bothered to bring up damage to begin with because that had nothing to do with the point I was making so the fact that you are somehow drawing a correlation to it is baffling.

I take back what I said- you're not ignorant, you're just stupid. 

Remipee talking about combat lmfao :mj: Sekiwo deepz! :dipbaby:LMAO

Playing Horizon Zero Dawn. You fight metallic things and your name happens to be... Aloy... :danylol:

So much cringe in the story LOL

But it's kinda fun so far :dame:

Edited by bhytre