The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

pc gaming is such a mess sometimes. Odyssey crashed and then the game somehow uninstalled itself afterwards :mindblown:I was almost 7 hours in so I hope i didn't lose all my progress.

see your problem isn't the pc it's that you're playing ubisoft games :poop:

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

pc gaming is such a mess sometimes. Odyssey crashed and then the game somehow uninstalled itself afterwards :mindblown:I was almost 7 hours in so I hope i didn't lose all my progress.

damn, and the first 10 hours are the least interesting too. 

Eh, Days Gone doesn't really change much throughout aside from it becoming more and more unplayable the later you get. The hordes are definitely a highlight tho.

My ACO progress is intact. That was such a weird bug though. uplay, steam, and control panel all showed that the game had been uninstalled but i couldn't reinstall it. Then I realized that it was because the main folder for it still existed, so I had to delete that first,

5 hours ago, -GD- said:

damn, and the first 10 hours are the least interesting too. 

Thats good to hear. The bulk of it has been that first support quest which isn't that interesting, so im hoping theres more to the main campaign than just those.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Thats good to hear. The concept of support quests isn't that interesting, so im hoping theres more to the main story than just those.

i would pay the $10 and get the 50%+ xp perk. i wish i had done that. 

6 hours ago, soup said:

Eh, Days Gone doesn't really change much throughout aside from it becoming more and more unplayable the later you get. The hordes are definitely a highlight tho.

Unplayable how?

Core gameplay is always the same but I'm having a shit tonne more fun with so much more craftable weapons and guns at my disposable then I was at the start. First time I took on a horde it was a shit gun and a couple molotovs. Now I have proxy mines, traps, as much frag, molotovs and pipe bombs as I want, attractors, plus a gun that mows em down. 

A bike that can ride for more than a mile without needing to refuel too.

great, it happened again. Yeah im definitely not getting any more ubisoft games on PC. i should have stopped when I bought Watch Dogs 2, which crashed repeatedly at the same exact spot in the story early on, making it impossible to play through the rest of the game.

Edited by Twinblade

@-GD- should I avoid the bounties and contracts in odyssey? They seem like very generic quests that just have you repeatedly kill and loot. I think I’m just going to focus on the regular side quests that have their own little stories and characters.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD- should I avoid the bounties and contracts in odyssey? They seem like very generic quests that just have you repeatedly kill and loot. I think I’m just going to focus on the regular side quests that have their own little stories and characters.

Yes. Completely avoid them. They are the forever recurring generic quests there for ppl to grind resources of XP if needed. You don't need to do any of them to just progress through if you do regular side quests. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes! Avoid them all! I did one, and it was more than enough. 

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Unplayable how?

Core gameplay is always the same but I'm having a shit tonne more fun with so much more craftable weapons and guns at my disposable then I was at the start. First time I took on a horde it was a shit gun and a couple molotovs. Now I have proxy mines, traps, as much frag, molotovs and pipe bombs as I want, attractors, plus a gun that mows em down. 

A bike that can ride for more than a mile without needing to refuel too.

The frame rate is rarely at 30, hovers like 15-25, constant stutters some even lasting like 10+ seconds, and multiple instances of textures not loading preventing me from progressing main story stuff without having to fully close out of the app. This game is pure garbage in terms of optimization and the bike upgrades seem to make it substantially worse. Straight up the worst performing game i’ve played in a long while which is surprising coming from Sony first party.

This shit has happened multiple times in the same exact area.

Edited by soup
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, soup said:

The frame rate is rarely at 30, hovers like 15-25, constant stutters some even lasting like 10+ seconds, and multiple instances of textures not loading preventing me from progressing main story stuff without having to fully close out of the app. This game is pure garbage in terms of optimization and the bike upgrades seem to make it substantially worse. Straight up the worst performing game i’ve played in a long while which is surprising coming from Sony first party.

that invisible portion of the ladder is great for cardio! 

13 hours ago, soup said:

Sheesh thats bad :D I have never experienced that once and I've played for 30+ hours now. Are you on the base PS4 by any chance?

I have one area that slows the framerate down when I get near it but that's all. Other than that it's been technically fine.

10 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Sheesh thats bad :D I have never experienced that once and I've played for 30+ hours now. Are you on the base PS4 by any chance?

I have one area that slows the framerate down when I get near it but that's all. Other than that it's been technically fine.

I'm on a Pro. It's pretty bad, the last area is a mess. The things I've seen on a technical level are more terrifying than the freakers. 

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, soup said:

I'm on a Pro. It's pretty bad, the last area is a mess. The things I've seen on a technical level are more terrifying than the freakers. 

jesus :D