The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Even though I have a soft spot for Witcher 3, I think Odyssey has the best open world i've seen in a game yet. Im 20 hours in and there are still plenty of moments where its detail and scale just blows me away.

Right? I totally wasn’t expecting that. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

For the tech savy ppl here. I've always wondered why different people can have such differing performance or technical performances from standardised consoles. Like in this most recent case the vast difference between soup and I on Days Gone with both using the Pro. I get how that happens on PC given the big range in differing hardware and even software on individual PCs. But for consoles I never understood why. Even for many other games, for eg, I had far more issues with Anthem that my friends did, and vice versa for other games. 

I wonder why :gerstmann:

the first mass effect is way better than ME2. I love the locations and cutscenes so far and surprisingly the combat as well. 

also i was quite shocked when i found out i can make a really attractive women in this game.

its so weird that the first ME game of all games is the one, with its basic ass character creator, that lets me birth this beautiful bitch. 

too bad i named her shepard backwards, if i had known she looks absolutely gorgeous from some angles in conversations she'd get a real name, love the voice acting too :glad: 

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, kaz said:

the first mass effect is way better than ME2. I love the locations and cutscenes so far and surprisingly the combat as well. 

also i was quite shocked when i found out i can make a really attractive women in this game.

its so weird that the first ME game of all games is the one, with its basic ass character creator, that lets me birth this beautiful bitch. 

too bad i named her shepard backwards, if i had known she looks absolutely gorgeous from some angles in conversations she'd get a real name, love the voice acting too :glad: 

yeah, the first game is definitely the best one, once you get past all the bugs. 

still, i love the whole trilogy. 

Edited by -GD-
36 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah, the first game is definitely the best one, once you get past all the bugs. 

still, i love the whole trilogy. 

I’ve been saying this from the very beginning and nobody ever agreed with me :meh: ME1’s worlds and storylines resonated with me quite a bit more than those from 2 or 3. It’s only flaws were the janky shooting and copy paste planets.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I’ve been saying this from the very beginning and nobody ever agreed with me :meh: ME1’s worlds and storylines resonated with me quite a bit more than those from 2 or 3. It’s only flaws were the janky shooting and copy paste planets.

when i replayed the trilogy, i remember agreeing with you, and then darxero (however you spell his name) was saying how 1 sucked and 2/3 were a lot better. 

I need to upload video of this one very specific part that I did in Trials Fusion.

I'm not even playing Trials Rising because I realized I never played Trials Fusion, and I had gotten that game for free on PS+ a while ago.

New tracks are new tracks. I want to beat them all.

And Fusion adds specific stunt challenges within the levels, that are hidden within the level. Those are fucking maddening. But i can't stop until I can achieve them.

I finally got a third screen in the between my PC and TV, and that accepts HDMI from either the PC or the game consoles. I'll primarily use it for the game consoles so that I can watch TV in the background (news, sports, Netflix shows, Late Night talk shows) but still play video games at the same time.

Edited by jehurey
31 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

i marathoned all mass effect games in 2013 and came out hating the series :ben:

i still havent played andromeda and probly wont

you will hate andromeda if you hated the trilogy.  

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

you will hate andromeda if you hated the trilogy.  

it was cause i binged the fuck out of it for weeks and it burned me out.

i still have love for 2

Just now, Handsome Horse said:

it was cause i binged the fuck out of it for weeks and it burned me out.

i still have love for 2

well yeah, you have to take breaks. 

Played through the first 4 chapters of A Plague Tale: Innocence. Im extremely impressed with this game so far. It moves quickly, has a really cool setting filled with atmosphere, and while the puzzles haven't been challenging it does a lot of interesting things with the whole concept of using light to carve paths through the swarms of rats. This is definitely going to be one of this year's biggest sleeper hits for a lot of people.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Gonna muster up the interest to finish off Farcry 5 and Doom, still on my to do list... 

hey  i just reinstalled far cry 5

Been playing that french rat game and it's pretty OK. The English dialogue and acting is pretty rough at times and I think the kid is super shitty and annoying. Puzzles for these first 6? or so chapters are pretty cookie cutter stuff but w/e. My biggest annoyance is the crafting system, it seems super unnecessary and goes out of its way to gameify a game that seems really hell-bent on telling a "serious" story. 

7 hours ago, soup said:

Been playing that french rat game and it's pretty OK. The English dialogue and acting is pretty rough at times and I think the kid is super shitty and annoying. Puzzles for these first 6? or so chapters are pretty cookie cutter stuff but w/e. My biggest annoyance is the crafting system, it seems super unnecessary and goes out of its way to gameify a game that seems really hell-bent on telling a "serious" story. 

I can't say I agree. The kid is fine and hes almost always attached to your side, so its not like you have to babysit him or make sure his AI doesn't do something stupid. And without spoiling anything the crafting system does continually evolve as you get further, and it does end up making more sense in the context of the story. The most game-y thing about it is how the workbenches for upgrading were sometimes just plopped down in what feels like the middle of nowhere....i do think that aspect of it is kind of silly.

Edited by Twinblade

I'm playing Grim Dawn. the dual class system is really cool. I started with a nightblade and at level 10 took ocultist.

and now i'm an assassin that can summon familiars :glad: