The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

im about 32 hours in, and definitely starting to feel fatigued with the gameplay loop. I feel like the combat in particular just can't support a game of this length. Its way too repetitive and the sponge-y enemies are not interesting to fight.

i can see that happening. are you changing up your combat skills? it helped me break things up a lot. 

i think the game would have been perfectly balanced, had they just bundled in the 50% xp boost. in retrospect, i wish i had purchased it. i mean, i got the game for $15. what's another $10? it would have saved me 1/3 of the time to see all the cool shit. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

i can see that happening. are you changing up your combat skills? it helped me break things up a lot. 

i think the game would have been perfectly balanced, had they just bundled in the 50% xp boost. in retrospect, i wish i had purchased it. i mean, i got the game for $15. what's another $10? it would have saved me 1/3 of the time to see all the cool shit. 

The main skill i use consistently is that charged arrow cause of how much damage it does. Theres some cool ones like the one that rains down arrows, or the one that ignites your weapons on fire, but they just don't seem that useful or effective overall. the fights against stronger enemies still go on for way longer than they should.

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The main skill i use consistently is that charged arrow cause of how much damage it does. Theres some cool ones like the one that rains down arrows, or the one that ignites your weapons on fire, but they just don't seem that useful or effective overall. the fights against stronger enemies still go on for way longer than they should.

I love being stealthy af, but I hear ya 

44 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

If you haven't already, get Superhot VR. That game is legit John Wick the video game

yeah, still the best vr game imo

that said i did buy blood & truth. just waiting for the PSVR dildos to arrive.

Edited by Twinblade
On 2019-05-28 at 7:30 PM, Twinblade said:

im about 32 hours in, and definitely starting to feel fatigued with the gameplay loop. I feel like the combat in particular just can't support a game of this length. Its way too repetitive and the sponge-y enemies are not interesting to fight.

I burned out about the same time 

Started playing Blood and Truth for PSVR. It’s been pretty fun and the animations of the characters is pretty impressive. Excited to continue. Aiming is taking a little getting used to but I’m getting the hang of it. Using the move controllers and having to aim like an actual weapon while also moving your head to track is pretty fun. 

I bought Mordhau recently and have been playing that on the side. Its alright, but definitely doesn't impress me as much as Chivalry did for its time. First thing I noticed is that the progression isn't very clear, and it doesn't explain the classes or mechanics that well. The worst part though is just how slim the competitive multiplayer is. Theres only 4 maps and they all have a pretty basic set of objectives. While there is a battle royale mode and a horde knock off now, they aren't good enough to justify the lack of content in the core multiplayer which should be the draw of this type of game.

Edited by Twinblade
  • 2 weeks later...

A few hours into Bloodstained. Its pretty awesome, there are a surprising amount of systems and you're juggling so many things at once but it all makes the progression more fun and doesn't feel like busy work. Completing quests, crafting new items, collecting shards, upgrading them and seeing all the differences as you stack them. Customizing and changing up your loadout is very much encouraged too, I was having trouble with an earlier boss but changed my main weapon and my shard (i used the spinning chainsaw blade one, which i had upgraded to improve its reach) and made quick work of him. I have some issues with the presentation, its kind of rough in spots and can feel low budget, but everything else in the game is basically castlevania on crack. Even the story and VA is substantial, theres a lot of dialogue and its actually decently written/acted.

worth the wait so far.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 2