The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Damn..that battle was incredible! You truly get rewarded if you map out a gameplan. 

Advice: have a good 3 of 4 people skilled with magic. Make sure everyone is experienced with battalions. The last part was a mistake I made. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

On 2019-08-18 at 9:52 PM, -GD- said:

I think I’m at the end. I’m getting my ass handed to me in the last battle.  I can defeat every soldier except one. Fucker is a bitch. I may have to reorganize my battalions. 

Damn man you cruised through that game 

42 minutes ago, Casual said:

Damn man you cruised through that game 

60 hours bro lol. This last battle is tough, and I got peeps at level 50 (some are around 30, though). I think I have a good strategy now, but I need a break lol

I decided to boot up a retro game:

Star Wars: Republic Commando from the OG Xbox days. :haloben:

Spoiler

72E613A91033D7EAE3DD4C936DAF478DA0C9ABC0

C14CF247F0CA6556F714D8A989A79CD1D57176AB

EF19175B4550F1972AEEFF8462A9A85B37F5D2F1

41DFB582C10043DF831E9DB1D9BF068717739304

67800C283CF70A475B7995D1CAE7F862173DCABA

Proper nostalgia vibes :glad:, and mods exist to improve the graphics (including 4K + widescreen); remember this is from 2005 and runs on the Unreal 2 engine.

This game, along with KOTOR and the Jedi Knight series, are among my favourite SW titles.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
10 hours ago, -GD- said:

60 hours bro lol. This last battle is tough, and I got peeps at level 50 (some are around 30, though). I think I have a good strategy now, but I need a break lol

Yeah one of the things I'm struggling a bit with now is keeping people around the same level. It was easy before I started recruiting but now I have more people than slots. 

Hard to decide if I want to keep a balanced 12-14 rotation or just keep a core 9-10 at high levels. 

38 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah one of the things I'm struggling a bit with now is keeping people around the same level. It was easy before I started recruiting but now I have more people than slots. 

Hard to decide if I want to keep a balanced 12-14 rotation or just keep a core 9-10 at high levels. 

Yeah, I love that the game gives you the option, though. Most of my characters are 40+

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

How many attempts have you had?

5 or 6. I spent an hour + on each one.  I’ll save you a major headache - fuck splitting into groups (the level splits you into two groups - ignore it) . Take the right path up, as a single group. Much easier than the left and the center (I still can’t believe this path was recommended - it’s the hardest by far). I made some mistakes that I will avoid in my next play through. Oh, the two rear blocks on either side of the final boss are untouchable by surrounding foes. Put one of your strongest characters and a healer  on each side. I figured this out when it was too late. 

Edited by -GD-
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

5 or 6. I spent an hour + on each one.  I’ll save you a major headache - fuck splitting into groups (the level splits you into two groups - ignore it) . Take the right path up. Much easier than the left and the center (I still can’t believe this path was recommended - it’s the hardest by far). I made some mistakes that I will avoid in my next play through. Oh, the two rear blocks on either side of the final boss is untouchable by surrounding foes. Put your strong character and a beaker on each side. I figured this out when it was too late. 

Sheesh. Those are situations that make me stop playing games usually. Thanks for the tips!

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sheesh. Those are situations that make me stop playing games usually. Thanks for the tips!

Ha I’m probably going to take a break. I truly thought I had it. I just couldn’t get in one final critical hit 

Dmc5 is dope so far. I suck at these games so I picked human difficulty and I think its too easy so far . Only time I think I should have picked a higher difficulty in a game 

The replay in fire emblem is fantastic. I’m able to play with new characters (equally as charming and unique), yet add some of my favorites from my first outing. Plus, I can purchase the skill levels from my previous playthrough (so, Petra will be boss af again) . I can’t wait to get to the point where the whole story changes. I’m curious to see how the other choice plays out. Oh, and #teammercedes this time (though, Petra is awesome). Annette isn’t too shabby either. 

Edited by -GD-

Astral Chain is quite good so far. Amazon shipped early and I've had it since Wednesday. I'm a few hours in, I really like the art direction, the techno music is great, the combat's simple but controlling two characters at once in combat is an interesting twist, and it has that Japanese charm to it. Also when you die, you have batteries that jolt you back to life, so it's looking like it's going to be another trip into Japanese android existentialism, but I'm always fine with that.

This is the first time I've gotten into a game in ages.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1