The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Bootcamp was skippable if that's what you mean. You playing on PC? Do your cutscenes stutter?

Mustve completely missed the prompt to skip it cause it was a pain in the ass. 

Yeah I am. Not really, maybe like a half second stutter when it starts but nothing during the cutscenes.

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

No I'm at the part with the helicopter in act 1

Cool! Act 1 is excellent. Classic Gears with a graphical and action boost.

Curious to hear ppl's thoughts on the story direction it tries to set at the end of Act 1, not something I expected from a Gears game. Wish BC was playing to hear his thoughts :D

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Cool! Act 1 is excellent. Classic Gears with a graphical and action boost.

Curious to hear ppl's thoughts on the story direction it tries to set at the end of Act 1, not something I expected from a Gears game. Wish BC was playing to hear his thoughts :D

Im interested in hearing what you guys think of the open world, because i’ve heard a lot of negative things about it so far.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im interested in hearing what you guys think of the open world, because i’ve heard a lot of negative things about it so far.

So far I am not a fan of the open world sections. Seems like they are going to be broken off into seperate open world maps but they have really taken away from numerous positives that Act 1 had (Act 1 was pure old school Gears). The map is literally empty in between 'locations' where most are little arenas of enemies followed by an upgrade unlock. 

We'll see how the rest of it goes though.

Still a very good game so far.

• Upvote 1

Finished Astral Chain last night and the decision to skip literally every side mission in the last chapter was the best decision I could've made. They do nothing but really weigh the game down. Bad "openworld" content isn't a new concept but there's just too much of it in this game, the only ones I enjoyed are the ones that ended in combat. Overall I still liked the game and recommend more people skip that filler since it's trash. I don't think I'll bother going back to S+ missions like I did w/ DMCV because of how side stuff impacts your overall score.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1

Played through the first 2 hours of Man of Medan. Its no Until Dawn, and it definitely seems lower budget (which makes sense considering that its $30) but its still entertaining.

And while im not noticing many visual improvements from Until Dawn, the characters and environments still look damn good (especially maxed out on PC).

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2

Yup. I’m officially sick of shooters. Gears 5 looks great and plays well..yet..I’m already over it. This is the exact same thing that happened with metro and a few other shooters. It seems like my genre of choice is now RPGs. 

35 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Yup. I’m officially sick of shooters. Gears 5 looks great and plays well..yet..I’m already over it. This is the exact same thing that happened with metro and a few other shooters. It seems like my genre of choice is now RPGs. 

Its too bad you couldn't get into Metro, i think its still my favorite game this year.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Its too bad you couldn't get into Metro, i think its still my favorite game this year.

I don’t know what it is. I seem to lose patience with every shooter. Yet, I’ll put 110 hours into fire emlem (will put 50 more when I do claude’s House)

I just finished Man of Medan, its less than 6 hours long. A few characters died but im not interested enough to replay the game to save them.

Its alright overall, my biggest complaints are that the story is really predictable (you can see the main twist/reveal coming from a mile away) and instead of focusing on building tension it relies way too much on excessive jump scares. What is cool though, is that it seems that every character including the actual 'villains' can live or die based on your choices. So even when you're struggling to protect your characters, at the same time you're making choices that will impact whether or not the assailants also die. Theres gotta be a lot of complexity to the various branching paths if its possible to keep every single person alive (more so than Until Dawn). Im definitely going to look up the best outcomes/endings.

My verdict: 7.5

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I don’t know what it is. I seem to lose patience with every shooter. Yet, I’ll put 110 hours into fire emlem (will put 50 more when I do claude’s House)

Yeah, i actually wish FE had some kind of super easy mode that would let me quickly breeze through the combat encounters. Everything else about the game seems awesome.