The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

Is there a way I can give you my save? I have a new game+ with not just one, but two completions. 

eh, i appreciate the offer but i've accepted that its just a game ill have to skip for now. Theres other stuff to play on switch too, about to start astral chain which should be fun.

Ok so I beat act 2 in gears . This was a long act . As for the hub area , I dont think it really made anything better , but it also didn't make anything worse . It felt different for gears, that's for sure . I can see people liking it a lot , being indifferent to it or not liking it . The skiff thing was fun to drive .

This act was much slower paced which I actually liked . The last boss was trash tho and one other part almost made me break a controller lol . This act kinda gave me a batman vibe .

Act 1- 10

Act 2 -7 

Act 2 without those 2 annoying parts - 9

4 hours ago, John Omaha said:

Been hooked on Fire Emblem for the past 3 weeks or so. It's not perfect, but it does so many things exceptionally well that it might surpass Tactics Ogre LUCT as my favorite SRPG when everything is said and done.

That’s great to hear man. What have been the flaws iyo? Also, which house did you pick?

Just now, -GD- said:

That’s great to hear man. What have been the flaws iyo? Also, which house did you pick?

Golden Deer.

While there are some good maps, a lot of them aren't the most creative compared to previous games. Even though it's optional, the tea time mechanic feels lame and unnecessary. Same goes for fishing.

For something that was advertised like a pretty big deal, the hub is very undercooked and poorly coded. There's no base building element or something tangible that shows your progress throughout the story aside from a few extra shops and rooms opening. There's nothing indicating the passage of seasons despite having a calendar and the narrator describing every month's weather. There isn't even a day/night cycle! This makes the exploration aspect quickly get old and tedious - I've just reached the timeskip and already have very little reason to explore the hub aside from sharing meals and talking to everyone once a month.

From a technical standpoint, there's absolutely no reason for such a small, mostly empty and low detail environment to chug on the Switch hardware or require extensive loading.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Play the  new one . Its 2 dollars lol

I had a month of GP Ultimate (extendable to 3, if you entered payment info) and gave it away to Casual since I had such little interest in it. Alienware was giving away from monthly passes some time back.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I had a month of GP Ultimate (extendable to 3, if you entered payment info) and gave it away to Casual since I had such little interest in it. Alienware was giving away from monthly passes some time back.

There is a bunch of gay indies I figured youd like.

3 hours ago, John Omaha said:

Golden Deer.

While there are some good maps, a lot of them aren't the most creative compared to previous games. Even though it's optional, the tea time mechanic feels lame and unnecessary. Same goes for fishing.

For something that was advertised like a pretty big deal, the hub is very undercooked and poorly coded. There's no base building element or something tangible that shows your progress throughout the story aside from a few extra shops and rooms opening. There's nothing indicating the passage of seasons despite having a calendar and the narrator describing every month's weather. There isn't even a day/night cycle! This makes the exploration aspect quickly get old and tedious - I've just reached the timeskip and already have very little reason to explore the hub aside from sharing meals and talking to everyone once a month.

From a technical standpoint, there's absolutely no reason for such a small, mostly empty and low detail environment to chug on the Switch hardware or require extensive loading.

I haven’t played the older titles, but your points are valid. 

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Astral Chain is a really cool game, theres a lot of story and world building that i wasn't expecting. A lot of it is anime melodrama, but its still entertaining anime melodrama. And im probably in the minority but so far i like the investigation mechanics.

You are in the minority. Because that shut sucks. 

I must say, it's been seen nearly 13 years since I played this game (GoW) and I now recall actually enjoying the hell out of this game. B) 

Anyone remember how long this game is?

45 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I must say, it's been seen nearly 13 years since I played this game (GoW) and I now recall actually enjoying the hell out of this game. B) 

Anyone remember how long this game is?

6 hours 

• Thanks 1

Eh, so I figured my new game + for both playthroughs would stack up for my third one, but that wasn’t the case. Disappointing. Oh well, Claude’s house is apparently the least interesting one, anyhow (edelgard > dimitri>claude, apparently)

2 hours ago, Delita said:

You are in the minority. Because that shut sucks. 

Well i am the type of person who really appreciates it when effort is put into the non-action parts of action games (its why Onimusha is my favorite action series). So far I think the astral plane might end up being my least favorite part of the game, it just seems really repetitive and samey.

Also the missions are long af. took me over 2 and a half hours to finish chapter 3.