The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I heard the Gears remaster on PC is trash. ID like to play it at some point tho. Forgetting the period, Gears 5 kills Gears 1 tho

Yea it was really bad at launch.  Basically the Windows store had a bunch of issues, but those are mostly solved now.

As for performance, it was pretty heavy on requirements and had some frame pacing issues at 30fps.  I think some GPUs at the time were struggling to hit 60fps with it so people wanted to lock it to 30 but then you'd get the frame pacing issues.

It was basically a combination of the Windows Store being garbage at the time, DX12 being completely new at the time, DX12 drivers being early... and UWP not supporting exclusive fullscreen... It all added up to a game that was fine if you could brute force it, but had issues for the majority of people on lesser PCs.

If you have a PC capable enough to hit 60fps, then it's fine.  I should test it now.  They've since fixed most of the issues with the store, and Windows 10 now supports gsync/freesync for UWP apps.

Gears 5 only consists of four acts, with fewer chapters per act overall as well. There are only 15 chapters total this time around. Four in Act One, five in Act Two, four in Act Three, and only two in the finale Act Four.

• Like 1

Act 1 was the best. I think the hub world in act is better than act 2. I agree the story hasn't went anywhere DEEP from act 1. I also don't see Kait being some massive story arc in this game....so far. She is the lead, but she is also just kind of there. 

So far there has been no bodycount I AM WOMAN story to go along with her.

I still am very much enjoying the game. I hated some parts in act 2 but everything else has been great, outside of the PC version eating Vram like Jerry eats DICK

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Act 1 was the best. I think the hub world in act is better than act 2. I agree the story hasn't went anywhere DEEP from act 1. I also don't see Kait being some massive story arc in this game....so far. She is the lead, but she is also just kind of there. 

So far there has been no bodycount I AM WOMAN story to go along with her.

I still am very much enjoying the game. I hated some parts in act 2 but everything else has been great, outside of the PC version eating Vram like Jerry eats DICK

Yeah there definitely is no Women empowering story which is a shame actually because there really doesn't feel like there is anything at all. She's been an incredibly stale and weak lead character so far and the only story element is the whole vision thing which isn't really a character thing. It's actually painfully playing as all these characters then going back to the Hub worlds and having cutscenes with Marcus

Act 2 boss was GGGAAAAYYYY. The fuel run was GGAAAYYYY.

Act 3 Is much better. Still getting random hitches on PC. Too bad ill finish this game before the NV drivers come out :gerstmann:

Im at the end of act 3 right now, so ill prob finish this game tomo. Really like it so far. 7.0? :mickey:

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Eh, so I figured my new game + for both playthroughs would stack up for my third one, but that wasn’t the case. Disappointing. Oh well, Claude’s house is apparently the least interesting one, anyhow (edelgard > dimitri>claude, apparently)

Just make multiple save files.

Edit: nvm, you would've had to do that on your very first playthrough.

Can't comment on the other houses just yet, but I've enjoyed Golden Deer a lot so far. The students develop well during the timeskip and I hear the route is more focused on worldbuilding.

Edited by John Omaha

Finished Gears 5 campaign. 

Before I say anything it needs to be made clear that this is infinitely better than Gears 4 in every single way. Definitely back on the right track but still has it's issues. 

Was not a fan of the open world additions and felt that took away more than they added. Especially since they were really half baked. Basically just linking missions with a driving section from point A to point B and then adding tiny little side content off in between. The side missions are literally 2 that revolve going to 3 locations for minor story beats about ppl in the world or going to do a little arena battle for an upgrade. 

The rpg elements are so light that it is hardly even worth mentioning although Jack was a nice little addition. 

Act 1 is great. Act 2 is ok and Act 3 is a little better than 2. Act 4 is great again but then it ends really anti climatically. 

The story beats brought up in Act 1 and any sense of there being some depth to any plot, character or anything is totally wasted and ignored and that is why this still feels miles behind other giant first party releases. There is just nothing tying the whole package together. Kait is not a great character at all, the plot goes no where and the gameplay feels great but is very samey (mostly defending points while a door or something is being opened and then boss fights at the end of each act).

Overall I'd say its prob an 8-8.5. Given its on GP its most definitely worth playing. Prob like 10-13 hours to 100% the campaign. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, John Omaha said:

Just make multiple save files.

Edit: nvm, you would've had to do that on your very first playthrough.

Can't comment on the other houses just yet, but I've enjoyed Golden Deer a lot so far. The students develop well during the timeskip and I hear the route is more focused on worldbuilding.

The reason why I’m glad I went with the black eagles first is: 

Spoiler

You can pick whether or not you want to side with edelgard, instead of the game doing it for you. The arc is so different from dimitri’s, where you automatically side with rhea. Edelgard’s arc is awesome, but quite challenging. It’s a great contrast to the other ones.