The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I finished Trine 4. Took me nearly 13 hours, which is actually twice as long as it took me to finish 3. its pretty much the ultimate Trine game with the most puzzles, most amount of levels & environments, and most varied puzzle mechanics and features. Because of the way everything is designed you have  more options when it comes to solving the puzzles, and can exploit the physics in fun ways while doing so. I don't even see how they could possibly iterate on these mechanics in Trine 5, this feels like it could and should be the last game in the series. Theres also a surprising amount of story, its typical fairy tale stuff but its nice seeing them animate more creatures and characters than before, which also helps complement the already great visuals. Unfortunately the combat is still the weak point, it doesn't feel good at the first encounter and still didn't feel good during the final boss fight. Theres not a ton of it but its still a chunk of the game that doesn't benefit it in any way.

overall verdict: 8.5/10

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

4-7 seems fair.

For me, ordered and separated by tiers

LttP

OoT

ALBW

Minish Cap

Wind Waker

Ages

Awakening

BotW

TP

Seasons

Didn't realize people like Minish Cap that much. Need to get around to playing it. Wasn't a fan of Phanton Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. BotW really is hit or miss it seems...tiers for me:

LttP

OoT

BotW

MM

TP

LA

ALBW

Zelda II

LoZ

Ages

Seasons

WW

SS

ST

PH

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

minish cap is the best handheld one imo. 

i've actually never played minish cap! hopefully we get some GBA emulation on the switch.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ike said:

TP is top 5 for the boss battles alone. :meh:

I really hope they add some of those items into BOTW2. Imagine the shit you could do with the spinner or a double claw shot in Hyrule Field.

TP does some really great things. It's got some of the better dungeon settings (Snowpeak, Arbiters, etc). If it wasn't for it being such a slow start I'd play it again.

7 minutes ago, Casual said:

TP does some really great things. It's got some of the better dungeon settings (Snowpeak, Arbiters, etc). If it wasn't for it being such a slow start I'd play it again.

that's why i stopped. holy fuck at that long ass beginning.  

My controller broke (a super old [2012] knock-off X360 controller) so gonna need to replace that; until then a bunch of my platform/action games are on hold... :happysad:

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

4-7 seems fair.

For me, ordered and separated by tiers

LttP

OoT

ALBW

Minish Cap

Wind Waker

Ages

Awakening

BotW

TP

Seasons

Fair but damn I honestly didn’t realize so many people were kinda meh on botw. I thought it was incredible 

3 hours ago, Casual said:

I usually have trouble jumping back into the middle of longer games which is why when I stop it means I rarely ever finish.

But I'm already back addicted to Fire Emblem. Think I'm almost at the time skip. 

nice bro! the last third is awesome!