The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Haven’t been gaming much of late except a little Smash here and there and I Beat Sabers is fun to pick up and play. Recently though, I’ve mostly been playing Let’s Go Pikachu with my kids. It’s a great introduction to games and both my 4 year old son and 7 year old daughter fucking love it. It’s honestly quite nostalgic and I really enjoy it as I remember being close to my daughter’s age when Pokemon on Game Boy came out. It just feels great to share a hobby that I love and can bond over it. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Man the sections leading up to and right after the time skip in Fire Emblem were amazing. Think I'm nearing the end now, just over 40 hours in and at the end of Chapter 14. The battles are actually getting tougher now too, been playing on Hard/Classic and haven't lost anyone up to this point but there might be a sacrifice or two before the end. It's so dope how all my students have developed and are now absolute units in their own way. I'm rolling with:

Edelgard - My tank, basically nothing can touch her and she does decent damage.

Felix - Focused him on swords, does massive damage

Bernadetta - Sniper

Petra - Assassin, she's solid with both swords and range at this point

Hubert - Warlock, massive damage and he's pretty tanky for a caster

Lysithea - Glass cannon 

Bernadetta - Made her my dancer so she's mostly utility since I use Dance on mostly every turn, but she's still got some solid damage output if needed

Mercedes and Lindhart on the heals

One thing I'll say is that I've become a lot less interested in the Support scenes as the games gone on. Happens to me with a lot of big games like this...I'll take everything in and play slow for the first bit but once the ends in site I get a little impatient and tend to rush a bit more. 

Leaning towards team blue for my second playthrough. Might wait for all the DLC to be out before I do it though. Also might not do Classic mode this time but we'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Casual said:

Man the sections leading up to and right after the time skip in Fire Emblem were amazing. Think I'm nearing the end now, just over 40 hours in and at the end of Chapter 14. The battles are actually getting tougher now too, been playing on Hard/Classic and haven't lost anyone up to this point but there might be a sacrifice or two before the end. It's so dope how all my students have developed and are now absolute units in their own way. I'm rolling with:

Edelgard - My tank, basically nothing can touch her and she does decent damage.

Felix - Focused him on swords, does massive damage

Bernadetta - Sniper

Petra - Assassin, she's solid with both swords and range at this point

Hubert - Warlock, massive damage and he's pretty tanky for a caster

Lysithea - Glass cannon 

Bernadetta - Made her my dancer so she's mostly utility since I use Dance on mostly every turn, but she's still got some solid damage output if needed

Mercedes and Lindhart on the heals

One thing I'll say is that I've become a lot less interested in the Support scenes as the games gone on. Happens to me with a lot of big games like this...I'll take everything in and play slow for the first bit but once the ends in site I get a little impatient and tend to rush a bit more. 

Leaning towards team blue for my second playthrough. Might wait for all the DLC to be out before I do it though. Also might not do Classic mode this time but we'll see. 

yeah, edelgard, felix and petra were my heavy hitters. i had lindhart as my medic and transporter (his warp skill came in handy towards the end). 

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, but Trine 4's visuals are one of its best aspects so im not sure how the switch version holds up in that regard.

ah true. i'll get it around black friday. it would be nice if i could score both games for cheap. 

Playing Disco Elysium. This game has some really good writing, but its not at all what I expected as Its not really a RPG in the traditional sense. So far most of the game has been me conversing with other characters while unlocking/improving skills that can change your interactions with them. Best way to describe it would be to call it a dialogue simulator with some point and click elements. Its enjoyable enough but i do wish there was more to the gameplay.

Edited by Twinblade

I started playing ass creed black flag because people kept saying how good it is and I kinda like it so far. The environments are amazing even for a 2013 game.

And the story is pretty cool, i like the smug main character. Tbh it's like asscreed with a far cry 3 mod lol the map is huge. I looked it up and it's the same size as odyssey which is the biggest map.

I think I will skip the other ones and play odyssey right after

Started Vampyr. I tried it on xbox but it was clunky junk. Much better on PC and im kinda digging it so far. Its not what I was expecting.

Disco sounds like a game I would hate ughh dialogue sim haha

7 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Started Vampyr. I tried it on xbox but it was clunky junk. Much better on PC and im kinda digging it so far. Its not what I was expecting.

Disco sounds like a game I would hate ughh dialogue sim haha

Vampyr is cool, one of the more underrated and overlooked games of last year imo.

And Disco is definitely a game that won't appeal to everyone. Im 15 hours in and it feels like 90% of my game time has been attributed to reading walls of text and picking different dialogue options. Thankfully the writing and overarching mystery are good enough to make all the reading worth it.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

I'm about 2 hours into outer worlds and it's good so far . I wouldn't say it's great looking tho . Environments look ok but character models are ugly .

I'm probably gonna stick with it on xbox cus 4k but I'll try on PC as well . Seems the decisions you make actually matter so another playthrough will seem pretty different probably 

Played a couple rounds of the Ground War mode in Modern Warfare and im impressed at how similar it is to BF gameplay wise. It gets pretty intense with a bunch of battles happening simultaneously all across the map, and the vehicles feel pretty good. I need to play more but so far I would say IW does large scale battles better than BF does small scale infantry focused gameplay.

Edited by Twinblade

I forgot how bad gaming ADD I get when gaming on PC. So many options, so few clicks away.....

Forza Horizon 4 has been cutting into my Outer Worlds time but god damn is it good. Played the shit outta Forza 2 back on 360...it was the perfect game to just play mindlessly and listen to podcasts too. This seems like it'll fill that hole, haven't played a racer I liked this gen.