The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

No I didn't and no I never will . The GB video was enough for me to know id hate that game. 

Read Dyno's posts before and after playing it. 

Hell even TB....or Hot Sauce, or nearly anyone here. 

If Plagues Tale was a Sony game you also wouldn't have touched it. 

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Read Dyno's posts before and after playing it. 

Hell even TB....or Hot Sauce, or nearly anyone here. 

If Plagues Tale was a Sony game you also wouldn't have touched it. 

Just because I shit on Sony doesn't mean I don't play some of Sonys games. I couldn't care less about platforms. And ill be able to play some more newer Sony games on Pc now. DS will not be one of them. 

Like I care what people "here" think of games. It looks fucking boring as shit. I watched enough reviews to know its not a game for me.

lmao at honestly thinking I wont play games , or would dislike games just because they are on PlayStation. lmao. Like really, lmao. Fuck off :D

Just now, JONBpc said:

Just because I shit on Sony doesn't mean I don't play some of Sonys games. I couldn't care less about platforms. And ill be able to play some more newer Sony games on Pc now. DS will not be one of them. 

Like I care what people "here" think of games. It looks fucking boring as shit. I watched enough reviews to know its not a game for me.

lmao at honestly thinking I wont play games , or would dislike games just because they are on PlayStation. lmao. Like really, lmao. Fuck off :D

Have you played Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, Detroit or Death Stranding?

All GOTY noms or winners. 

I mean it's not really complicated what the link is. 

Like I care what people "here" think of games. 

You literally just thanked TB for his thoughts on Plague Tale and because of that you played a great game......

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Have you played Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, Detroit or Death Stranding?

All GOTY noms or winners. 

I mean it's not really complicated what the link is. 

Like I care what people "here" think of games. 

You literally just thanked TB for his thoughts on Plague Tale and because of that you played a great game......

I played GOW on PC and I might get Detroit on PC. I played some of Horizon and didn't care for it. I didn't play SPiderman, and wont, because I don't like Spiderman. Im not going to play DS, because from what I saw of it looks fucking terrible.

The link is, that you are butthurt because I troll on SW. That's it.

And I ALSO said, which you skipped over, is that TB is one of the only I listen to....because he doesn't act like you do, and most others here.

Edited by JONBpc
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I played GOW on PC and I might get Detroit on PC. I played some of Horizon and didn't care for it. I didn't play SPiderman, and wont, because I don't like Spiderman. Im not going to play DS, because from what I saw of it looks fucking terrible.

The link is, that you are butthurt because I troll on SW. That's it.

And I ALSO said, which you skipped over, is that TB is one of the only I listen to....because he doesn't act like you do, and most others here.

So listen to TB and try Death Stranding :cmpunk1:

@Rambo

I'm done with FF8, I hate how the game tells you go somewhere but doesn't indicate where it is on the map, I roamed around aimlessly for almost a hour trying to find the white ship and Esthar city, until I gave up and looked on the net. (something I couldn't have done back in 1999)

And I died really quickly during a fight in one of Laguna's dream sequence in Esthar, where right away the monsters casted a spell (equivalent to vanish in other FF games) that made one character disappear and then two doom spells that worked one after the other killing my two remaining guys (Kiros, Ward), it happened so quickly in the first three turns that I thought it was one of those fights you couldn't win, but nope, just terrible luck. On top of that I hadn't saved in a long time.

PS button -> FF8 Remastered -> Press start -> delete app. 

Fuck.This.Game. I can't believe I liked it back in the days, I even still own the original. I should throw it in a dumpster fire where it belongs. 

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Rambo

I'm done with FF8, I hate how the game tells you go somewhere but doesn't indicate where it is on the map, I roamed around aimlessly for almost a hour trying to find the white ship and Esthar city, until I gave up and looked on the net. (something I couldn't have done back in 1999)

And I died really quickly during a fight in one of Laguna's dream sequence in Esthar, where right away the monsters casted a spell (equivalent to vanish in other FF games) that made one character disappear and then two doom spells that worked one after the other killing my two remaining guys (Kiros, Ward), it happened so quickly in the first three turns that I thought it was one of those fights you couldn't win, but nope, just terrible luck. On top of that I hadn't saved in a long time.

Fuck.This.Game. I can't believe I liked it back in the days, I even still own the original. I should throw it in a dumpster fire where it belongs. 

The combat and gameplay balancing is soooooooooo bad. Its inconceivable to think that if you decide to grind because you're stuck in an encounter you can unintentionally end up making said encounter harder for yourself. Its unfortunate because everything else is top tier, and stands with the best of FF.

Edited by Twinblade
3 hours ago, JONBpc said:

No, it looks like shit. I have no desire to play that game. Ive never liked Kojima games and this looks to be his worst, most boring one yet.

Remember the long forgotten 'Twinblade curse' that people used to hang over me. It is now officially the Twinblade Blessing, and the first game to be associated with that level of approval is Death Stranding. So now you know its great and worth playing :trump:

Edited by Twinblade
46 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The combat and gameplay balancing is soooooooooo bad. Its inconceivable to think that if you decide to grind because you're stuck in an encounter you can unintentionally end up making said encounter harder for yourself. Its unfortunate because everything else is top tier, and stands with the best of FF.

Junctioning magics, grinding drawing spells, switching spells between characters takes so much time, what a pain in the ass. It's a terrible system.

And I don't agree that everything else is top tier, the characters are awful.

9 minutes ago, -GD- said:

The Touryst owns hard. TB, this is right up your alley. Some fun puzzles. One of the later platforming ones was infuriating, but the rest has been a blast. 

What type of puzzles are they? I briefly looked into the game and still have no idea what the gameplay loop is like.

But ill check it out after i get Darksiders Genesis.

Edited by Twinblade
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What type of puzzles are they? I briefly looked into the game and still have no idea what the gameplay loop is like.

But ill check it out after i get Darksiders Genesis.

It’s like a 5-6 hour hybrid of adventure and platforming, with a mix of fun mini games. You basically explore 6 areas, each with a unique theme, main/side quests. The puzzles range from easy to clever...to a few being frustrating (3 in particular), due to the platforming nature. They aren’t Witness bad, at least. However, the game has way more pros than cons, and it’s fucking gorgeous, with charm to spare. 

16 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s like a 5-6 hour hybrid of adventure and platforming, with a mix of fun mini games. You basically explore 6 areas, each with a unique theme, main/side quests. The puzzles range from easy to clever...to a few being frustrating (3 in particular), due to the platforming nature. They aren’t Witness bad, at least. However, the game has way more pros than cons, and it’s fucking gorgeous, with charm to spare. 

It takes longer for me because I’m a dumby.

16 hours ago, Ramza said:

@Rambo

lol its fine if you can't play the game anymore. I still like it though, last time replayed in 2015. Besides its flaws I love everything about it.

esthar is one of my fav parts, but you get lost in that city a couple times as well not only on the world map. also there is a gf ability to turn off random encounters.

but i remember having trouble finding the city and later the city entrance too, because of all the "streets" leading to the city where you can only go back or forth. lol

Edited by Rambo