The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh yeah. i was so tired too, but i had to see it through. i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

the musical act in the end was perfect, especially since i got so attached to all of the characters. you and @Twinblade were spot on with how great this game is.

The game rivals Phoenix Wright for me in terms of writing and character development.

Spoiler

I honestly got a little choked up when he said the lie that he doesn't want to see her again. :(

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh yeah. i was so tired too, but i had to see it through. i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

the musical act in the end was perfect, especially since i got so attached to all of the characters. you and @Twinblade were spot on with how great this game is.

Yeah i was surprised by how charming and uplifting the ending was, spike chunsoft's games are not known for having happy endings :ben:

• Haha 1
Just now, Ike said:

The game rivals Phoenix Wright for me in terms of writing and character development.

Hide contents

I honestly got a little choked up when he said the lie that he doesn't want to see her again. :(

true true....the OG pw trilogy was pretty amazing (especially 1 and 3). but yeah

Spoiler

i got feels when Mizuki was going through Date's mind. 

13 minutes ago, kaz said:

they do. visual novels as well. non-gaming garbage with clickbait storylines :D :scust2:

non-gaming garbage?  that's valid since the puzzles are pretty spread out (and some require trial and error over skill). however, the story owns hard. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

non-gaming garbage?  that's valid since the puzzles are pretty spread out (and some require trial and error over skill). however, the story owns hard. 

jesus man can you leave me alone, im trying to hate on a genre I've never played before :D (I will try it, but I will start with this time travel steinsgate stuff or whatever idk)

• Haha 1
Just now, kaz said:

jesus man can you leave me alone, im trying to hate on a genre I've never played before :D (I will try it, but I will start with this time travel steinsgate stuff or whatever idk)

steinsgate is pretty awesome. no gameplay of any kind, though. however, the metaphysical aspects of the story are great! 

Edited by -GD-
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

steinsgate is pretty awesome. no gameplay of any kind, though. however, the metaphysical aspects of the story are great! 

I dig the story aspect. I mean I get these games. I never got around to play one and you have to admit they look weird if you have no idea how to even play these games. I think i'm long overdue, i know everyone keeps praising these games for their stories and characters. 

• Like 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah, $13. If you play it in handheld mode then I recommend using some decent headphones as well. The audio design is quite good.

Just read a review. This is perfect! I’m back in the adventure game mode. I’m going through AI withdrawal. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Just read a review. This is perfect! I’m back in the adventure game mode. I’m going through AI withdrawal. 

yeah and this game actually has some clever puzzles too. Theres no way you won't enjoy it, the story is also dark and twisted and its just really well put together.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, -GD- said:

i was very surprised by how well all of the "weird stuff" was explained. 0 loose ends. this may be one of my favorite gaming stories ever. and the inside jokes :D 

oh...

Reveal hidden contents

Thats hard to do. Impressive. I'll check it out.

• Like 1
On 2020-01-09 at 5:32 PM, JONBpc said:

So im about to finish Control, I should have just stopped when the credits started to roll because FUCK this game. This game is BULLSHIT :mad:

It started out pretty fun. Oh this game is weird....all these colors! Cool graphics, fun sound effects, killing enemies is fun. For about 5 hours.

Then its just a repetitive boring SLUG of a game. Sick and tired of seeing the same environments? TOO BAD. Hey, how about we go solve a hotel puzzle 15 TIMES :evil::evil: Do you like offices? Great, cause we have a lot of them !! More hotel rooms !! Go to the Executive area!!

There are like, what 5 enemies? That you fight , OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. This is terrible !! This is NOT FUN ANYMORE. This HISS, they are called the HISS? What in the blue fuck :rofls: And they came from a slide projector or something?? :rofls: As you can see I have NO IDEA what was going on in the story.  Please proceed to the astral plane mission !! Suck a DICK

Can I get a waypoint marker? NO, FUCK YOU , how about...another HOTEL ROOM? Janitors lounge perhaps?? We got those, in LOTS.

The main character is the most boring character I have ever played. She SUCKS. All of the characters were TRASH except her brother ? and the janitor which you saw for like an HOUR MAX. FUCK OFF REMEDY

The sound effect when you throw stuff is PERFECT tho. That is satisfying at least. The combat is pretty good, and it was fun until you just fought the same boring enemies over and over. The weapons are cool. Graphics are decent, but the effects and physics are fucking next level. Its pretty fucking amazing. But fuck everything else about this game, and fuck the Polaris level. Fuck Control/

I was about to buy the game this weekend but I dont know anymore. Once a game turns into repetitive patterns after a while and stop evolving thats usually when I call it quit.