The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Almost 60 hours in Death Stranding and Im only on chapter 8 (Heartman). This game is overstaying its welcome.

Maybe I should just take a break and finish Control before coming back to it.

I'm impressed you made it to 60 hours considering how quick you are to drop a game if you find it lacking. I barely got to 6 hours and that was the most boring and derivative 6 hours of my life.

I don't care what anyone says, the game is awful. I'm aware this is going to upset people but I seriously mean it. I can't believe we waited 6 YEARS for whatever the fuck this sick joke is. The game literally soured my opinion of Hideo. I don't give a fuck about any of his future projects. /endrant

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, Sabo said:

I'm impressed you made it to 60 hours considering how quick you are to drop a game if you find it lacking. I barely got to 6 hours and that was the most boring and derivative 6 hours of my life.

I don't care what anyone says, the game is awful. I'm aware this is going to upset people but I seriously mean it. I can't believe we waited 6 YEARS for whatever the fuck this sick joke is. The game literally soured my opinion of Hideo. I don't give a fuck about any of his future projects. /endrant

eh, it wasn't my cup of tea either. there are some really cool ideas, and i dug the vibe. i just didn't have fun with the 5 or so hours i put into it. 

12 hours ago, Ramza said:

Almost 60 hours in Death Stranding and Im only on chapter 8 (Heartman). This game is overstaying its welcome.

Maybe I should just take a break and finish Control before coming back to it.

Brah, I finished it in 40-45h. Just mainline the story now lol The loop got you hard early on. 

8 hours ago, Sabo said:

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

eh, it wasn't my cup of tea either. there are some really cool ideas, and i dug the vibe. i just didn't have fun with the 5 or so hours i put into it. 

To me it's an absolute game changer in open world design, far more than even BotW was. Every open world game moving forward that doesn't have that feeling of an ever changing, living and breathing world that can be influenced so directly is just going to feel hollow. 

Not to mention that ppl regarding BotW revolutionary for letting you climb anywhere, where that mechanism literally required you to press up and look at a stamina bar, meanwhile this literally has the terrain as the objective, much like SotC. 

Can totally understand how ppl don't like though, but for the ppl it clicked with it was a GOTG contender.

On 2020-02-11 at 1:45 PM, Sabo said:

I think its a great game but also very flawed in some other ways. But I enjoy it a lot, not gonna lie. Its not for everyone tho, I can see why some people wouldnt like it.

19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Brah, I finished it in 40-45h. Just mainline the story now lol The loop got you hard early on. 

It did and I played it entirely offline lmao, maybe that slows down my progress a bit. But I kinda enjoy the fact that everything that is out there was built by me. I got ziplines webs going all over the map. lmao

The gameplay in general is quite slow paced, just doing these totally optional stuff on the side can take dozen of hours of your life for very little. Heres a harmonica and a pair of sunglasses as reward! Here`s another worlthless star to put up on your pants, Sam. Good boy, now move along, you got more shit to deliver. lmao

wow offline. Don't know if I would've liked it as much if it was offline also. I found the fact that you return to the game and see the world change such a huge part of the gameplay. That and getting all the likes that your building provide. 

But yeah all that stuff is optional, it's just for completionists, the main rewards are given the first few levels on each location then the rest is for the plat or wanting to 100% the game. I just did as much as I felt like doing then just did the story missions. Story really made me want to progress the main missions too when I was past chapter 5 or so.

Yeah, boss fights are average.

Just now, kokujin said:

dynacap liked it too. I thought the reception was here it was well received. 

Twinblade, Dyno and myself loved it.

Think Remij liked it but maybe not to the level of twinblade and myself

Ramza clearly likes it (60h in) but went a bit too far into side quests.

GD was meh. Didn't grab him but understands how ppl can like it

Sabo hates it

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Twinblade, Dyno and myself loved it.

Think Remij liked it but maybe not to the level of twinblade and myself

Ramza clearly likes it (60h in) but went a bit too far into side quests and how hates it too.

GD was meh. Didn't grab him but understands how ppl can like it, only played 6 hours. He is being nice.

Sabo hates it. He's not being nice about it.

fixed.  

:ben:

right.  so that's 2 hates, not even 6 hours played, an OP disappointed in this very thread.  Honestly forgot exactly what Remij said.

8 hours ago, kokujin said:

fixed.  

right.  so that's 2 hates, not even 6 hours played, an OP disappointed in this very thread.  Honestly forgot exactly what Remij said.

LOL

To be fair, I am an asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im liking the core gameplay in Control, the combat is solid but the level design is pretty bad and the map is worthless. Backtracking is a real pain in the ass and its made worse by the long loading times when using fast travel. Also the side missions lacks imagination, its just filler.

I get the feeling this game would be way better as a straight up linear shooter and none of this Metroidvania amateur hour progression design. And thats not something I usually says.

On 2020-02-12 at 2:14 PM, Ramza said:

I only have one serious criticism about Death Stranding and that is the boss fights, theyre pretty bad. Compare that to MGS boss fights and its a joke, really. 

Man so many times that game annoyed and I considered dropping it but something about it just kept calling me and I was glad I finished. And the boss fights with cliff I thought were fun. But god damn there’s some shit that made me say why near the end

also from where you’re at at chapter 8 shit goes so much faster now. I thought I was at the halfway point but each chapter goes so much faster and faster. I think from where you’re at till the end I finished the rest in a day or 2

I would say that amount of times they repeated the elevator lift cutscene or those dog tags thing when you reconnect a new network, or delivery of every package was unecessary. You can skip them but god was that annoying 

• Haha 1