The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Bought Division 2 since it was only 3 bucks. Easily the best 3 bucks I've ever spent. Just some quick impressions:

Game isn't that bad TBH. I would've paid 30 for it so getting it for 3 is a crazy good deal.

Cover based shooters are just lame as hell now and this game doesn't change my mind on that, but this is a looter shooter before that. The game does a really good job of feeding you good gear but doesn't get too generous in order to keep you chasing the carrot.

The leveling process in this game has a really nice flow to it, probably one of the most pleasant leveling experiences I've had in years. 

Co-op is great. It's really easy to hop in and out which is a big deal for a game like this.

The main missions so far have had some pretty solid level design. 

The world size feels perfect. Reminds me of Arkham City in the sense that they ignored scale and instead decided to jam pack it full with all kinds of stuff to do. I much prefer this approach, makes the map a lot more entertaining to explore because you're always finding something to do. There's really no lull.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

i played through both of the Metro Exodus DLCs. The Two Colonels is fantastic from a storytelling perspective. The way it sets up the climax of the original game is very cool, and it has some of the best cutscene directing/editing in the series. That said the gameplay is pretty weak and actually kind of non existent. The 2nd DLC (Sam's Story) is more significant from a gameplay perspective and the story (while not amazing) is still fairly entertaining. Overall it was nice being back in this world. A year has passed but this game still has some top notch atmosphere.

Edited by Twinblade

So I finished Control, lmao, I still have a few side missions to clear to gain the platinum but idgaf anymore. The game had a few moments where it shined and I enjoyed it but overall, its misses the mark in every categories, if just barely. I wouldnt recommend the game to anyone.

On 2020-02-16 at 1:54 PM, Twinblade said:

i played through both of the Metro Exodus DLCs. The Two Colonels is fantastic from a storytelling perspective. The way it sets up the climax of the original game is very cool, and it has some of the best cutscene directing/editing in the series. That said the gameplay is pretty weak and actually kind of non existent. The 2nd DLC (Sam's Story) is more significant from a gameplay perspective and the story (while not amazing) is still fairly entertaining. Overall it was nice being back in this world. A year has passed but this game still has some top notch atmosphere.

I should give it another chance. For some reason, it didn’t connect with me (though I dug the first 2).

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I should give it another chance. For some reason, it didn’t connect with me (though I dug the first 2).

To me, the first 2 Metro games always felt like limited versions of the STALKER games which I loved. I couldn't shake the feeling that they were so close yet so far from nailing the vibe that I really liked about STALKER. Then with Exodus, they opened it up and made a post apocalyptic open world that finally evoked that same feeling I used to get when exploring the Chernobyl wasteland.

And the great thing is that it still has a lot of the tightly scripted and linear set pieces/missions that you'd see in the first 2 metros, they just happen to be separated by the open world hub areas. Its a really good blend of both. I honestly did not expect to like the game as much as I did considering how I was sort of lukewarm when it came to 2033 and Last Light.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Lol yeah . Fuck that game 

I liked the ashtray maze level, that one took me by surprise. Wished the whole game was that awesome.

The change in tone, the crazy perspective changing stage, just straight up linear action, and a great song popping out of nowhere. That was the single best thing about the game. 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I remember TB talking about Horace, so started playing it and its hilarious. up to chapter 4 and its pretty good game so far.

Yeah its surprising how ambitious it is, theres still so much stuff you haven't discovered in terms of mechanics and features.

The one negative thing I have to say about the game is that there are A LOT of boss battles and most of them aren't much fun.

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Don't really know what to play atm. Nothing really interesting me and feels like theres nothing out. 

I’m getting watch dogs legion next month. I may get dreams this weekend.

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Don't really know what to play atm. Nothing really interesting me and feels like theres nothing out. 

read a book or two

Been getting into Escape from Tarkov. Game is fantastic, one of the best and most fresh gameplay loops I've encountered recently, not sure how it wasn't on my radar until recently. 

Still doing some WoW Classic. Just raid logging for the most part at the moment. 

7 hours ago, -GD- said:

I’m getting watch dogs legion next month. I may get dreams this weekend.

Yeah things should pick up. Dreams I'm not sure on, not really my type of game. 

5 hours ago, kaz said:

read a book or two

Do that all the time regardless of whether I'm gaming or not. Currently about a third into Oathbringer (Book 3 of The Stormlight Archive)