The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Still playing Division 2 although I'm starting to change my feelings on the game.

Gearing up in this game is so damn tedious....

Finding the specific part and brand you need is a pain in the ass. If you do manage to find it then the chances are high that it's going to have shit rolls and talents. The Recalibration system SHOULD'VE been the solution to this problem but the system is so limited it might as well not even exist. Why am I only allowed to change ONE thing?

You're basically forced to look for the needle in the haystack. 

So. Fucking. Stupid.

55 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Still playing Division 2 although I'm starting to change my feelings on the game.

Finding the specific part and brand you need is a pain in the ass. If you do manage to find it then the chances are high that it's going to have shit rolls and talents. The Recalibration system SHOULD'VE been the solution to this problem but the system is so limited it might as well not even exist. Why am I only allowed to change ONE thing?

So. Fucking. Stupid.

:reg:

56 minutes ago, Sabo said:

So. Fucking. Stupid.

I'm sure you can just pay for those things right? :kaz:

Now that I can finally play MK11, I can appreciate some of the things it does well. The most impressive aspect so far is the presentation, specifically the character models and their facial animations in cutscenes. This is a fighting game, yet they animate more realistically than a lot of story focused games that could benefit from that attention to detail. I have to give netherrealm props for continuing to put so much work into their story modes.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Now that I can finally play MK11, I can appreciate some of the things it does well. The most impressive aspect so far is the presentation, specifically the character models and their facial animations in cutscenes. This is a fighting game, yet they animate more realistically than a lot of story focused games that could benefit from that attention to detail. I have to give netherrealm props for continuing to put so much work into their story modes.

so, worth the $30? 

I think jonb might be right mainly because theres no real competition. That said there is still a lot of fleshing out they could do, because the pacing has been very same-y for the past few games (cutscene > fight > rinse and repeat). I’d like to see them try adding some sort of persistence between fights, like rpg elements or some kind of meta game.

On 2020-02-21 at 11:56 AM, Casual said:

Been getting into Escape from Tarkov. Game is fantastic, one of the best and most fresh gameplay loops I've encountered recently, not sure how it wasn't on my radar until recently. 

Still doing some WoW Classic. Just raid logging for the most part at the moment. 

Is that basically just a battle royale game with a STALKER skin?

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Is that basically just a battle royale game with a STALKER skin?

Nah, that's what I thought for the longest time. It's a persistent shooter with quests that are done in online matches, there's about 12 maps you can queue into with anywhere from 6-15ish other players as well as random CPU enemy spawns. There's no HUD, no map, no radar, etc. It's all hyper realistic...different health pools for different parts of your body...you can have limbs broken, bleed out, etc. You have your character that you outfit with items from your inventory before each match. You have to equip them with everything from guns, attachments, ammo, a vest, body armor, helmets, bandages, painkillers, certain items specific to levels (you may find keys to specific rooms for example, or have a quest item you need to bring in).  Any items that you bring in are lost if you die (and you keep any items you find along the way, assuming you have space for them). You start with minimal gear so a big part of the game is building up an inventory of things to sustain yourself over multiple raids since you're gonna be dying a lot. There's some safety nets in place that prevent you from going completely broke though...you can insure your setup before you spawn in for an amount based on how good the gear is, this lets you get stuff back as long as no one else looted it..so if you're killed by a NPC, or you just have lower level guns that aren't that desirable, you'll get it all back in the mail after 24 hours or so. You also have a small section of your inventory that you keep regardless, so you can put really important items in there, it's small though. There's also what's called a SCAV run...it has a 20 minute cooldown but it spawns you in as a random NPC character with random gear (usually not great) and if you make it out you can transfer it to your own inventory. While you're an NPC the other NPCs will by default not attack you, but if you attack them then they will.

You spawn in a random spot and are given an extract point from a pool of predetermined options for each map (usually you have the choice of 2-4 different extract points). Then you'll have somewhere from like 10-40 minutes. You can do whatever you want during that time as long as you manage to extract before the timer is up, if you die, or don't make it in time you fail and lose your stuff. So you can do quests if you want, or just go for loot, try to get some kills, etc. 

It's a steep learning curve...I'm still looking at a spreadsheet to figure out what guns/ammo types/gear are actually good to be bringing in and what I should just be selling off. Really fun once you get into it though, especially if you dig the realistic stuff. The amount of attachments and modifications you can make to guns is pretty nuts. The sound design is really good too and probably the most important thing to staying alive. 

I can see a bit more of a casual take on it really taking off in the next couple years. 

Pretty good breakdown. 

47 minutes ago, Casual said:

Nah, that's what I thought for the longest time. It's a persistent shooter with quests that are done in online matches, there's about 12 maps you can queue into with anywhere from 6-15ish other players as well as random CPU enemy spawns. There's no HUD, no map, no radar, etc. It's all hyper realistic...different health pools for different parts of your body...you can have limbs broken, bleed out, etc. You have your character that you outfit with items from your inventory before each match. You have to equip them with everything from guns, attachments, ammo, a vest, body armor, helmets, bandages, painkillers, certain items specific to levels (you may find keys to specific rooms for example, or have a quest item you need to bring in).  Any items that you bring in are lost if you die (and you keep any items you find along the way, assuming you have space for them). You start with minimal gear so a big part of the game is building up an inventory of things to sustain yourself over multiple raids since you're gonna be dying a lot. There's some safety nets in place that prevent you from going completely broke though...you can insure your setup before you spawn in for an amount based on how good the gear is, this lets you get stuff back as long as no one else looted it..so if you're killed by a NPC, or you just have lower level guns that aren't that desirable, you'll get it all back in the mail after 24 hours or so. You also have a small section of your inventory that you keep regardless, so you can put really important items in there, it's small though. There's also what's called a SCAV run...it has a 20 minute cooldown but it spawns you in as a random NPC character with random gear (usually not great) and if you make it out you can transfer it to your own inventory. While you're an NPC the other NPCs will by default not attack you, but if you attack them then they will.

You spawn in a random spot and are given an extract point from a pool of predetermined options for each map (usually you have the choice of 2-4 different extract points). Then you'll have somewhere from like 10-40 minutes. You can do whatever you want during that time as long as you manage to extract before the timer is up, if you die, or don't make it in time you fail and lose your stuff. So you can do quests if you want, or just go for loot, try to get some kills, etc. 

It's a steep learning curve...I'm still looking at a spreadsheet to figure out what guns/ammo types/gear are actually good to be bringing in and what I should just be selling off. Really fun once you get into it though, especially if you dig the realistic stuff. The amount of attachments and modifications you can make to guns is pretty nuts. The sound design is really good too and probably the most important thing to staying alive. 

I can see a bit more of a casual take on it really taking off in the next couple years. 

Pretty good breakdown. 

This does look really interesting. Ill definitely check it out once the full game is released.

So got the gear I was looking for but then found out that when Warlords of New York releases there is going to be a huge update to the gear system with it. Everything I got is basically useless so what a giant waste of my fuckin' time.

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

So got the gear I was looking for but then found out that when Warlords of New York releases there is going to be a huge update to the gear system with it. Everything I got is basically useless so what a giant waste of my fuckin' time.

i told you. $3 well spent lmfao :reg: