The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Stop it breh, you're breaking my heart :mjcry:

But the story does ramp up later on and you get more offensive abilities to use in combat, so maybe you'll warm up to it more.

Played a couple more chapters since then and the game has opened up a little more. More options of combat or stealth and a little more puzzley. So definitely improved. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

So i just spent the last few hours playing through one mini-game mode in the first Watch Dogs.

I don't know if this came with the game at launch, or if they slowly added all of this through DLC updates, but there's a shitload of things to do in this game.

This mini-game was called "Alone" and it was a pretty cool change of pace. On one island, its shrouded in blackness and there are creepy robot NPCs that have lights coming out of their head, and its very much like a old school Metal Gear Solid vision cone. And they illuminate an area in front of them. You must avoid them within this city block to get to a "generator" in which you must get close to it in order to disable it, and you free up the region and destroy all the robots patrolling around. And there's like 20 regions.

So its pretty close to the same gameplay rules of MGS VR Missions, but its in an open-world space. So its like a business park area, and there's 3ft barriers, and I'm crouching behind the barriers in cover, and if they come around the corner, I can stealth take them down.

If I'm within their cone vision, I have about a few seconds before they spot me and alert all of them, the way they kill you is with their light, turning red color, and you only have a few seconds to live. You can try and knock them out, or use am EMP gun or regular gun to bust them up, or use an EMP pulse or EMP grenade (if you have any). Or you can just make a mad dash to get to the thing you want to disable. It gets pretty damn hard near the end, because the spaces are just too big, and there's too many of them patrolling.

Since I have a graphics mod, this mode looks very dark, much darker than the vanilla version and harder to see the environment. And the light that the robots give out is quite blinding, and there's alot of moving dynamic shadow. And its a completely empty city, in darkness, with just these creepy robots and it feels very gloomy and oppressive.

This game does a better job than GTA5 with how they handle comedy and NPC talking.  There are certain small quests in which I can hack into somebody's home computer, and look at what is happening inside their house. And it plays some very funny, or very tragic 45 second cutscenes with NPCs.

There's a guy professing his love with a guy on his couch, and he gets friendzone'd. There's a guy browsing for tinder dates on his computer and acting like no girl is good enough for him, and he acknowledges that he's a loser. There's a dead guy laying on the floor as he's getting a voice message from his son saying that they should start catching up more. There's a girl screaming at herself in the next room, saying that she's weak and ugly, and pumping herself up to force herself to vomit.

They were doing alot of things with this game, and it could've given GTA5 a run for its money.

playing soma and what can I say, all the people praising it are right.

3 hours in and i'm glad there wasn't much hide and seek gameplay so far, I died once cause I had no idea where to go. really excited to see how the story unfolds. :interesting:

Spoiler

simon is an idiot sometimes, lemme just unplug your alien robot life support when people tell him to not touch anything and then he's like... "oh no.. not again :mjgrin:"  lmfao

1 hour ago, kaz said:

playing soma and what can I say, all the people praising it are right.

3 hours in and i'm glad there wasn't much hide and seek gameplay so far, I died once cause I had no idea where to go. really excited to see how the story unfolds. :interesting:

Reveal hidden contents

simon is an idiot sometimes, lemme just unplug your alien robot life support when people tell him to not touch anything and then he's like... "oh no.. not again :mjgrin:"  lmfao

Just wait for the ending :smoke:

Finished Doom Eternal. It was fun, but has some issues. The structure and pacing felt off, you kind of just go from mission to mission with little in the way of direction as to what exactly you're supposed to do besides kill as many demons as possible. I know the story isn't the focus but that creates this disjointed feeling that runs through the entire game. And while theres more variety in the environments compared to Doom 2016, some areas look so different stylistically that its almost like you're playing a different game when you load into one. Just not much cohesiveness in the visual design.

The levels themselves are pretty intricate with lots of secrets and I liked the weird platforming segments. The combat was also always entertaining thanks to the weapons and all the alternate mods they have. So yeah, solid game overall but has its rough patches.

Edited by Twinblade
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Doom Eternal. It was fun, but has some issues. The structure and pacing felt off, you kind of just go from mission to mission with little in the way of direction as to what exactly you're supposed to do besides kill as many demons as possible. I know the story isn't the focus but that creates this disjointed feeling that runs through the entire game. And while theres more variety in the environments compared to Doom 2016, some areas look so different stylistically that its almost like you're playing a different game when you load into one. Just not much cohesiveness in the visual design.

The levels themselves are pretty intricate with lots of secrets and I liked the weird platforming segments. The combat was also always entertaining thanks to the weapons and all the alternate mods they have. So yeah, solid game overall but has its rough patches.

what difficulty did you play on?

9 minutes ago, kaz said:

what difficulty did you play on?

Forgot the name but whatever the 2nd one was (presumably normal). It can be a pretty hard game especially if you try to complete all the slayer challenges and gates, so unless you have huge balls im not sure I would recommend going higher than that on a first playthrough.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Forgot the name but whatever the 2nd one was (presumably normal). It can be a pretty hard game especially if you try to complete all the slayer challenges and gates, so unless you have huge balls im not sure I would recommend going higher than that on a first playthrough.

so you played it normal lmfao. why. :mj:

Playing HL:A..  This game is just incredible.  One thing I will say though... if you're edgy or scare moderately easily... you're going to be scared as fuck playing this game.  It gets so dark.. and the sound design is so well done... you can hear headcrabs skittering about, crawling through vents.. you end up getting a flashlight which attaches to your gravity gloves, and at one point you're in some sewers and you can literally only see where you point your flashlight.  

The game already got me good as fuck.  I was in the dark and I could hear a headcrab.. I turned around and right as I pointed my flashlight at it and it leaped right at my face.  Holy fuck :scared: 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

And? You can get cornered and gang raped by demons pretty easily on normal. The game would have been more frustrating then I’d like on hard.

well just say you played on normal :ben:  nothing wrong with that. :D 

I finished Dragon Ball Z Kakarot and currently working towards getting the Platinum in the post game. 

I must say I actually ended up liking it despite lukewarm first impressions. Its not a great game but its the best adaptation of DBZ in a video game form ever made and thats commendable. 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Plague's Tale. Went longer than I expected tbh but the last few chapters were awesome. Visually the game is stunning at times. Definitely change my mind since the start and really like the game now. 8.5/10

Nice. I think my final rating would have been in the 8.8 - 9.0 range. The game's setting, atmosphere, and storytelling really grabbed me. Theres a epic feeling to it that you typically only see in high budget games, even though you can tell it was developed on a shoe string budget. I can't wait to see what this studio does with a bigger budget.

also how well done was

Amicia's character development throughout the game? At the beginning shes an innocent teenager, and she becomes horrified when she kills someone for the first time. But slowly she becomes desensitized to all the death and by the end shes eviscerating her enemies without blinking an eye. Other games have tried this type of storytelling before (the Tomb Raider reboot being the prime example) but I think this game nails that better than most of them.

Edited by Twinblade