The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nice. I think my final rating would have been in the 8.8 - 9.0 range. The game's setting, atmosphere, and storytelling really grabbed me. Theres a epic feeling to it that you typically only see in high budget games, even though you can tell it was developed on a shoe string budget. I can't wait to see what this studio does with a bigger budget.

also how well done was

Reveal hidden contents

Amicia's character development throughout the game? At the beginning shes an innocent teenager, and she becomes horrified when she kills someone for the first time. But slowly she becomes desensitized to all the death and by the end shes eviscerating her enemies without blinking an eye. Other games have tried this type of storytelling before (the Tomb Raider reboot being the prime example) but I think this game nails that better than most of them.

Yeah Amicia's character development was great as was the gameplay development in conjunction to all that. Seems like my early complaints were definitely intentional. Very limited things you can do other than just hide and run early then as Amicia's character grows in terms of versatility so does the gameplay. Loved the change at the end to using the rats. From feeling so powerless early to feeling like a god late on. 

The setting and atmosphere was definitely a highlight also. Especially the last few chapters. Can't really think of any other games with that sort of setting. It really shows how awesome production values can still be on a limited budget if the game is linear. I miss these types of fully linear story games in such a flood of open world games. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

The worm level in ori fucked me up grrr. Guessing I'm on the last level of the game now. Fantastic game and I cant wait to see the end but I can tell the last level is gonna be frustrating 

Well, about time I get into Yakuza 0.

I heard it mentioned all the time, but I've never played the series, nor seen a trailer; but, it was on sale a few weeks ago and i picked it up for like four or five dollars. Seeing as I've got the time, let's delve into this!

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well, about time I get into Yakuza 0.

I heard it mentioned all the time, but I've never played the series, nor seen a trailer; but, it was on sale a few weeks ago and i picked it up for like four or five dollars. Seeing as I've got the time, let's delve into this!

the whole series is trash. SNES grade gameplay lol. I tried yakuza 7 demo the other day. Seriously, dialogue about "hello-work" find jobs bullshit? Ensnaring-ly boring.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

the whole series is trash. SNES grade gameplay lol. I tried yakuza 7 demo the other day. Seriously, dialogue about "hello-work" find jobs bullshit? Ensnaring-ly boring.

Stfu

• Haha 1

DOOM Eternal is badass af. A bit too much platforming for my taste but it plays well with the double jump and double dash so its not a big issue.

Anyway, Im still early, will give more in depth impressions later.

:metal: :metal:

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Stfu

lmfao you dill pill nikkas get so mad when I post.  Kaz been on my cock-juice for over a year now. The Yakuza series sucks and is overrated boring ass trash with dung dill dialogue, and that's coming from a japnophile. Ramza also lives in a shitty apartment burrying closer to hell with his live-in thing.

Just now, kokujin said:

lmfao you dill pill nikkas get so mad when I post.  Kaz been on my cock-juice for over a year now. The Yakuza series sucks and is overrated boring ass trash with dung dill dialogue, and that's coming from a japnophile. Ramza also lives in a shitty apartment burrying closer to hell with his live-in thing.

These low intellect posts has no place itt, keep your trash talk elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

These low intellect posts has no place itt, keep your trash talk elsewhere.

lmfkao suck my cock you jew dirtbag. Maybe then you'll experience what true satisfaction taste like. 

And no, I don't see how game impressions don't belong in a game thread.  / s / 

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

lmfkao suck my cock you jew dirtbag. Maybe then you'll experience what true satisfaction taste like. 

And no, I don't see how game impressions don't belong in a game thread.  / s / 

Thanks for the in depth impressions of a Japanese demo you have played for 12 minutes.

51 minutes ago, Delita said:

A plague Tale is interesting. The story sort of mirrors the current situation in the real world. 

im only up to chapter 5. Can anyone tell me how many chapters their are?

Its kind of sizeable for a linear game nowadays. I think theres 16-17 total IIRC.

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its kind of sizeable for a linear game nowadays. I think theres 16-17 total IIRC.

Well that’s good then. I started it up last night and only played a bit but today I’ve already made it to chapter 8

A plague take was pretty good. Pretty surprised. Better than I expected. I went in knowing nothing.At first it was a solid 7, then halfway it was a 7.5, then the 2nd half and the end I’d give it an 8.5. I finished it in less then 2 days.

That’s a good thing about game pass because I never would have played this but since I could and did, now I’m interested in the sequel. I’ll even buy it if it’s not on game pass

• Like 2

Damn, even by Ubisoft open-game world standards, Watch Dogs1 has too many side missions.

They're called "Fixer Contracts" and its where you accept jobs to take down a convoy of vehicles that drive along a certain path, or tail a car to hack it and then take out the car, or its you getting into a car and drive across the map at checkpoints against a timer, or taking a car and simply escape from cops or other bad guys coming after you, or lastly, go into a gang hideout and finding the boss and beating him up.

Some of these things, if you want to play them stealthily, take a while and they're quite hard. There's just too many of them.

There's like 40 main campaign missions, and then like 80-90 of these side quest, and you need to complete all of them in order to be given a special weapon or skills upgrade.

And then technically I can't 100% the game unless I do variations of these side questions, but online in multiplayer. Now those may actually be more interesting.

I like the 1 v 1 "hacking" thing that can pop into your game while you are in single player mode. If you're just standing around in the city, and not currently in a mission, it will inform you that you have "been hacked" and there's an area in which there is an online player walking around, presumably hiding, and they are in your proximity hacking you. And the circle area starts narrowing down as you frantically try to search who the guy is. They will be hiding.

Its basically hide and go seek. Once you do find them, you have to kill them. And I can do that to others.