The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I had forgot that they released Halo CE for the MCC pack on STEAM; I don't know what it is specifically about this game, but the nostalgia factor for me is sublime! :glad:

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Tales of Vesperia still looks really nice for such an old game. I really should have played this back on 360 in 2008.

ToV is top notch. One of the better JRPGs from that gen. 

3 minutes ago, Casual said:

ToV is top notch. One of the better JRPGs from that gen. 

Im enjoying it a lot so far. The voice acting is pretty good by JRPGs standards but I already knew that with Troy Baker as the lead.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There is really a surprising amount of depth to playing as the character that controls the zombies in RE Resistance. It reminds me a lot of that CSS/HL2 zombie mode way back when those games were big.

zm_panic :glad:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

For people who want to see a time comparison between FFVII Remake and the original. 

Without any spoilers for those who don't know, I'm now up to the church and the official introduction of a major character at about 8-9h in. Honestly can't remember how this scales cause I haven't played the original since back on the psone. 

I also have a sneaky suspicion of what they MIGHT be hinting at story wise and if I'm on the right track....sheesh, there might be some pissed ppl lol But it might be a really smart way for them to shake things up depending on how they go about it.

Still having a blast.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

For people who want to see a time comparison between FFVII Remake and the original. 

Without any spoilers for those who don't know, I'm now up to the church and the official introduction of a major character at about 8-9h in. Honestly can't remember how this scales cause I haven't played the original since back on the psone. 

I also have a sneaky suspicion of what they MIGHT be hinting at story wise and if I'm on the right track....sheesh, there might be some pissed ppl lol But it might be a really smart way for them to shake things up depending on how they go about it.

Still having a blast.

Well at this point it should be obvious that this isn't just a graphical overhaul like REmake was to RE1. Im expecting way more fundamental changes to the story and pacing, as should most people who played the original game. But im sure there will still be a lot of people who will be pissed off at the changes, you can't please everyone afterall.

Edited by Twinblade

Playing The Room VR. Its well made, but the VR aspect is superficial at best. Most of the interactions so far could have been emulated on a phone's touchscreen just like the previous games. That makes it hard to justify the $30 price tag.

Edited by Twinblade
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well at this point it should be obvious that this isn't just a graphical overhaul like REmake was to RE1. Im expecting way more fundamental changes to the story and pacing, as should most people who played the original game. But im sure there will still be a lot of people who will be pissed off at the changes, you can't please everyone afterall.

Yeah this is not like another other Remake I've played. Forget things like REmake and SotC, etc. Much more fleshed out and it's amazing seeing this world so lovingly crafted. I've stopped and just enjoyed my surrounding on numerous occasions. The game is gorgeous. Actually looking forward to see how they might mix things up story wise too, so far it's pretty faithful though. 

The combat engine is the standout though, loving every single battle. 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Lol, thats like 3-4 hours into the game, iirc. 8-9 is what it takes to get out of Midgar I believe. Or something close to that at least.

Thats actually one thing that worries me about the remake. The length is artificially increased, boss fights that took 3-4 minutes drags on forever with long ass life bars. Different battle systems sure, but the pacing slows down as a result.

I dunno, I liked FF7 like it was. Look at me, I havent even played the game nor the demo and Im already bitching. Whatever.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Lol, thats like 3-4 hours into the game, iirc. 8-9 is what it takes to get out of Midgar I believe. Or something close to that at least.

Thats actually one thing that worries me about the remake. The length is artificially increased, boss fights that took 3-4 minutes drags on forever with long ass life bars. Different battle systems sure, but the pacing slows down as a result.

I dunno, I liked FF7 like it was. Look at me, I havent even played the game nor the demo and Im already bitching. Whatever.

I can tell you that the length isn't artificially increased, in fact I'm stunned at the pace of the game. It is constantly moving you forward and progressing the story. It is just more fleshed out. More time is given to certain moments and things like bombing the reactors feel fairly significant both in terms of scale but also length of carrying out the plan. In the 8-9 hours I've played I've only really had 2 boss fights (plus two other really cool 'mini boss' encounters) and they are really good boss fights. They aren't just giant health bars, the pace of the battle and battle system makes them very fun as you can use the systems given to you far more in longer fights (shorter fights are mostly just mashing square as they offer little challenge). I've probably only spent 1h or so on actual side quests and that was only available in one portion of the game so far, other than that it's main quests with continual gorgeous cutscenes yet never outstays it's welcome. Pacing wise this is near perfect so far imo (as long as you aren't looking for some open world rpg).

Go in with an open mind. If you're a fan of FFVII even just seeing the location recreated to this level of detail is amazing.  

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Go in with an open mind. If you're a fan of FFVII even just seeing the location recreated to this level of detail is amazing.  

Yeah thats primarily why im buying it for sure. 

Having  a good time with FFVII Remake.

Didn't play the original past a few hours because it was so damn ugly when I picked it up a few years later so it's all new to me.

Game is absolutely gorgeous and the attention to detail is amazing, even the NPCs have their mouths animated when they randomly talk. Also unlike games like Flop of War and Horizon ZD it runs perfectly quiet on my PS4 Pro without the fans going full speed, Japanese expertise at work :bow: 

Dialogues in the cutscenes are kinda cringey and gay sometimes in typical Japanese weeaboo fashion but that's maybe the tone from the English voice actors that makes it worse.

Tifa's boobs and abs are amazing.

Pacing is good and fast, there's plenty going on with quick changes of scenery and a lot of battles so you're never stuck for too long in the same place. Might be disappointing if you like to explore a lot in JRPGs, there's like 6 side quests in the beginning and there's not much else up to chapter 8 where I'm at atm and where that smelly cow Madmatese is. 

Combat it very fun and blazing fast. Takes a bit getting used to at first since you can control all characters on the fly with the D-pad. 

It's hard to keep up with everything that's going on-screen but it gets very satisfying when you start to link your attacks and abilities together with your party members and keep switching back and forth for massive damage, it's very satisfying when you pull it off.

Only thing that annoys me in the battles is the camera sometimes but mainly the locking target cursor that moves all over the place and switches from enemies and boss appendages as they move around. Maybe there are options to change that I'll have to look for it a bit later when I feel like it.

It's great so far but not always perfect :] 

Edited by bhytre
  • Like 1

Just about done with the DLC for Watch Dogs1, T-bone is a pleasant character and he'll be in the sequel. They stupidly overstuff the DLC with ridiculous filler side missions, especially car driving missions. It reminds me of one of the more maddening, absolutely brutal car driving missions you would experience during the PS2 GTA games, where its borderline unfair.

Really want to talk to someone who is playing it after they maybe played 10h or so. Regarding a story thread.

I don't know ANY spoilers though, didn't even watch the launch trailer cause it apparently had spoilers so only want to ask to someone who has played 10h or so and doesn't know for sure. Let me know once anyone has done that. 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Really want to talk to someone who is playing it after they maybe played 10h or so. Regarding a story thread.

I don't know ANY spoilers though, didn't even watch the launch trailer cause it apparently had spoilers so only want to ask to someone who has played 10h or so and doesn't know for sure. Let me know once anyone has done that. 

I'll have to wait till Friday unfortunately.  But look forward to it :smoke: 

• Like 1

Already 20 hours into persona 5 R. I’m loving every minute of it. I love the new area they added too. There’s so much freedom, in terms of how you can spend your spare time. Also, there are more incentives. 

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Already 20 hours into persona 5 R. I’m loving every minute of it. I love the new area they added too. There’s so much freedom, in terms of how you can spend your spare time. Also, there are more incentives. 

Man when a JRPG hooks you in, it really hooks you lol Love it. Absolutely smashing it. 
Really hope you give FFVII Remake a go after this. Curious to see what you think.