The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

59 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Up to Chapter 5 on Hard Mode now for FFVII Remake. Never gonna finish it on this difficult knowing what’s to come but I’m enjoying it so far.

wondering if I should jump into some other jrpg from this gen on the PS4 that I might’ve missed. Any suggestions? No way I’m doing P5 Royal having finished P5. 

Did you play Judgment or FFXV? Those are the 2 main ones that came to mind.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it's a huge investment. I'd get the Switch version of that one though.

Also, I'd recommend A.I. The Somnium Files if you haven't checked it out. It's from the Daganronpa guys.

soooo good!

6 hours ago, Pureis said:

Just started DQ 11. Loving the art style. Game seems pretty easy so far. Does the difficulty ramp up later in the game? I think I'll go with greatsword rather than sword and shield. 

I didn’t find it got any harder. The music keeps sucking too. 

I stopped like 25 hours in. 

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

Took me 115 hours to plat DQXI and get the real ending. The lesser ending takes like 70 hours though, you could stop there if time is an issue, the post game is kinda filler for hardcore fans. I loved the real boss fight though.

Ni no Kuni 2 is a big flop. It's not the most terrible game or anything but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The city building aspect is boring, the combat is way too easy, and the game is redundant. Even if the visuals are super nice, the music is good and the story is decent, it's still not worth going through its boring gameplay, imo.

115 hours. FMD. Will prob pass on that. 

But yeah I've heard similar things about Ni no Kuni 2. Shame. 

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it's a huge investment. I'd get the Switch version of that one though.

Also, I'd recommend A.I. The Somnium Files if you haven't checked it out. It's from the Daganronpa guys.

SOLD!

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Did you play Judgment or FFXV? Those are the 2 main ones that came to mind.

Played FFXV but not Judgement. 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

115 hours. FMD. Will prob pass on that. 

But yeah I've heard similar things about Ni no Kuni 2. Shame. 

SOLD!

Played FFXV but not Judgement. 

It’s a fantastic story with some great humor and a really great cast of characters. It’s lengthy too. Took me 20+ hours to get every ending and for the credits to roll. It’s weird at first but once it gets going, you won’t want to put it down until you see the end. Probably my favorite in the genre since the Phoenix Wright trilogy. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

It’s a fantastic story with some great humor and a really great cast of characters. It’s lengthy too. Took me 20+ hours to get every ending and for the credits to roll. It’s weird at first but once it gets going, you won’t want to put it down until you see the end. Probably my favorite in the genre since the Phoenix Wright trilogy. 

Danganronpa is one of my fav games of all time so I have no doubt that I will like this. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Danganronpa is one of my fav games of all time so I have no doubt that I will like this. 

The first few hours might be tough to get through, but stick with it. I remember being completely turned off by practically everything about it despite loving Danganronpa and was ready to drop it altogether.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The first few hours might be tough to get through, but stick with it. I remember being completely turned off by practically everything about it despite loving Danganronpa and was ready to drop it altogether.

Thanks for the heads up.

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

btw, this is on Switch right?

Along with PS4 and PC. I will say load times are noticeable on Switch. It doesn’t really matter much for gameplay though and the portability is nice for this kind of game. 

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

Along with PS4 and PC. I will say load times are noticeable on Switch. It doesn’t really matter much for gameplay though and the portability is nice for this kind of game. 

Yeah don't mind load times and I love this genre in a handheld space so will go with that. 

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This!

it ends being truly extraordinary by the end.

21 hours ago, Ike said:

I played it with Japanese audio and English subtitles. The English actors were kind of bad. 

nah, the english VA in this game is ok. 

Edited by kaz