The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Started Ace Combat 7 since it was on GP and a lot of ppl here rave about it. Decent so far. 

Give it some time, the campaign is pretty satisfying and the story is great.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I'm on my third playthrough of RE3 and I'm pretty bored by it already. 

First time was on standard difficulty, then assisted to farm some points for the shop and now I'm on hardcore with tons of cheat items. It's already getting old. 

While I liked the game, it's also definitely one of the weakest entry in the series for quite some time now. RE2 remake and RE7 are way better. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm on my third playthrough of RE3 and I'm pretty bored by it already. 

this made me laugh so hard :D 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Ramza said:

Give it some time, the campaign is pretty satisfying and the story is great.

I bought it on release day and it was great but I fucked up. I put it on hard from the beginning and I made it half way before it got to a point where it was annoying so I restarted it on normal but quickly lost interest trying to replay everything 

26 minutes ago, kaz said:

Me too. I get what he's saying but looking at that statement out of context makes it funny.

It's like "Well, yeah... You're playing it for the third time so of course that will start happening".

I get what he meant but it is funny without the context.

• Haha 1

I finished persona 5 royal and got the best ending (Took 95 hours). Now, that’s an epic conclusion! The last “villain” is easily my favorite in 4/5, because it’s not your typical, cliched foe. The palace is also long, but in a great, dynamic  way. I’d say there’s about 20 hours of new content, a lot of it greatly helped the lore, while tying up some loose ends in the OG version. In regards to mementos, you can easily skip every enemy encounter now and you will still have enough XP to get powerful personas. I only did essential requests (to continue certain social links). 

edit: the 2 new main characters are amazing, especially if you access the new material. 

all in all, this and Witcher 3 are my definitive games of the gen. 

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

@Cookester15 Finally got around to checking out Katana Zero. Pretty good so far, trying to figure out how to best deal with the gun guys cause they fuck me up every time lol.

Just use the roll that makes you dodge any attack. Either that or slash the bullet right back at them but that's a lot harder to time. Game is about constant forward movement imo. 

Up to like Mission12 on AC7. It's awesome but have to admit that failing a mission and replaying like 15-20min is painful af. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@Cookester15 Finally got around to checking out Katana Zero. Pretty good so far, trying to figure out how to best deal with the gun guys cause they fuck me up every time lol.

about time! dodge and slo mo

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

about time! dodge and slo mo

I like the gameplay but theres what feels like wayyyyyy too much excessive storytelling. Im all for a good story but the amount of dialogue can be obnoxious when I just want to slice some bitches.

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

do you like it?

Haven't played too much yet but so far so good! 

50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I like the gameplay but theres what feels like wayyyyyy too much excessive storytelling. Im all for a good story but the amount of dialogue can be obnoxious when I just want to slice some bitches.

Yeah that was my main issue you with it. Really ruins the pacing especially since the gameplay is lightning fast then you stop for 5 min of dialogue in a game where story isn't really that important. 

13 hours ago, -GD- said:

I finished persona 5 royal and got the best ending (Took 95 hours). Now, that’s an epic conclusion! The last “villain” is easily my favorite in 4/5, because it’s not your typical, cliched foe. The palace is also long, but in a great, dynamic  way. I’d say there’s about 20 hours of new content, a lot of it greatly helped the lore, while tying up some loose ends in the OG version. In regards to mementos, you can easily skip every enemy encounter now and you will still have enough XP to get powerful personas. I only did essential requests (to continue certain social links). 

edit: the 2 new main characters are amazing, especially if you access the new material. 

GD bout to make me get P5R..... I think I'll wait till E3 (I know there's not E3, but I assume that there will still be info dumps/only presentations) and if by then there's no word of a Switch version I'll just bite. 

Been really enjoying it but trying to make it last. Just dropped through the Church. 

• Like 1

So I just got back into BOTW after like 2 years. I know many think it’s  overrated and there are some frustrating mechanics but the game still has its charms that make me want to get back into it from time to time. Just cleared the the first divine beast and working on acquiring the master sword. 

18 hours ago, kaz said:

The game last like 3 hours and it has different difficulty levels and post game unlockables. Despite all that, it is getting old. Nothing funny, RE games are known for their replay value.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Casual said:

GD bout to make me get P5R..... I think I'll wait till E3 (I know there's not E3, but I assume that there will still be info dumps/only presentations) and if by then there's no word of a Switch version I'll just bite. 

Been really enjoying it but trying to make it last. Just dropped through the Church. 

i think the problem with my initial playthrough was that i was always fighting everyone in mementos. that probably ate 30 hours. this time, i felt like i only did the things i wanted to do. nothing felt like a drag. as for the ending, it makes the added content from p4g feel so small, in comparison. there are some amazing revelations and one of the best twists in the series. they got me good. so, try to avoid any spoilers. 

18 hours ago, -GD- said:

You should look in FFVII Remake next. It's gorgeous and the presentation is out of this world. Combat system is really fun too since it's a hybrid of the turn based system with a real-time action.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

You should look in FFVII Remake next. It's gorgeous and the presentation is out of this world. Combat system is really fun too since it's a hybrid of the turn based system with a real-time action.

yeah, i think i'm going to cop it. it will be my first ff since the original. 

• Like 1