The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

11 minutes ago, kaz said:

guys watch this shit, i will start playing this game for the first time because of that scene :D  

it's timestamped

best game ever (probably) B)

Its one of the most sexualized game Ive ever played. The sequel is even worst. The blonde girl in the first chapter is captured and forced fucked by an alien and there are lesbians scenes. lmao

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Its one of the most sexualized game Ive ever played. The sequel is even worst. The blonde girl in the first chapter is captured and forced fucked by an alien and there are lesbians scenes. lmao

holy shit that sounds amazing. i can put kingdom god on hold for a few days for these gems B)

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

How is it that I have a hit chance of 60% with a shotgun on a enemy right in front of me, yet i have a 80% chance of hitting his buddy BEHIND and FARTHER away from him? where is the logic in that :| 

Tactics has the 80% chance to hit despite your gun barrel touching the enemy non-sense, but I think it might be rigged in your favour as I've yet to miss one of these. It's also pretty consistent with range being a huge factor in success chance and enemies/friends will act as obstructions if they're in the path. I've taken down two enemies with one shot a couple times. Feels good.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I also love the moments where I move my character to a spot where I should have a clear shot on an enemy, but I can't target them even though the line of sight is there. But then somehow theres times where enemies are behind solid objects like the goddamn FRONT OF A TRUCK but i can shoot right through it and hit them for the full amount of damage.

This is probably the best thing that Tactics does, IMO. You're always shown who you'll be able to target before moving, so you're never surprised by an obstruction blocking line of sight.

The game also gives you a lot of information about why your chance to hit is what it is, so you have an opportunity to react to that and make changes that can improve your chance to hit. Coupled with a lot of guaranteed damage in the form of grenades and melee kills and it's definitely much less egregious with the bullshit.

It's still there, though. I've had back to back 75% chances fail and enemies generally spawn without warning, so if your character is at full health and safe on your turn but off getting loot they can have a grenadier spawn near them and one shot crit them. It's particularly shitty on levels where enemies have increased movement range, though I've only had one of these through act 2 chapter 6.

13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Tactics has the 80% chance to hit despite your gun barrel touching the enemy non-sense, but I think it might be rigged in your favour as I've yet to miss one of these. It's also pretty consistent with range being a huge factor in success chance and enemies/friends will act as obstructions if they're in the path. I've taken down two enemies with one shot a couple times. Feels good.

This is probably the best thing that Tactics does, IMO. You're always shown who you'll be able to target before moving, so you're never surprised by an obstruction blocking line of sight.

The game also gives you a lot of information about why your chance to hit is what it is, so you have an opportunity to react to that and make changes that can improve your chance to hit. Coupled with a lot of guaranteed damage in the form of grenades and melee kills and it's definitely much less egregious with the bullshit.

It's still there, though. I've had back to back 75% chances fail and enemies generally spawn without warning, so if your character is at full health and safe on your turn but off getting loot they can have a grenadier spawn near them and one shot crit them. It's particularly shitty on levels where enemies have increased movement range, though I've only had one of these through act 2 chapter 6.

Thanks for the info, it does sound way more consistent. How much of a focus is there on playing defensively and using moves like over watch? That’s another thing I wanted from Chimera Squad. Because the levels are small and every character/enemy is already visible to one another you’re pretty much always on the offensive, making moves like overwatch essentially useless.

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thanks for the info, it does sound way more consistent. How much of a focus is there on playing defensively and using moves like over watch? That’s another thing I wanted from Chimera Squad. Because the levels are small and every character/enemy is already visible to one another you’re pretty much always on the offensive, making moves like overwatch essentially useless.

The game wants you to be moving a lot of the time, so playing defensively in the sense of sitting in one place and letting enemies come to you isn't something the map objectives will let you do a lot of the time. There's a lot of doing something in a fixed number of turns or enemy reinforcements encouraging you to finish ASAP. There are control point levels where defending a location is the whole mission, though.

Playing defensively in not trading low percentage shots from behind cover with enemies and defending your flank with overwatch instead? Absolutely. I spend a significant chunk of my turns on certain characters without shooting at all and opting for their action points to be spent on overwatch instead. On almost every character on most turn I'll opt to end on overwatch over using the last action point on a shot.

It's really effective in this game with gear/skills that boost overwatch's damage, accuracy, or applying a status effect on being triggered, the ability to interrupt enemies when they get hit by an overwatched character, and enemies that don't settle for a protracted potshot battle and constantly try to flank or maximize the number of your units trapped in their overwatch. It's just rarely worth it to take that 50% chance to hit an enemy behind cover when you can position yourself to deal more damage on the enemy turn and potentially end an enemy character's turn prematurely. It takes some getting use to, but you can bait enemies into your flank and wreck them.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Sabo said:

Lightning Returns combat system is really good.

i a serilsy lloved that game. you can buy a Japanese language pack (used to) for $3.99.  By the time you start hearin' tha Osaka-ben out of some of the cult merchs in the Sand world, you'll be like "dawww."  I played it after 13, and I was like "where the funk was this sorta open world game at???"  Also the  dark morbid majoras mask vibes with the mist and stuff is cool. I liked it much better than FFX-2. Solid game. Short. But solid. You found a gemmy. 

Streets of Rage 4 is awesome.

Gears Tactics is ok but it still has the annoying facets of that genre where you can plan and maneuver accordingly and then it comes down to if your shot will hit or not and unlike what yous were saying, I have missed numerous 70%+ shots and got 'partial shot' for a literal point blank shotgun shot. It's annoying. 

Knack 2 is definitely Knack 2 :biggrin: Wanted a podcast game and I got it

Im throwing in the towel on Chimera Squad. I was in a particularly tough mission that just highlighted all of the BULLSHIT in this game

-Maps littered with explosive or poison barrels that look like set scenery, until they get triggered and your nearby characters are fucked

-Bullshit collision detection. I thought I had the perfect ambush set up when I placed a character in overwatch right next to a door. But of course that happens to be one of the walls that can be shot through, even it literally looks like every other random wall in every other map

-Vague mission objectives and conditions. Why is it that enemy reinforcements show up in some missions but not others? I like to take my time but then before I know it Im getting my ass handed to me be re spawning enemies. Then theres the mission where I had to activate 2 consoles next to each other. I assumed this is like every tv show and movie where they need to be activated at the same time by 2 different characters right? Nope, you can have a single character activate them both. I wasted so many turns before I realized that and of course it led to me failing the mission.

-The meta game features have some cool ideas but also lead to a lot of overly unforgiving bullshit. Im at the toughest mission yet, but my medic was 'scarred' in the last battle so I have no choice but to leave her behind even though she's by far the most useful character. Then theres the economy, you don't earn that many credits so you're encouraged to only buy a few different items and then switch them to different characters. So if a character is injured or is being used to develop an upgrade, you'll obviously want to remove their equipment and give it to the characters heading into battle. This just results in a lot of micro management that feels like filler.

-As already mentioned the hit percentages are all over the place....there is absolutely no consistency to them. So many times i've moved closer to an enemy while equipped with a close range weapon (submachinegun or shotgun) yet somehow the hit percentages go down....just why???

-At least the story must be engaging right? Nope, i literally have no idea whats going on. Theres aliens, and they shoot/blow up/kidnap/steal because i guess they hate society and are butthurt having to live alongside humans? 

-Bugginess that can lead to you failing a mission. This is another 'character positioned by doorway' scenario except this time the enemy actually went through! Exciting isn't it? Only until you realize that overwatch FAILED to trigger and the enemy preceded to kill my character. I tried to give some thought as to why this happened but then I realized that I was too busy clicking the uninstall button on steam :francis:

I don't actually hate the game but the frustrating gameplay issues and design just killed it for me.

Started Gears Tactics,  was getting my ass handed to me in the tutorial chapter :ben: Its actually quite a bit different from Chimera Squad, in fact it reminds me a lot of Jagged Alliance for some reason.

But I can already tell its way more polished and refined despite this being their first attempt at a turn based strategy game. Looking forward to playing more.

25 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I fuckin' hate you, Nomura.

Fuck this Remake.

The worst is yet to come. :cmpunk2:

Tbh, some of the reimagined moments are good, some other not so much. Most of the new stuff is fucking garbo tho. 

It just slows the pacing down to a crawl, feels less exciting to me than the original. 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The worst is yet to come. :cmpunk2:

Tbh, some of the reimagined moments are good, some other not so much. Most of the new stuff is fucking garbo tho. 

It just slows the pacing down to a crawl, feels less exciting to me than the original. 

I'm at the end.

The party is at the end of the bridge standing in front of the glowing energy which I'm assuming is the last fight.

Turned the game off immediately after the big reveal because it pissed me off that much. The biggest load of bullshit I've seen in years.

Fuck this game and fuck Part 2. I'm getting off this shit train right here.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm at the end.

Reveal hidden contents

The party is at the end of the bridge standing in front of the glowing energy which I'm assuming is the last fight.

Turned the game off immediately after the big reveal because it pissed me off that much. The biggest load of bullshit I've seen in years.

Fuck this game and fuck Part 2. I'm getting off this shit train right here.

Indeed.  You must be feeling the exact same way I felt when I played it.

It's bullshit... and it ruined any chance of me really giving a shit about the future parts.  As hyped as I was, and as much of a fan I am of the original... there was no fucking way I'd lie to myself and try to convince myself to like what they've done.

• Thanks 1

I just did the first 'side mission' in Gears Tactics and I can't say im a fan of what they went for with these. The mission itself had a simple 'hold the control points' objective and overall it basically played out like a Gears MP match but with bots. It also bugs me that they would even call it a side mission when it needs to be completed in order for you to move onto the actual story missions. I don't want to sound too pessimistic but I can already tell these exist to pad out the length of the campaign.

• Like 1