The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That game deserved a sequel more than any other GTA esque game

Yeah I heard good things about Sleeping Dogs and for $4.49 it’s a no brainer to pick it up now. Only thing I don’t like is how you have to hold X to sprint. Clicking the left stick to sprint got to be standard for all games by now.

3 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Yeah I heard good things about Sleeping Dogs and for $4.49 it’s a no brainer to pick it up now. Only thing I don’t like is how you have to hold X to sprint. Clicking the left stick to sprint got to be standard for all games by now.

Yeah it shows it age with stuff like that. Well worth the minor annoyance though 

Successful Diablo II weekend. Got my Sorc up through Hell Meph, did some Andy/Meph runs, hit 85 and found Occy, Shako and War Travs. 

Also jumped back into FF7, hadn't played in a couple weeks...did some cross dressing with Cloud, Wall Market is great. 

On 2020-05-10 at 9:02 AM, Pureis said:

Sleeping Dogs is $4.49 on US PSN. Game’s been amazing so far. It’s like GTA with great combat mechanics and an interesting story. 

sleeping dogs was awesome! 

On 2020-05-10 at 1:25 AM, Twinblade said:

Ill need to get that soon. How does the movement work? It looked really smooth in the videos I saw.

Well on PSVR you hold one of the move button to walk, twice to run, and square and o rotate left or right. You can also change directions with hands gesture or head tracking if you wish, but I find its less reliable.

The controls scheme is smart and works well, especially inventory management, takes some time to learn but once you get it its great and functional.

Im also playing Down the Rabbit Hole, its great if you enjoy something like Moss. The visuals and production values really makes it a threat, and the puzzles are pretty decent. I think youd enjoy it, but its short so wait for a sale.

Edited by Ramza
7 hours ago, -GD- said:

sleeping dogs was awesome! 

Game's definitely ahead of it's time. The more I play it, the more I'm impressed.  It's like an awesome open world brawler, combat is so damn satisfying.   It's much more open world than Yakuza ever was. It also gives me a little bit of Shenmue vibes, maybe because of the Hong Kong setting and martial arts, but without the tedious stuff and much bigger of course.  

• Like 2

I finished Gears 4 and played through the first 2 acts of 5. While I considered 4 to be merely decent (probably a 7/10 if I were to rate it overall) 5 is a drastic improvement based on the first couple of hours. And im not just referring to the much sharper and cleaner graphics (this is definitely the xbox one's swan song for the generation, though Im playing it on PC so I might be giving the Xbone too much credit) but even the shooting and combat mechanics just feel tighter. I only played through the first open world-ish environment but it felt perfect size wise, the side stuff was a nice distraction but never dragged on for too long or killed the pacing of the main story. The story itself is also more engaging and the emotional moments have been well done so far.

At this rate this will be my favorite Gears game since the 2nd one. Its not amazing by any means but I still never saw myself enjoying a Gears game on this level again (not including tactics, different genre) so I have to give props to The Coalition for making the series impressive again and pumping more life into it.

i encountered a wayfarer knight on the roads and he wanted to duel me. asked for what are we duelling, so he agreed to give me one piece of armor he can't wear himself if I win and I give him 250 groschen if I lose.

damn that ass was tough, not unlike the faint hearted knight you duel everywhere. so I win the duel and he gives me some body armor and is on his way. Didn't think much of it.

then i look in my inventory and it's a 2,5k groschen worth armor. never ran so fast to a save point in any game. (you can only save when you sleep or a quest updates).

so i jumped on my horse and prayed to god nothing happens until I reach a my bed to save. "my pc likes to mess with me sometimes like: haha, you didn't expect that bluescreen right now, didnt ya :mjpls:

but i made it and now i wear it cause the stats are insane. 

best game ever. progress in this game is sooo satisfying.

6 hours ago, Sabo said:

Yup. Great game, glad more people are giving it a shot.

it seems like this game is universally praised here, even by people who aren't fans of the DQ games. i don't think i have seen a single negative comment.

on a side note, did anyone play the switch version? 

49 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it seems like this game is universally praised here, even by people who aren't fans of the DQ games. i don't think i have seen a single negative comment.

on a side note, did anyone play the switch version? 

Apparently the larger user made levels run really badly on switch, but the core story content is fine

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-why-dragon-quest-builders-2-switch-can-run-so-poorly

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I finished gears 5. Can someone remind me what people’s issues with the game were at release? Was it just the fact that the main playable character is a chick now? Honestly it was a really good game overall.

My main issue was the open world elements were entirely half assed and so half assed that it would've just been better as a linear game. There was no actual enemies in the open world, all of them have you enter a little passage then load up like an arena fight. Travel from point A to B, enter a section attached to the open world (not really part of it) and repeat. Other than that it's just that Gears hasnt evolved enough to be the best cover 3rd person shooter anymore. It's still great. A solid 8/10 for me and MUCH better than Gears 4

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I finished gears 5. Can someone remind me what people’s issues with the game were at release? Was it just the fact that the main playable character is a chick now? Honestly it was a really good game overall.

It was a good game.  I think some valid criticism of the game is that it still leans far too heavily into the typical Gears gameplay loops and doesn't do enough to push the franchise ahead.  Like Mal said, the open world aspect could have been a nice idea if it was implemented better... but they didn't really take advantage of it in the end and it feels like it was just there to separate the levels a bit so they could claim that they were "expanding" the scope of the game or something like that.

An issue I had was "the choice" that you had to make.. as well as other parts of the story.

As far as a Gears game... it's solid though, and well made.  Visuals are REALLY nice... when they are at their best, but some areas lack polish.. especially when poking around in nooks and crannies.

Better than Gears 4 for sure.  But ultimately I think it leaves people wishing they would experiment a little more and change the actual gameplay up.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It was a good game.  I think some valid criticism of the game is that it still leans far too heavily into the typical Gears gameplay loops and doesn't do enough to push the franchise ahead.  Like Mal said, the open world aspect could have been a nice idea if it was implemented better... but they didn't really take advantage of it in the end and it feels like it was just there to separate the levels a bit so they could claim that they were "expanding" the scope of the game or something like that.

An issue I had was "the choice" that you had to make.. as well as other parts of the story.

As far as a Gears game... it's solid though, and well made.  Visuals are REALLY nice... when they are at their best, but some areas lack polish.. especially when poking around in nooks and crannies.

Better than Gears 4 for sure.  But ultimately I think it leaves people wishing they would experiment a little more and change the actual gameplay up.

Yeah, I think the overall reception is also because people remember what the Gears franchise was. This was a gigantic franchise for MS and for gaming overall. Each mainline release was like a pinnacle of graphics at the time and even gameplay in that respective genre. We are talking to the scope of how a God of War or ND release was/is and now Gears has sort of just become some AA solid game. The games are still 'good/great' but they use to be so much more. 

24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

My main issue was the open world elements were entirely half assed and so half assed that it would've just been better as a linear game. There was no actual enemies in the open world, all of them have you enter a little passage then load up like an arena fight. Travel from point A to B, enter a section attached to the open world (not really part of it) and repeat. Other than that it's just that Gears has evolved enough to be the best cover 3rd person shooter anymore. It's still great. A solid 8/10 for me and MUCH better than Gears 4

Yeah thats a valid complaint. I would probably give it a 8.5, but having played Gears 4 right before hand really works in its favor because It lowered my expectations going in.

I think the Act 3 (sandy area) was definitely a bit too open and bloated for its own good but 2 was the right size. I think their issue was also putting those acts one right after the other. Having a purely linear portion between them would have helped it a bit. I was also a bit disappointed that there were only 4 acts overall, while the game is longer overall because of the open world elements the ending did feel a bit abrupt.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yeah im curious about what you guys picked for that choice?

I saved JD so im not sure what happens if you go with Del. I hope its not some bullshit where the outcome is the same and Del dies regardless of who you pick.

And yeah some parts looked fantastic, but I think they blew their load too early with the snow chapter. The weather effects and background scenery were pretty stunning to look at, and I don't think the rest of the game was able to match that part. Still great looking as a whole though.