The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Playing through the original FF VII. I bought it immediately after I finished Remake. Best 7 bucks I've ever spent.

Midgar section is much shorter than I remember, game clock is at 47 minutes and I'm in Wall Market getting a dress for Cloud already. 

Also, did they clean up the translation for this release? The common ones aren't here anymore ("This guy are sick" is now "This guy is sick" was the most recent one I noticed).

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Playing through the original FF VII. I bought it immediately after I finished Remake. Best 7 bucks I've ever spent.

Midgar section is much shorter than I remember, game clock is at 47 minutes and I'm in Wall Market getting a dress for Cloud already. 

Also, did they clean up the translation for this release? The common ones aren't here anymore ("This guy are sick" is now "This guy is sick" was the most recent one I noticed).

Yea, they did some fixing to the more egregious errors.

And yea, Midgar goes by quick.  I recently played it before the Remake was released and even taking my time and talking to multiple NPCs and fighting most fights and got to Shinra HQ within like 3h or so.  It's definitely not as grande of a section as you'd remember from your childhood, that's for sure.

Still shits on the remake though :mj: 

• Upvote 1

Gears Tactics is really starting to lose me. The boss battle im on right now is so unreasonably difficult and unforgiving that Im struggling to find the motivation to continue playing it. its one of the most frustrating difficulty spikes i've seen in a game in recent memory.  What makes it worse is that I know that even if I beat it the 'reward' afterwards is likely going to be a series of filler missions that won't move the story forward in any meaningful way.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Gears Tactics is really starting to lose me. The boss battle im on right now is so unreasonably difficult and unforgiving that Im struggling to find the motivation to continue playing it. its one of the most frustrating difficulty spikes i've seen in a game in recent memory.  What makes it worse is that I know that even if I beat it the 'reward' afterwards is likely going to be a series of filler missions that won't move the story forward in any meaningful way.

I'm impressed you stuck with it this long tbh. I noped out a while ago. It is structured so poorly that I'm absolutely stunned it wasn't picked up in play testing. It is the complete opposite of having a gameplay loop that wants you to keep playing. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Second boss, I assume? I really don't know what they were thinking with how short the damage windows are. A recovery turn after it attacks would go a long way, but moving out of attacks, dealing with adds, and trying to deal damage to the boss in the same turn is just ridiculous. God forbid you can't close an emergence hole in time.

You're definitely right on the "reward" being some filler missions. I stopped playing on act 3 chapter 4 after I saw another set of 3 side missions. It's an 8 chapter act and getting to the halfway point requires playing 8 fucking missions with only 2 of them being story missions. Fuck that.

Edited by Hot Sauce

Finished The Silver case, what a weird ass game as expected from Suda 51 :]

It got more interesting as I progressed but I feel like the first 30% could have been scrapped and it wouldn't have impacted the story at all.

Pretty annoying mechanics and progression in the story too, it goes back and forth from being interesting to boring to annoying but still made me want to finish it.

It started like a 3-4/10 and and got to a 7/10. Can only recommend if you're dying for a new visual novel 

I bought The Room VR: A Dark Matter. I didnt care for it but all the positive impressions got me curious.

Ill give it a shot while the GF is away.

16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I bought The Room VR: A Dark Matter. I didnt care for it but all the positive impressions got me curious.

Ill give it a shot while the GF is away.

I didn't care for it. TBH its probably the weakest 'The Room' game overall.

9 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Second boss, I assume? I really don't know what they were thinking with how short the damage windows are. A recovery turn after it attacks would go a long way, but moving out of attacks, dealing with adds, and trying to deal damage to the boss in the same turn is just ridiculous. God forbid you can't close an emergence hole in time.

You're definitely right on the "reward" being some filler missions. I stopped playing on act 3 chapter 4 after I saw another set of 3 side missions. It's an 8 chapter act and getting to the halfway point requires playing 8 fucking missions with only 2 of them being story missions. Fuck that.

Getting the first health bar is a piece of cake but then I get completely overwhelmed by the locust reinforcements. The boomers are bullet sponges that can attack even when interrupted and because of the limited space I almost always have 2 characters close together so they both get hit. Then theres the shield the boss makes with its legs which is basically indestructible unless you have the boomshot (which requires you to cross to the other side and expose yourself). As if thats not enough then they throw in the mines which makes traversing the cramped and limited space even harder.

I'd rather complete a bunch of bland side missions then continue with this boss if ill be honest. Ill give it a few more attempts before I throw in the towel.

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I'm impressed you stuck with it this long tbh. I noped out a while ago. It is structured so poorly that I'm absolutely stunned it wasn't picked up in play testing. It is the complete opposite of having a gameplay loop that wants you to keep playing. 

I stuck with it because I like the core mechanics even more than XCom. When you get the positioning of your characters just right and watch as your overwatch ambushes and strategies play out perfectly against advancing enemies....it feels awesome. Its unfortunate that it misses the mark in so many other ways.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't care for it. TBH its probably the weakest 'The Room' game overall.

Seems like a pretty standard puzzle game so far, minus some supernatural elements. I feel like VR potential isnt fully tapped here. The game reminded me of Red Matter and how much that game was better, at least from a VR perspective. Statik too.

I cant fault the game so far on anything but it didnt particularly impress either. The visuals are pretty decent, okay atmosphere, solid puzzles. Meh.

15 hours ago, bhytre said:

Turned it off after 20 minutes when I'm asked to find my condo, I'll try again tomorrow was not ready or in the mood for so much weeaboo content :tom:

shiiii you are playing the wrong game if you don't want weeaboo content :D 

• Haha 2

I’m at the part in FF7 where you seemingly can’t turn back. They just told me there’s a bunch of new side quests I can do before I start the last bit. Are these any more worth doing than the rest of them have been? Cause right now I’m thinking about saying fuck it. 

4 minutes ago, Casual said:

I’m at the part in FF7 where you seemingly can’t turn back. They just told me there’s a bunch of new side quests I can do before I start the last bit. Are these any more worth doing than the rest of them have been? Cause right now I’m thinking about saying fuck it. 

They're mostly the same so unless you're interested in the extra bits of lore and world building then you might as well skip them.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They're mostly the same so unless you're interested in the extra bits of lore and world building then you might as well skip them.

Dope. Thanks dude. Just gonna get on with it then.