The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Twinblade said:

You have nobody to blame for yourself :D The game doesn't have anywhere near 100 hours of content, you chose to waste all that time.

I don’t want it to end lol. I ain’t mad I still have a little bit left. May not replay it much tho. May psn another Japanese game. Expensive import but immediate. 

Once I beat it I’ll join the spoiler talk.

I put over 300 hrs into ffxv (worth it).

over 115 hrs into each ff13. Its just how I like to play.

for this one, I’m trying to catch extra items or content, but there’s only mp boxes and the occasional materia I can buy anyway. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just beat FFVII Remake. Skipped the all of the ch14 side missions and played for 7 hours through to the end. I didn’t really mind the ending tbh. I’m excited to play the future installments too. :shrug:

Just finished it too. No clue what to do now. The ending is fine. It tried to make an impact. And you gotta understand Japanese satire.  I think it also does a good job at making you feel overwhelmed. I was waiting very patiently for the characters to badass their way out of every situation. I actually had to go to bed and take a breather and finished in 2 sittings.

parts of said ending chapter(s) was also well topped and didn’t hide behind satire. Movie esque. I think I played way too much middle game. Lol all my materia was maxed out by the time I beat it (minus very useless stuff that now with 3x ap I’ll do. But I had the battle report + all 12 magic materias maxed. Doubles and triples of some) @Twinblade

ill take a multiple hour ending to any rpg. Hell if they did that more than once I would’ve have minded either.  I def put in dozens of hours of useless play, when the game already had cinematic rewards set in place for me. So imo the effort at being a film story telling almost made up for how linear the design of the game truly is.

I do wish part 2 is just open with many missable items paths and bosses, but the public won’t allow that anymore and square knows it. Which imo is why this game was designed the way it is.

wtf should I do post game?

Edited by kokujin
5 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Just finished it too. No clue what to do now. They ending is fine. It tried to make an impact. And you gotta understand Japanese satire.  I think it also does a good job at making you feel overwhelmed. I was waiting very patiently for the characters to badass their way out of every situation. I actually had to go to bed and take a breather and finished in 2 sittings.

parts of said ending chapter(s) was also well topped and didn’t hide behind satire. Movie esque. I think I played way too much middle game. Lol all my materia was maxed out by the time I beat it (minute very useless stuff that now with 3x ap I’ll do. But I had the battle report + all 12 magic materias maxed. Doubles and triples of some) @Twinblade

ill take a multiple hour ending to any rpg. Hell if they did that more than once I would’ve have minded either.  I def put in dozens of hours of useless play, when the game already had cinematic rewards set in place for me. So imo the effort at being a film story telling almost made up for how linear the design of the game truly is.

I do wish part 2 is just open with many missable items paths and bosses, but the public won’t allow that anymore and square knows it. Which imo is why this game was designed the way it is.

wtf should I do post game?

Theres not much to do post game besides complete some extra colisseum/shinra battle simulator battles.

And i don't think SE is that interested in what people think anymore lol. They made some big changes story wise and I expect the 2nd part to diverge even more from the base story, but I also expect it to be a bit more open than part 1.

• dead 1

I’m happy for a story line that divulges or keeps 

aries 

asked for more cutscenes but I just realized I probably played 70 more hours than most people 

id give the title an 8.9

imo combat never expects you to do anything fancy. And there’s truly only 3 areas in the game. Collesium and battle simulators are ass habitats for tough mobs. 

I think half of p2 will still play linear.

The great news is delitas spoiler is up for wraps lmffao.

im a newb played in jap so questions:

obvy spoilers. Pls hide major stuff like deaths and whatnot 

in the original, did sephy poo ask for/ want clouds help saving the pranet? Or was he trying to destroy it?

I thought that was a cool scene and If gaming wasn’t dead, that should be a Witcher 5 moment where you can change the purpose of the next 30 hours. But cloud just says nyah byah.

thats all imma ask. I’ll leave the fanboy fun out for others and myself. 

I like if square is changing the story. I like they still tried to make this feel like a full game, story wise. If they wanted cliffhanger awesome disjointed moments,

**mad spoiler**

Spoiler

The scene right before Barret goes last and alone into the smoke.  Would have made a great STOP point. Rev REv excitebike.

that while highway btw after the yes purposely satire silly over the top cute bike scene, imo was “American take me seriously epic” enough. Dis gooom blends so much eastern and self aware it’s also for a western audience elements. Barretttt is also the best side piece. He is doin great things for black peoples in Japan. He is the Asian Obama. What have you done with your life?

Edited by kokujin
  • Haha 1

No. Sephiroth isn't even revealed in the original until after you leave Midgar. The party doesn't meet him personally until Junon and in that first meeting Sephiroth is very dismissive of the group and basically ignores them.

Best game ever made :bow: 

These people made the game they'd love to play and it shows. The game has it all. :glad:  :bow: 

WARHORSE STUDIOS :lawd: 

14 hours ago, Delita said:

Yeah kokujin just forget my spoilers. This shit is nothing like the og ffvii

:D  worked out. I'm thinking they will

Spoiler

offer the original ending (I still don't want to know or clarify it) for regular play.  Maybe a happier one for a better play. Considering what you did tell me, lol, I want a happier ending.  

without going into too much detail, if someone wants to answer carefully

Spoiler

did they really change that much? A little run in with Jenova and seph waaay earlier than you're supposed to. But outside of jenova, hasn't been confirmed 'dying' or not, not a lot changed??  I don't think in the origianl seph said he also wants to save the planet from disappearing, or asked for cloud's help. But it's clear his own way of doing it is probably chaotic.

i think other than characters showing up earlier for the sake of giving gamers something epic to do,

not a whole lot has changed?  if someone wants to try and tackle that conversation with me, knowing where i'm at, without spoiling too much, perhaps i'll read.  if indeed square is going to offer a completely different story line, i'm okay with that.  if they make one where

*big spoiler*

Spoiler

aries lives. the whole party lives. lol happy ending. then,.. they got balls. why not change a game 20 years later anyways?

for what it's worth, delita's "spoiler" doesn't tell me what happens 99% of the way to it, so there's still a lot of stuff to play and watch. knowing who zach is in relation to cloud, doesn't even spoil much, because from a newbs perspective, it still (gladly) doesn't make a lot of sense. And it will be cool piecing together the pieces (this I don't want explained).  Also Tifa's body and boobs are great.

I beat the bahamut in chadly's simulator at level 42 on HARD MODE.  Megaflare wipes out your entire party. Only way to survive it is with Barret casting manawall/manaward right before the countdown.  If you managed to save carnbuncle summon and he's out, that helps too.

And then SCRAMBLING to all-raise your fallen allies as he continues to 2-3 shot everybody, including likely your healer (barret) who just raised everyone. It takes, about 10+ minutes to raise his stagger bar to break.  For the life of me, I can't gather what attacks to spam with Tifa.  W cloud, I was using buster rush and repeat chain.

And from what I gather, all 3 lvl 2 limits after stagger is only enough to take him to still 5% remaining health, when he's at about 60% by the time I stagger him. After that point I had to pelt him to death.    I bet if I equipped some harder accessories maybe it'll work. Lemme go try that. I will attempt all of hard mode at level 42??  I don't want to be OP anymore. 

I write this because I think I winz the challenge award. I wonder if anyone else is doing this to themselves lol. 

@Ramza  lol bru u missing out on AAAAE gaming : D 

37 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I beat the bahamut in chadly's simulator at level 42 on HARD MODE.  Megaflare wipes out your entire party. Only way to survive it is with Barret casting manawall/manaward right before the countdown.  If you managed to save carnbuncle summon and he's out, that helps too.

And then SCRAMBLING to all-raise your fallen allies as he continues to 2-3 shot everybody, including likely your healer (barret) who just raised everyone. It takes, about 10+ minutes to raise his stagger bar to break.  For the life of me, I can't gather what attacks to spam with Tifa.  W cloud, I was using buster rush and repeat chain.

And from what I gather, all 3 lvl 2 limits after stagger is only enough to take him to still 5% remaining health, when he's at about 60% by the time I stagger him. After that point I had to pelt him to death.    I bet if I equipped some harder accessories maybe it'll work. Lemme go try that. I will attempt all of hard mode at level 42??  I don't want to be OP anymore. 

I write this because I think I winz the challenge award. I wonder if anyone else is doing this to themselves lol. 

@Ramza  lol bru u missing out on AAAAE gaming : D 

:alarm2:

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1
2 hours ago, kazuolicious said:

Best game ever made :bow: 

These people made the game they'd love to play and it shows. The game has it all. :glad:  :bow: 

WARHORSE STUDIOS :lawd: 

Man I wish I had gotten farther in the game :mjgrin: I think I stopped right before shit was about to pop off in the story too.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Man I wish I had gotten farther in the game :mjgrin: I think I stopped right before shit was about to pop off in the story too.

Get back into it? I really love this game. That docu hit the nail when they talked about realism in games and why the usual open world approach nowadays sucks. It's just a map filled with markers and mundane shit to do. 

I wish more game devs would take notice and try to create realistic experiences over being confronted with garbo every step you take. There are lots of people who prefer realism, always talked with maj about it.

I'm not even far in the main story, I think i'm at 50% at best. the world and immersion alone is unmatched. The side quests are absolutely amazing as well. 

Did you spent the night with Father Goodwin drinking? That was the funniest mission in any game ever. It was like an hour long but I kept laughing the whole time. :D  

6 hours ago, kazuolicious said:

Get back into it? I really love this game. That docu hit the nail when they talked about realism in games and why the usual open world approach nowadays sucks. It's just a map filled with markers and mundane shit to do. 

I wish more game devs would take notice and try to create realistic experiences over being confronted with garbo every step you take. There are lots of people who prefer realism, always talked with maj about it.

I'm not even far in the main story, I think i'm at 50% at best. the world and immersion alone is unmatched. The side quests are absolutely amazing as well. 

Did you spent the night with Father Goodwin drinking? That was the funniest mission in any game ever. It was like an hour long but I kept laughing the whole time. :D  

the game looks like ass tho. fighting with sorority paddles and sticks lmao. 

• Geese 1