The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

10 hours ago, Ramza said:

I dont care unless it takes place in a historically accurate setting. Thats what I want from Total War games, nothing else. I probably have 2000 hours in Rome 2 (single player only) and I never even played Attila.

Attila is great, It had the whole family system working well before they put it back into Rome 2. I really liked all the factions, it has a more mediaeval tone to it compared to Rome 2 which was more antiquity of course. 

I really liked the campaign arc of the huns turning up as well. I had a decent Visigoth campaign going, took over Spain (they did IRL) and was fairly strong. My army was balanced with good tier spearmen and archers, I could fight all my neighbours with ease including the Romans who are strong early game. Then the huns showed up and decimated me, just shot me to pieces, couldn’t get near them. Killed my king and his heir after about 40 hours of playtime in one huge battle, which I expected to win. 

Was an awesome campaign.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cell said:

High, level’d up Tyrion on the main campaign. 

:lawd:

He normally just charges at the biggest baddest enemy on the field on kills the fuck out of them. Malekith included.

:bena:

I haven't even played as the new High elves with their units. Too busy smashing things as the Greenskins with their faction overhaul.

But I hear Imrik is the new Tyrion. :reg: 

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Attila is great, It had the whole family system working well before they put it back into Rome 2. I really liked all the factions, it has a more mediaeval tone to it compared to Rome 2 which was more antiquity of course. 

I really liked the campaign arc of the huns turning up as well. I had a decent Visigoth campaign going, took over Spain (they did IRL) and was fairly strong. My army was balanced with good tier spearmen and archers, I could fight all my neighbours with ease including the Romans who are strong early game. Then the huns showed up and decimated me, just shot me to pieces, couldn’t get near them. Killed my king and his heir after about 40 hours of playtime in one huge battle, which I expected to win. 

Was an awesome campaign.

Attila was amazing, my Western Roman empire campaign was very memorable, and I still haven't put more hours into WH2 (1000+) as I have into Attila (1100+)

18 hours ago, kazuolicious said:

It's not underrated at all. :blessed:   

I approved of it back then in early access and it changed my trinity of ownage and upgraded it to my holy quaternity (doto, cs, path of exile, hunt: showdown).

The absolute highest honour but well deserved. :glad: 

Too bad nobody is playing it. :face:

• Ben 1
  • dead 1
2 hours ago, Pat McCrotch said:

Too bad nobody is playing it. :face:

??? everyone is playing it. You mean it needs a doto level playerbase to be a good game? :D 

The game weeded out the noobs right from the start, what's left is only hardcore gamers (and a few nobs and beginners, ok). No wonder Duplo reacted with "dead" that nub. :viktor:

• Ben 1

Can anyone who has played mafia 3 confirm that the gameplay loop for the entire game is just doing the same racket missions over and over again until you unlock the story missions that are actually somewhat interesting? If so then I’m gonna have to drop the game.

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Can anyone who has played mafia 3 confirm that the gameplay loop for the entire game is just doing the same racket missions over and over again until you unlock the story missions that are actually somewhat interesting? If so then I’m gonna have to drop the game.

That’s basically what it is. The dlc expansions fixed this though.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yup that's it. It's why I stopped playing even though I was loving the setting and story. 

• Thanks 1

I still think the gunplay and driving are the best to date for this type of game. It’s only competition is gtav and rdr2, which both have trash gunplay. And then there’s watchdogs which is just average. The cars in mafia 3 also have real weight to them compared to the others

11 minutes ago, Delita said:

I still think the gunplay and driving are the best to date for this type of game. It’s only competition is gtav and rdr2, which both have trash gunplay. And then there’s watchdogs which is just average. The cars in mafia 3 also have real weight to them compared to the others

I've always thought Mafia excelled in it's driving. Even the original (which admittedly hasn't aged well). The cars and how they feel matched the era so well. Heavy and actually chaotic in chases

• Thanks 1

So I went from Mafia 3 to Just Cause 4 and it almost feels like im playing the same game. I can't even distinguish between whats part of the story and whats side content, i've just been going around taking over pieces of the map because I guess thats what the game wants me to do....

The moment to moment gameplay is definitely more fun so far, so It might hold my interest for longer.

Gave Minecraft Dungeons a spin for the lulz. It's a mediocre Diablo game in the Minecraft universe and I don't think anybody expected differently, but whoever came up with having to destroy an item to get the upgrade points back is terrible at their job. :ben:

• Ben 1

I'm glad I did one long playtrough of FF7R 120-125 hours.  Post-game is so unmotivating. Slowly chipping away like 1 battle a day on the simulator. I have 1 more on normal mode. If I truly gave a fuck. I guess I would restart the whole game on Hard mode now and not worry about going every path. I'm lvl 45.  If I just rest eat and maybe do a little workng out today and not game, I have Judge Eyes Yakuza import coming in tomorrow.  That could be fun.  Also black lives matter.  @Saucer :chester:

Tried Valorant. Its ok, but i don't see myself getting into it. What bothers me the most about the game is actually how long the matches are. 13 rounds to win? seriously? Both teams were neck and neck during my first match, and it felt like it was never going to end.

the first 5 minutes of Judge Eyes put me to sleep. Like all yakuza games, it really doesn't understand how to pace itself. I hope I get the nerve n balls to fire it up again some more and get some real time in by the end of this week[end].  Otherwise, getting bad yakuza as always vibes from it. 

9 minutes ago, kokujin said:

the first 5 minutes of Judge Eyes put me to sleep. Like all yakuza games, it really doesn't understand how to pace itself. I hope I get the nerve n balls to fire it up again some more and get some real time in by the end of this week[end].  Otherwise, getting bad yakuza as always vibes from it. 

If you hate yakuza then theres very little chance you'll like Judgement. They both share most of the same DNA.