The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

Picking up Paper Mario and Ghosts of Tsushima on my way home today. :lawd:

My copy of Ghosts of Tsushima is in the mail from Gamefly, so I probably won't receive it until this Monday.

Still have alot I have to do with TLOU2. I am going to have to find the discussion thread for that game because there are things I need to discuss about the opening prologue about the game.

I probably have about 20-25 more hours of playtime ahead of me.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

Yea.  I mean it's fine if you have no other reference point, but after playing the PC version for a while, it's just obvious that it feels better.

The controls were designed to be weighty and somewhat clunky, i don't see how a higher framerate would have much of an impact on that.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The controls were designed to be weighty and somewhat clunky, i don't see how a higher framerate would have much of an impact on that.

You don't understand how higher framerate reduces input lag? :wonder: 

Been playing Paper Mario and quite enjoying it. It’s not hard or anything but it’s still enjoyable with a gorgeous art style and some great writing. Already better than Sticker Star. 

Working on Halo CE,  just got to 343 Guilty Spark.  This game is still so good... but it's definitely true that there's a lot of copy paste environments/corridors..  Things were different back in the day sure, but yea definitely more noticeable these day.  I also really hope they're able to go back and fix the frame interpolation in the cutscenes and some effects.  I know the engine is older, but running at 60fps+ some of the cutscenes look weird with 60fps+ camera movement and 30fps animations.  Halo 3 is much improved in this regard so possibly they've figured out a better solution and hopefully it can be applied to the older Halo's as well.

Gonna slowly be working my way through all the games leading up to Halo Infinite :smoke: 

I just beat the first boss in Paper Mario, that shit was really neat. It was completely different from the standard battles, and reinforces the puzzle-like aspect of the ring mechanics. In fact in general the game feels like more of a puzzle game than a RPG.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just beat the first boss in Paper Mario, that shit was really neat. It was completely different from the standard battles, and reinforces the puzzle-like aspect of the ring mechanics. In fact in general the game feels like more of a puzzle game than a RPG.

Definitely more puzzle than an RPG since there’s no character progression at all from battles which is just a bizarre design choice. I do enjoy it though but don’t understand why there isn’t levels and XP.  

Got dat platinum in Last Of Us 2. It’s crazy how much stuff I missed (when I was doing the plat run). The level design, especially in Ellie’s parts, is excellent. I thought I had uncovered nearly everything. Shit...I somehow overlooked so many little nooks and hidden places. 

3C15EA52-91DF-4CFC-BD8C-514706ABA6DD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ben 1

I got halfway through my platinum speed run and gave up. There’s just too many damn artifacts and trading cards to find. Having to constantly look at a guide every few mins makes the game a chore to play.

Im thinking of picking up TLOU Remastered now though :smoke: 

4 hours ago, Ike said:

Definitely more puzzle than an RPG since there’s no character progression at all from battles which is just a bizarre design choice. I do enjoy it though but don’t understand why there isn’t levels and XP.  

Yeah thats true, but at the same time theres still a decent amount of RPG elements like the collectibles, toads, weapons, accessories, etc. Its not as deep as it could have been but its also not as shallow as people were making it out to be.

I just feel like the game could be a bit faster paced. A sprint button, or even a lower encounter rate would make it flow better.

7 minutes ago, Delita said:

I got halfway through my platinum speed run and gave up. There’s just too many damn artifacts and trading cards to find. Having to constantly look at a guide every few mins makes the game a chore to play.

Im thinking of picking up TLOU Remastered now though :smoke: 

I went backwards and just did the sections from each chapter, where I had missed stuff. Once I got what I needed, I would  go back to the main menu. It took me a good 8 hours to get what I missed with this strategy. The best hidden stuff is definitely in the first half. 

also, working backwards enables you to take pics of the coins/cards/artifacts you may have missed via inventory (from a save near the end). 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah thats true, but at the same time theres still a decent amount of RPG elements like the collectibles, toads, weapons, accessories, etc. Its not as deep as it could have been but its also not as shallow as people were making it out to be.

I just feel like the game could be a bit faster paced. A sprint button, or even a lower encounter rate would make it flow better.

Worth buying? 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I miss the spin button from the original. I’m also starting to avoid general battles in the overworld already. Art style is gorgeous though and I like the writing. 

Finished Halo CE earlier this morning.  I still love it but man it gets to be a slog when your running back through the same 10 exact looking floors and bridges.

Gonna start on Halo 2 a bit and continue Death Stranding later on.

Ghost of Tsushima. Still only a few hours in but really liking it. Doesn't bring anything new to the table but what it does it does very well. Combat is the biggest surprise. Stunned at how good it can be and how bad they made it look in the state of play. The world is beyond gorgeous and the open world design is a lot more BotW/Witcher than Ubisoft. Side quests are great and side characters arguably more interesting than main ones. Sucker Punch did very good. 

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Ghost of Tsushima. Still only a few hours in but really liking it. Doesn't bring anything new to the table but what it does it does very well. Combat is the biggest surprise. Stunned at how good it can be and how bad they made it look in the state of play. The world is beyond gorgeous and the open world design is a lot more BotW/Witcher than Ubisoft. Side quests are great and side characters arguably more interesting than main ones. Sucker Punch did very good. 

Combat is fantastic especially when you upgrading and unlocking more stances and techniques. In terms of open world hack and slash, It sets the new standard as far as combat systems go.