The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 hours ago, Delita said:

Combat is fantastic especially when you upgrading and unlocking more stances and techniques. In terms of open world hack and slash, It sets the new standard as far as combat systems go.

Yeah it really is excellent. Can't imagine going back to Witcher 3 combat after this and I feel even the new AC is gonna feel heavy and slow. The different stances and minimalistic type of combat is so good. Like you'll be fight 5 guys of different types (normal, spear and shield) and when you get more proficient in the system you'll be fluidly changing stances and doing deft dodges and 2 stroke kills and then parries to counter and so on. Where the fuck was any of that being shown prior to release. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, you guys are making me want to play it. I might pick it up after I finish Origami King.

Go in with the right expectations and you'll really enjoy it. 

It's a Sucker Punch game, not a ND or SSM so don't expect genre or generation defining game, just a game that has elements of everything you may have seen before but all executed really well in a gorgeous open world with Sony style cinematic approach to it's open world. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

16 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah it really is excellent. Can't imagine going back to Witcher 3 combat after this and I feel even the new AC is gonna feel heavy and slow. The different stances and minimalistic type of combat is so good. Like you'll be fight 5 guys of different types (normal, spear and shield) and when you get more proficient in the system you'll be fluidly changing stances and doing deft dodges and 2 stroke kills and then parries to counter and so on. Where the fuck was any of that being shown prior to release. 

Go in with the right expectations and you'll really enjoy it. 

It's a Sucker Punch game, not a ND or SSM so don't expect genre or generation defining game, just a game that has elements of everything you may have seen before but all executed really well in a gorgeous open world with Sony style cinematic approach to it's open world. 

so far, every single one of my friends playing it are really enjoying it. i may bite the bullet. though, i want to wait for a buy 2, get 1 deal (want paper mario too) 

Made it through 2 streamers so far in Paper Mario. Definitely seems like the battles are starting to get a little more open with different enemy types, summons, and elemental weapons.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Made it through 2 streamers so far in Paper Mario. Definitely seems like the battles are starting to get a little more open with different enemy types, summons, and elemental weapons.

are the puzzles still fun? 

Just now, -GD- said:

are the puzzles still fun? 

Yeah, especially exploring the overworld and finding out the ways to progress the story. The boss battles have all been unique and varied. The run of the mill battles though are the worst part, but you can avoid them and after a while you start figuring out fast ways to win and get the enemies line up. Charming as hell though with the writing and story and each new world has been awesome.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, especially exploring the overworld and finding out the ways to progress the story. The boss battles have all been unique and varied. The run of the mill battles though are the worst part, but you can avoid them and after a while you start figuring out fast ways to win and get the enemies line up. Charming as hell though with the writing and story and each new world has been awesome.

I wish there was a button to speed through the battle animations. Seems like a no brainer for this type of game.

Have you done shogun studios yet? Thats one of my favorite parts so far.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I wish there was a button to speed through the battle animations. Seems like a no brainer for this type of game.

Have you done shogun studios yet? Thats one of my favorite parts so far.

Yeah, beat the boss last night. Loved that section.

6 hours ago, -GD- said:

so far, every single one of my friends playing it are really enjoying it. i may bite the bullet. though, i want to wait for a buy 2, get 1 deal (want paper mario too) 

There's no way you won't like it, especially since you enjoyed Odyssey. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in to talk about Yakuza Kiwami real quick. This game owns!  Im on the last chapter and about 20 hours into the game. I didnt think the story in this game would hold my interest but it has and its fun to play through. The game is super dated but still holds up quite well . Maybe ill write a review when i finish it.

I should be done with it before Kiwami 2 launches on GamePass at the end of the month. That one seems to fix some of the annoyances that this one has. Like a Dragon is probably my most anticipated XSX game. Next Gen Only on Xbox TCHBR.

See yall later. 

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Just wanted to pop in to talk about Yakuza Kiwami real quick. This game owns!  Im on the last chapter and about 20 hours into the game. I didnt think the story in this game would hold my interest but it has and its fun to play through. The game is super dated but still holds up quite well . Maybe ill write a review when i finish it.

I should be done with it before Kiwami 2 launches on GamePass at the end of the month. That one seems to fix some of the annoyances that this one has. Like a Dragon is probably my most anticipated XSX game. Next Gen Only on Xbox TCHBR.

See yall later. 

Bruh, you need to play 0. I’ve played all of them cept 2 and 5, and 0 is easily the best 1.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Just more Ghost. Taking my time. Really enjoying it. By far Sucker Punch's best work so far. 

I’m on act 2 and I think it might end up being my goty. TLOU2 is my current fav but Ghost may beat it if it continues impressing the way it has.