The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

5 hours ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it's a shame the battle system had to be the worst part. If they could've gotten that part right, this really could've been right up there with the 2 OGs.

Also, how does this game have more puzzles and dungeons than BOTW? :kaz:

:lul: that actually might be true. The puzzles aren't hard but they're clever and fun to solve.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

:lul: that actually might be true. The puzzles aren't hard but they're clever and fun to solve.

I just beat the 3rd streamer last night. I'm gonna miss the car and the option to speed through enemies in the overworld. :mjcry:

41 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Just finished Halo 3.  Gonna hop into Death Stranding for a bit and do some work lol :smoke: 

Lol you’ll definitely be doing work in death stranding lol. Job simulator :disco:  but it does look purty on pc

19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Played quite a bit more of Ghost last night, I'm liking it but it is just a really good 8.0 imo. Good production values, world is stunning, combat is very fun but it has felt a little samey since I was focusing a lot on side elements. 

Between this and gd’s impressions I’m starting to think ya’ll overrated this game :mjpls:

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Between this and gd’s impressions I’m starting to think ya’ll overrated this game :mjpls:

It’s the same issue I had with other well-liked games: nice production values, great controls (except camera), and a concept I should love. However, it just didn’t click with me. I’ve been like that with quite a few high-rated games, though (metro exodus, death stranding, luigi’s mansion, etc.) I have come to the conclusion that I’m too picky. Not in a snobby way. But in a way that I have to connect with the world and/or characters, even at the expense of gameplay. Technically, Ghost of Sashimi has significantly better combat than AC Odyssey, but AC’s world is full of depth. I kept wanting to see the next area. I didn’t feel that way with Ghost. 

Finished origami king. The core combat does drag it down, especially in the areas where it feels like you’re constantly getting into combat encounters. At first it seems really cool mechanically but then you realize that it’s really just a spin on the typical match 3 gameplay that you’d find in dozens of mobile games. There’s actually a few sections where it puts you in ‘real time’ combat scenarios where you dodge enemies and attack them manually, and I found those to be more fun than the regular combat encounters. If they had more of those and less of the turn based battles, the moment to moment gameplay would have been more enjoyable. 

Everything else about the game is top notch though. The writing is on point, and there’s so many quirky characters and moments that had me chuckling. They definitely nailed that aspect of it, and like Ike already alluded to there’s quite a few Zelda inspired sections where it turns into a puzzle/adventure game so that was a pleasant surprise. Visually the game also looks pretty sharp, and there’s some cool visual effects near the end where they go all in on the origami folding animations.  

My overall rating: 8.0 

8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Who's overrating it?

Got a 7 at GS, 83 meta and ppl mixed here. 

'might end up being my goty'

'sucker punch's best work'

'blown away by the open world'

just a few of the excerpts from the last 2 pages. Not my fault you guys like to exaggerate when it comes to these types of games :trump2:

37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

'might end up being my goty'

'sucker punch's best work'

'blown away by the open world'

just a few of the excerpts from the last 2 pages. Not my fault you guys like to exaggerate when it comes to these types of games :trump2:

It is Sucker Punch’s best work....by far.

I am blown away by the open world, played prob near 15+hours now and still constantly stopping In the open world cause of how jaw dropping it is.

the fact I also am stating the issues it has is exactly why it isn’t being overrated. Apparently mentioning the issues also is exaggerating it ... 

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It is Sucker Punch’s best work....by far.

I am blown away by the open world, played prob near 15+hours now and still constantly stopping In the open world cause of how jaw dropping it is.

the fact I also am stating the issues it has is exactly why it isn’t being overrated. Apparently mentioning the issues also is exaggerating it ... 

I was just hoping it would be like Death Stranding, where it starts off promising but then actually realizes that potential the further you get.  Most open world games are the opposite though, once the novelty of the world wears off you realize that the gameplay loop leaves a lot to be desired and spending time in that environment becomes less interesting. That seems to be the category Ghost fits into.

Also, its user score is currently 9.3 on MC, which definitely seems exaggerated.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was just hoping it would be like Death Stranding, where it starts off promising but then actually realizes that potential the further you get.  Most open world games are the opposite though, once the novelty of the world wears off you realize that the gameplay loop leaves a lot to be desired and spending time in that environment becomes less interesting. That seems to be the category Ghosts fits into.

Also, its user score is currently 9.3 on MC, which definitely seems exaggerated.

To be fair, the combat is really good. You can unlock some killer combos. 

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was just hoping it would be like Death Stranding, where it starts off promising but then actually realizes that potential the further you get.  Most open world games are the opposite though, once the novelty of the world wears off you realize that the gameplay loop leaves a lot to be desired and spending time in that environment becomes less interesting. That seems to be the category Ghost fits into.

As I was saying for ages before coming out, this is Sucker Punch. They never make 90+ or generation defining games. They make very solid 8 type games. This one is by far their most polish, largest and best one yet but still not one that is breaking any new boundaries.

It does however do things as good if not better than anyone else.
If you play long enough to unlock all the stances then it imo has the best combat in any open world game ever. 

It is arguably up there with the best looking open world game ever.

It also has some superb quality of life stuff, like insanely fast loading, great controls, great way it gives information and unlocks content in an open world (no Ubi towers or reaching a town with a million ?s).

But it has some issues too. Camera can be wonky especially till you get use to of no lock and you controlling camera as part of combat sometimes. The story (so far anyway) ain’t anything special. Jin is pretty boring. Animations are not TLOU2 level and it has some of the open world gripes of repetition in side stuff (not quests, they are actually good).

Go in with the proper expectations and you’ll be surprised. Go in expecting a GotG contender like GoW, DS or TLoU2 and you’ll be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I was actually in the mood to play ghost this morning. I’m liking it more now. 

Sometimes you just have to be in a certain mood to play/enjoy things.  I definitely feel you on that.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Sometimes you just have to be in a certain mood to play/enjoy things.  I definitely feel you on that.

Yup! I think it’s also because I decided to just focus only on the campaign.