The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

16 minutes ago, -GD- said:

@Delita I just climbed along one of the coasts, on my way to get the 

Reveal hidden contents

Fire arrow 

I found a shrine and all kinds of secret paths. Lots of exploration. 

There’s really some amazing sights and locations to see if you go out exploring and there’s always something to find. 

I’m on the 3rd act now and the end of act 2-beginning of act 3 was fantastic. The new scenary in act 3 :whew:

The ending of each act feels like the grand finale.

ps (end of act 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

Ryuzo is a douche

• Haha 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Game is ok judging by the first 1-2 hours, but i don't find any aspect of it to be that impressive. The combat is simple so far but it seems like it does eventually open up so I can't fully judge it yet. The visuals are probably the biggest let down though. The character models look straight out of last gen, and the environments are filled with lots of smoke & mirror effects. The hazy lighting & fog can be atmospheric at times but often feels overused, especially when its so bright you can't see 20 feet in front of you. The glossy shading on everything is also excessive but I feel like its deliberate as it helps hide the surprisingly simplistic dirt/ground textures.

17 minutes ago, Delita said:

There’s really some amazing sights and locations to see if you go out exploring and there’s always something to find. 

I’m on the 3rd act now and the end of act 2-beginning of act 3 was fantastic. The new scenary in act 3 :whew:

The ending of each act feels like the grand finale.

ps (end of act 1 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Ryuzo is a douche

Indeed lol

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Game is ok judging by the first 1-2 hours, but i don't find any aspect of it to be that impressive. The combat is simple so far but it seems like it does eventually open up so I can't fully judge it yet. The visuals are probably the biggest let down though. The character models look straight out of last gen, and the environments are filled with lots of smoke & mirror effects. The hazy lighting & fog can be atmospheric at times but often feels overused, especially when its so bright you can't see 20 feet in front of you. The glossy shading on everything is also excessive but I feel like its deliberate as it helps hide the surprisingly simplistic dirt/ground textures.

Oh no doubt. The visuals are a mixed bag, especially after playing death stranding or TLOU 2. Also, the story and gameplay are very “basic”. I didn’t get into the game until I got the 

Spoiler

Grappling hook 

59 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Oh no doubt. The visuals are a mixed bag, especially after playing death stranding or TLOU 2. Also, the story and gameplay are very “basic”. I didn’t get into the game until I got the 

Reveal hidden contents

Grappling hook 

Ghost of Tsushima looks pleasant in motion, because they focused on lots of movement and a visually pleasing color palette... but yea, if you look closely at anything, it really breaks down.  Textures are low res, some models are really low poly and not that detailed.

But the game has some great animations at times.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Ghost of Tsushima looks pleasant in motion, because they focused on lots of movement and a visually pleasing color palette... but yea, if you look closely at anything, it really breaks down.  Textures are low res, some models are really low poly and not that detailed.

But the game has some great animations at times.

The more advanced attacks have pretty sweet animations. However, the platforming and basic movements look janky af. Agreed about the textures/models. The game looks its best when it’s raining, yet there’s light peeking through the clouds, and you are on horseback, just riding along a foliage-dense area. It’s stunning, actually. 

It’s strange that the tech isn’t stronger, considering how amazing infamous 2 looked on ps3 (comparable to UC 2, but open). 

still, I’m vibing with the, overall, art design....even if it looks dipped in Vaseline at times lol. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Holy fuck. That IQ is incredible!

Yea.  It looks insane on a 4K monitor.  I run the game at 5120x2880 with DLSS2.0, and have 21:9 selected in the settings menu.  Then I took the image and just cropped it so the black bars weren't there.

This game would look so nice on a true ultrawide monitor.  I wish I had one.

Edited by HALOmij
44 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Onto Act 2 of Ghost and I've cleared out the entire first island. 

Had such an epic fight against 20-30 enemies in a fort. Using a wider range of items now too. Man the combat really shines in those moments. 

Was it 

Spoiler

That epic battle, where you have to protect that fort (involves disabling 2 Large weapons)? And the ghost stance?

If so, man...that was epic! Just finished that area.

36 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Was it 

Hide contents

That epic battle, where you have to protect that fort (involves disabling 2 Large weapons)? And the ghost stance?

The music especially really adds to the entire section. And That was a pretty awesome surprise because I don’t think they ever showed that thing in any of the pre release footage.

Edited by Delita
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Was it 

Hide contents

Yeah man! The game really is getting better and better. I had a slow period cause I was too focused on clearing the map.

Also had another section where it was just a huge fort in the open world that I had to liberate that just had a shit tonne of enemies. All types too, Shield, Brutes, Spear, the fire sword guys, the fire arrow guys, the guys that throw the bombs... so damn good. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah man! The game really is getting better and better. I had a slow period cause I was too focused on clearing the map.

Also had another section where it was just a huge fort in the open world that I had to liberate that just had a shit tonne of enemies. All types too, Shield, Brutes, Spear, the fire sword guys, the fire arrow guys, the guys that throw the bombs... so damn good. 

Yeah bro...wow! 

Anyone try out the the new Lethal difficulty on Ghost of Tsushima? I’m kinda liking it more than hard. Enemies are more aggressive, parry windows are tighter, and enemies, as well as you, do more damage.

Its impressive how not only did Sucker Punch do extensive research on Japanese history, samurai movies in terms of setting/narrative, they also modeled the combat/difficulty settings after Japanese character action games rather than western hack and slashers. There’s seriously no doubt they had Nioh, Gaiden, Sekiro and Souls as inspiration when designing combat in this game