The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I've never seen ya'll praise a game so much and then at the end just be like 'ya its about a 7 overall' :ben: 

A 7.75 is a very good score. I gave TLOU 2 a 9, because it’s a near perfect game for its genre (pacing/jarring plot issues brought it down from a 10).  

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Delita said:

This is the most bipolar I’ve ever seen you with a game before :ben: 

The main side missions are great. However, the smaller ones require hunting down a mofo, and then saving/killing them. 

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

A 7.75 is a very good score. I gave TLOU 2 a 9, because it’s a near perfect game for its genre (pacing/jarring plot issues brought it down from a 10).  

It's an 8 for me so far and I think Im prob half way in. We both have things we absolutely love but also can see it's faults and shortcomings. Don't see why anything in that region is considered bad. I think some of my fav games ever are probably '8s' 

I've never seen ya'll praise a game so much and then at the end just be like 'ya its about a 7 overall' :ben: 

I never said a 7 :ben: 

just that he’s right about a lot of critiques. I’d personally say an 8.5 but I haven’t finished it yet

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's an 8 for me so far and I think Im prob half way in. We both have things we absolutely love but also can see it's faults and shortcomings. Don't see why anything in that region is considered bad. I think some of my fav games ever are probably '8s' 

Same here. 

40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ya’ll were straight up using GOTY calibur talk when discussing the game which is why I fell for the hype and bought it :ben: 

Only I said that, and it’s the funnest game I played this year :denzel:

Ya’ll were straight up using GOTY calibur talk when discussing the game which is why I fell for the hype and bought it :ben: 

Ha I never said that :D it has some of the most badass moments of 2020, but it’s not a goty-caliber game. I have been pretty vocal about both its pros/cons throughout my playthrough. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Ha I never said that :D it has some of the most badass moments of 2020, but it’s not a goty-caliber game. I have been pretty vocal about both its pros/cons throughout my playthrough. 

womanyellingcat_tb_GD.png.5111371747c218357b523a7f8f47f4ae.png

• Haha 2
  • aitch 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Find a single post that said GOTY from GD or I.

I was saying expectation of 8 from even before it came out. It's a Sucker Punch game. And an 8 is exactly what it is. 

5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Find a single post that said GOTY from GD or I.

I was saying expectation of 8 from even before it came out. It's a Sucker Punch game. And an 8 is exactly what it is. 

I never said you guys called it GOTY. But when you preemptively shower a game with a ton of praise it’s normal for people to assume it might be in that same league.

You guys are seriously weird :ben: 

Got is a game that follows a very familiar template used by most modern open world games. But unlike other open world games it’s the most fun to play to me because the combat system is modeled closely after character action games, and it does it very well. Not perfect, though. But it’s something people  have always wanted especially people like me who’s a massive fan of character action games . Majority of people outside of this thread agree on this point. 

Games like Spider-Man and Batman are really fun but they’re ultimately button mashers. GTAV, RDR2 and the Witcher 3 gameplay = lol. Great everything except for combat. I really don’t care if the mission design or story is great if actually playing it sucks. Watch dogs 2 was pretty good but it’s a pretty basic modern 3rd person shooter through and through.

Writing is pretty dry, plot is pretty straightforward, with Just enough twists and set pieces to keep you interested.

there’s a lot to critique with got, but it gets the fundamental aspect most games of this type fail miserably at, the combat. Which is so far ahead of any other game of this type it’s pretty ridiculous. Unless there’s a gane I’m missing in which case I’m all ears. Also if you’re not playing it in Hard or Lethal, you’re missing a lot of the intensity the combat actually provides 

30 minutes ago, Delita said:

You guys are seriously weird :ben: 

Got is a game that follows a very familiar template used by most modern open world games. But unlike other open world games it’s the most fun to play to me because the combat system is modeled closely after character action games, and it does it very well. Not perfect, though. But it’s something people  have always wanted especially people like me who’s a massive fan of character action games . Majority of people outside of this thread agree on this point. 

Games like Spider-Man and Batman are really fun but they’re ultimately button mashers. GTAV, RDR2 and the Witcher 3 gameplay = lol. Great everything except for combat. I really don’t care if the mission design or story is great if actually playing it sucks. Watch dogs 2 was pretty good but it’s a pretty basic modern 3rd person shooter through and through.

Writing is pretty dry, plot is pretty straightforward, with Just enough twists and set pieces to keep you interested.

there’s a lot to critique with got, but it gets the fundamental aspect most games of this type fail miserably at, the combat. Which is so far ahead of any other game of this type it’s pretty ridiculous. Unless there’s a gane I’m missing in which case I’m all ears. Also if you’re not playing it in Hard or Lethal, you’re missing a lot of the intensity the combat actually provides 

Yeah GOT probably has the best combat in an open world game. Switching between stances is a really good way to ensure that combat doesn't get old. Didn't really care much for the story although there are some intriguing moments. I think I would prefer it to be a linear game because all I wanted to do is to clear enemies and unlock skills/stances. I just got to Act 2, saw this huge unexplored map and turn it off. There's a reason I tend to play open world games very slowly.

Edited by Pureis
9 hours ago, Pureis said:

Yeah GOT probably has the best combat in an open world game. Switching between stances is a really good way to ensure that combat doesn't get old. Didn't really care much for the story although there are some intriguing moments. I think I would prefer it to be a linear game because all I wanted to do is to clear enemies and unlock skills/stances. I just got to Act 2, saw this huge unexplored map and turn it off. There's a reason I tend to play open world games very slowly.

Oh man, act 2 and on = total blast. 

51 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Oh man, act 2 and on = total blast. 

I’m enjoying the game and will get back to it soon for sure. I just tend to take my time with open world games. At the same time I have a huge backlog, currently playing classic games like DQ7 on 3DS and Parasite Eve on Vita which took up a lot of my time as well.

• Upvote 1

Origami King is great. I've been avoiding every grunt fight I can so the combat system hasn't gotten stale at all. I just got to the part where Bobby saves Olivia from the bolder and that was a little dark lol. Thousand Year Door is my favorite Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario is my second favorite, and so far I'm liking this as much as Super Paper Mario. Really glad I caved and got it.

Just beat Origami King. It was a great ride with a fantastic story, writing, art style and that Nintendo charm. This Nintendo at the top of their game in terms of presentation. I will say the combat system wears it’s welcome out pretty early on merely by the fact that there’s no character progression at all. I don’t get that design choice at all. It’s never too challenging and I did enjoy the boss battles and the unique designs of each streamer world. I felt it just could’ve been a lot more with few different choices made during development. It’s still the best Paper Mario since Super Paper Mario and a great Switch exclusive. Took me a little over 25 hours to see the credits with plenty of exploring spent during the story. 

8.4/10

• Like 2

on act 2 of ghost. I still find the combat frustrating but the rest of the game is really cool. The side quests on their own aren't that impressive but discovering and exploring new parts of the world through them is always nice.

Also, im not sure how many of you guys knew this but the weather actually changes depending on your playstyle. For example, if you go the stealth route and use your ghost abiltiies often, you'll get more storms and dreary looking skies to symbolize the dishonor you're bringing to the samurai code. I thought that was a neat detail when I found it out.