The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I'm trying to think here. The opening prologue, in the town of Jackson, going to do a patrol, going through the grocery store, and then going into that deserted town in the snowstorm, then the library, and then the Abby stuff, and that running and shooting sequence. And then Ellie going to that cabin to find Joel.

I'd have to say all of that probably took me at least 4 hours, at least.

And then the open OPEN area in Seattle had to AT LEAST take me 3 hours. Exploring that whole area, going into the crumbled building, going into the coffee shop, the music store, and the hideout, and going inside the courthouse, to the underground garage, and then going to that Jewish Temple where you finally get the gas.

Yeah. And I an convinced they had to cut alot of content at the beginning because I have some things to say about how the prologue plays out. It definitely appears that there's should have been alot more stuff in Jackson and in that abandoned town that they ended up cutting.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm trying to think here. The opening prologue, in the town of Jackson, going to do a patrol, going through the grocery store, and then going into that deserted town in the snowstorm, then the library, and then the Abby stuff, and that running and shooting sequence. And then Ellie going to that cabin to find Joel.

I'd have to say all of that probably took me at least 4 hours, at least.

And then the open OPEN area in Seattle had to AT LEAST take me 3 hours. Exploring that whole area, going into the crumbled building, going into the coffee shop, the music store, and the hideout, and going inside the courthouse, to the underground garage, and then going to that Jewish Temple where you finally get the gas.

Yeah. And I an convinced they had to cut alot of content at the beginning because I have some things to say about how the prologue plays out. It definitely appears that there's should have been alot more stuff in Jackson and in that abandoned town that they ended up cutting.

your manual save will tell you :ben:

Finished The Origami King

I don't have much new to add but I really liked it.

+ Fun dialogue.
+ Fun level themes.
+ Fun exploration--by far the game's biggest strength. 
+ The plot has a little bit of darkness to it, which contrasts well with Paper Mario's light-heartedness.

- Mediocre combat system but there isn't a lot of it and encounters are generally spaced out well.
- Bosses are just office supply products with off-the-rack personalities (mafioso, snooty artist, etc.)--because Shiggie evidently doesn't want the dev team to create new Mushroom Kingdom characters/races? I don't quite get this one.
- Basic RPG plot: Scorned madman tries to mind-control everyone and take over the world.

More than anything I liked the exploration and seeing what oddball scenarios it would come up with next. I'm willing to overlook a lot when a game does that so 9/10

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Finished The Origami King

I don't have much new to add but I really liked it.

+ Fun dialogue.
+ Fun level themes.
+ Fun exploration--by far the game's biggest strength. 
+ The plot has a little bit of darkness to it, which contrasts well with Paper Mario's light-heartedness.

- Mediocre combat system but there isn't a lot of it and encounters are generally spaced out well.
- Bosses are just office supply products with off-the-rack personalities (mafioso, snooty artist, etc.)--because Shiggie evidently doesn't want the dev team to create new Mushroom Kingdom characters/races? I don't quite get this one.
- Basic RPG plot: Scorned madman tries to mind-control everyone and take over the world.

More than anything I liked the exploration and seeing what oddball scenarios it would come up with next. I'm willing to overlook a lot when a game does that so 9/10

I'm probably gonna try this soon. This is a legit spiritual sequel to PM1&2. I'm kinda of wanting more after Paper Mario as well.

just found out the Clan Sakai armor in Ghost lets you kill 5 dudes in a standoff. looks like i'll be playing more this weekend. 

i have to say, i hope more games have more dramatic incentives for trying out different armor. the ghost + triple stealth kill makes you a ninja. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

just found out the Clan Sakai armor in Ghost lets you kill 5 dudes in a standoff. looks like i'll be playing more this weekend. 

i have to say, i hope more games have more dramatic incentives for trying out different armor. the ghost + triple stealth kill makes you a ninja. 

oAkx40.gif

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Damn, Sakai armor leveled up to max combined with the standoff kills to max, and the triple stealth kill is what I rolled with for like the last 70% percent of the game. It made encounters so much more entertaining, plus there’s the eventual ghost mode which the first 5 kills gets you more than halfway to unleash. I was shredding fools towards the end

Using a smoke bomb in combat to stealth kill 3 guys in a row is beast 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

Damn, Sakai armor leveled up to max combined with the standoff kills to max, and the triple stealth kill is what I rolled with for like the last 70% percent of the game. It made encounters so much more entertaining, plus there’s the eventual ghost mode which the first 5 kills gets you more than halfway to unleash. I was shredding fools towards the end

Using a smoke bomb in combat to stealth kill 3 guys in a row is beast 

holy fuck! yeah, i'm going to work on maxing shit out. i love how it changes up the gameplay. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Ah so that's how you get the max standoff kills trophy! 

I love the triple stealth kill now. Definitely been using stealth a lot more since I got that ability 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So did I miss that armor or something? I’m deep into act 2 and haven’t found it yet. I haven a bunch of others that i haven’t really found that useful.

Nah. It’s in act 2. You’ll know it when you get it, it’s given to you in a story mission

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Ah so that's how you get the max standoff kills trophy! 

I love the triple stealth kill now. Definitely been using stealth a lot more since I got that ability 

Right? I’m playing right now. 

23 minutes ago, Delita said:

Nah. It’s in act 2. You’ll know it when you get it, it’s given to you in a story mission

i knew i should have been focusing on the story. Been doing most of the regular side missions and getting into way too many combat encounters for my liking.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i knew i should have been focusing on the story. Been doing most of the regular side missions and getting into way too many combat encounters for my liking.

I mean each armor sets have their pros and cons. I don’t think there’s really a definitive set in the game. Just depends on your play style tbh. If you want to tank through the game it’s one of the better sets because it has high defense. But if you’re playing more of the stealth route, then it’s pretty poor for that. There’s also other sets that are more balanced in terms of both but also give you high resolve when attacked.

23 minutes ago, Delita said:

I mean each armor sets have their pros and cons. I don’t think there’s really a definitive set in the game. Just depends on your play style tbh. If you want to tank through the game it’s one of the better sets because it has high defense. But if you’re playing more of the stealth route, then it’s pretty poor for that. There’s also other sets that are more balanced in terms of both but also give you high resolve when attacked.

tbh i've actually been using the original traveler's armor for 95% of the game. I feel like that inflates the difficulty but being able to fill in more of the map and discover more stuff seems worth it.