The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

@Twinblade

Goddamn, Wasteland 3 crashed three times on me now, and Im having weird framerate lock ups that creates terrible sounds. It all started downhill in Denver, shame cuz the Reagan cult and Victory was super interesting.

I decided to wait for a patch or two, gonna play The Banner Saga in the meantime.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

You should check out Battle Chasers Nightwar if you like good turn based RPG.

Played and Platinumed that game years ago. Good game, had some fucked up difficulty spikes though.

Edited by Sabo
  • Upvote 2
On 2020-09-11 at 1:51 AM, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

Goddamn, Wasteland 3 crashed three times on me now, and Im having weird framerate lock ups that creates terrible sounds. It all started downhill in Denver, shame cuz the Reagan cult and Victory was super interesting.

I decided to wait for a patch or two, gonna play The Banner Saga in the meantime.

I haven't gotten any crashes on PC but the performance issues are impossible to ignore.

BTW I hope you're investing in animal whisperer for some of your characters. Its easily one of the best skills, the animals not only distract enemies and soak up attacks that would normally be directed at your party members, but the stronger ones can deal a shitload of damage. I have a deer in my party right now that can almost 1 shot the average enemy when they manage to get a crit.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I haven't gotten any crashes on PC but the performance issues are impossible to ignore.

BTW I hope you're investing in animal whisperer for some of your characters. Its easily one of the best skills, the animals not only distract enemies and soak up attacks that would normally be directed at your party members, but the stronger ones can deal a shitload of damage. I have a deer in my party right now that can almost 1 shot the average enemy when they manage to get a crit.

I have the same pets since the beginning, lol. How do you make them leave your party?

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I have the same pets since the beginning, lol. How do you make them leave your party?

Just talk to animals in your party to dismiss them. The strongest ones you find need a high animal whisperer skill to tame though, so you should have at least 1 character with 5-6 points in that skill.

15 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That Major Tomcat 12% crit. :lawd:

Finished Wasteland 3. Its the first game in the series I've given a legit chance (not including the few hours I put into 2) and I definitely enjoyed it.

Theres a lot of RPG elements and flexibility when it comes to creating and managing your characters. Its a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of things you'll realize its actually not at all difficult to put together a party where each's characters skills serve a purpose and help complement your play style. Theres a lot of interesting weapons and gadgets to play around with too.

The writing is solid as well, with a lot of funny moments and the voice acting is quite good. One thing I really appreciated was the few conversations with characters that switched to a first person camera view, much like the dialogue in your typical Fallout game. I was impressed with how expressive the characters were, and theres definitely some cinematic flare to how they present these. It actually makes the characters livelier than they are in the games its trying to mimic. Unfortunately the one downside is that there isn't that many of these, in fact it feels like there was only around a handful of these in the entire game.

The companion characters are likeable but at the same time they definitely aren't comparable to those in other RPGs. The problem I found is that there aren't any chunks of the story or quests specific to those characters and their dilemmas. Usually you'll just meet one, there will be a couple of lines of dialogue explaining their backstory, and then thats really the bulk of what you'll learn about them. I would have liked to see some more content that fleshes them out.

Speaking of content....the game might actually be too long if ill be honest. After 45-50 hours I definitely just wanted it to end. Part of the problem is that while you can fast travel to your base from any areas you've discovered, you can't fast travel back to those areas. You have to manually drive to them, and theres also random encounters which are a pain to deal with...especially when their rewards aren't that interesting. The combat animations can also take a while sometimes, and im not sure if there was a way to speed it up.

The biggest negative I have though is the technical issues. Game is a big mess even on my new PC it felt like it was constantly lagging, stuttering, hitching up, etc and it was just not a smooth experience despite looking like a last gen.

Then theres the minor bugs like quick slot items randomly getting un-equipped when your character uses one, issues with the AI of NPC/animal characters spazzing out for no reason, etc.

It was still a fun time and I would probably rate it as a 8/10 game. I do feel like I got my fill of the gameplay so if theres a Wasteland 4 Ill probably wait a bit before jumping into it.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Wasteland 3 review

How far in am I once I get to Aspen? I have no idea my hour count, but it feels like I've been playing forever and I'm having that same feeling of just wanting it to end.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Then theres the minor bugs like quick slot items randomly getting un-equipped when your character uses one

I thought I was just going crazy. :ben:

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
7 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

How far in am I once I get to Aspen? I have no idea my hour count, but it feels like I've been playing forever and I'm having that same feeling of just wanting it to end.

I thought I was just going crazy. :ben:

You’re probably 75% done. After aspen, there’s only a few more side quests on the way to the last main mission (liberty) and then the finale is right after that.

• Thanks 1

170 hours into FF7R.  Pretty accurate. Chapter 12, 2nd playthrough, hardmode. B-lining the main path as I spent 128 hours on the first play through. Which means, 12 chapters has taken me 40 hours?? nah... I must've kept it on for 8 hours or something. 

4 hours ago, kokujin said:

170 hours into FF7R.  Pretty accurate. Chapter 12, 2nd playthrough, hardmode. B-lining the main path as I spent 128 hours on the first play through. Which means, 12 chapters has taken me 40 hours?? nah... I must've kept it on for 8 hours or something. 

Legitimate question. How have you milked that many hours from that game?

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Legitimate question. How have you milked that many hours from that game?

first time I SINK into games I like (3 a year), i search every nook cranny and mistake, just for fun. sometimes 4x. might as well. I knew 25 hours in FF7 is LIKELY a simple game, but I recycled the traintrack level the wrong direction 2x for example. and 1x to get back.  Mass Effect 1? I climbed up mountains you can't for probably about 8 hours.  Now you add in Japanese (not so much this game speaks for it for you), I might spend 10 more hours reading and absorbing all of it. Also altogether you probably don't realize how many hours go into a game. Loading it playing it reloading it etc.  I once labled and sidetracked my Wind Waker time (in English all the way), b'czuz I didn't want to believe it was 20-25hrs! And sho enough, the way I play, I put 48+ hours plus into it. I did fill the map, cuz I got stuck, and said why the fuck not, but that was only 7-8 hours max of exttra gameplay.

I got 330 hrs into FFXV Japanese import :D  But I think I spent 50 hrs just reading Japanese I bet. 

• Like 1
  • dead 1

I hugged every corner and weird extra 5 blox of space 3x for example, just in case, there's an extra Resident Evil hit the X button and reveal secret thing.  I backed out of certain story events just to see the other side, but there's not much in the way of diversity in this game. I did get the SECOND all-mana rewared (the G-witch chronicle??) out of order, but it sounds like the game sets you up with a cutscene facing the fucking item anyways, so whoop whoop.   I had more fun tinkering with FFXV, as it was more loose, and more things can happen.  I'm still pleased with the tight pacing and all togethernes of 7. Some of the ridiculous cutscfenes and direction towards the end screams real Japanese identity, and I respecf that. And it's not short. And it's not well/shot-cutt. Yeah, no open world or real spelunking, but, we had no idea how long or sort it'd be, or what kind of game, and it lasted longer than 1 disc, and I'm pleased enough. It's better than 15. I expect Part 2 to be open world, and satisfy a full game's worth of crunch and experience, and not just lenght.  hmm..

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

I hugged every corner and weird extra 5 blox of space 3x for example, just in case, there's an extra Resident Evil hit the X button and reveal secret thing.  I backed out of certain story events just to see the other side, but there's not much in the way of diversity in this game. I did get the SECOND all-mana rewared (the G-witch chronicle??) out of order, but it sounds like the game sets you up with a cutscene facing the fucking item anyways, so whoop whoop.   I had more fun tinkering with FFXV, as it was more loose, and more things can happen.  I'm still pleased with the tight pacing and all togethernes of 7. Some of the ridiculous cutscfenes and direction towards the end screams real Japanese identity, and I respecf that. And it's not short. And it's not well/shot-cutt. Yeah, no open world or real spelunking, but, we had no idea how long or sort it'd be, or what kind of game, and it lasted longer than 1 disc, and I'm pleased enough. It's better than 15. I expect Part 2 to be open world, and satisfy a full game's worth of crunch and experience, and not just lenght.  hmm..

You're gonna approach my Total War hours.