The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I only have 1 question:

What are you gonna play Amnesia on?  :mjcry:

ha no clue. shit. i didn't factor that in. i could always play by brother-in-law's. worst case scenario, i'll wait until november. i want to catch up on several switch games.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Just now, kokujin said:

GD is like the sexiest nerd I know. He really doesn't look the part lmfao.  "Japanese niche games." switch only for 3 months just because he's a rebel. Also because he hates clutter/sells all his things and soul from time to time. 

the truth! i hate clutter! 

• Like 1
On 2020-09-28 at 8:06 PM, Twinblade said:

Im about 16 hours into Aegis Rim and still have no idea wtf is happening in the story :D there's a lot of good stuff here but Its just been a series of puzzle pieces that don't exactly fit together. I hope it starts tying together all these plot threads soon.

Lmao I hadn’t had time in the past week till today and played several hours this morning. Just when I think the story was getting more understandable it gets even more confusing

currently saw the scene where it 

Spoiler

Flashed forward to 2165? They’re in space 

But that’s great , it’s keeping me compelled to see where exactly it’s going.

I’m really liking it . I’m usually kind of iffy on these type of games but I feel there’s just enough gameplay and some form of interactivity that’s keeping me hooked where as others feel like a chore to play for longer periods of time as they’re mostly just text box after text box, not here though.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Delita said:

Lmao I hadn’t had time in the past week till today and played several hours this morning. Just when I think the story was getting more understandable it gets even more confusing

currently saw the scene where it 

Reveal hidden contents

Flashed forward to 2165? They’re in space 

But that’s great , it’s keeping me compelled to see where exactly it’s going.

I’m really liking it . I’m usually kind of iffy on these type of games but I feel there’s just enough gameplay and some form of interactivity that’s keeping me hooked where as others feel like a chore to play for longer periods of time as they’re mostly just text box after text box, not here though.

After 20 hours I finally 100%’d a character and that climax legit left me even more confused than I was before. I feel like similar games in this genre (like Danganronpa and Zero Escape) would have given you a bit more to go on by this point but this game literally gives the player a ‘fuck you you ain’t gettin shit explained’ vibe in comparison.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

After 20 hours I finally 100%’d a character and that climax legit left me even more confused than I was before. I feel like similar games in this genre (like Danganronpa and Zero Escape) would have given you a bit more to go on by this point but this game literally gives the player a ‘fuck you you ain’t gettin shit explained’ vibe in comparison.

Have you tried looking at Rememberance and listing the events youve played in chronological order? I find that it's helping a bit but the dates, years are all over the place.

I think this is a game that wont make sense until the end, and looking at the events again in chronological order in rememberance. At least i hope so

• Like 1
11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Don't know why my spoiler tags aren't working but anyway.

For the ppl that have played DQXI, how far in am I?

Just left The Last Bastion after someone joins your party.

Depends how far you want to go in all honesty.

I'd say you're probably around 40% through.

• Like 1

My Squadrons impressions so far. :denzel3:

Even from the get go, it's very much a Star Wars game, and it really captures that feeling starting from how the game is laid out, and the feel of your fighter. The wailing banshee scream from your TIE fighter as you hunt your prey; the X-wing hull rattling as you pull off moves, as it gives you the impression it's a hastily built aircraft.

It's also simple enough to not clutter up your view, the cabin is laid out with a lot of information, but once you know where to look, it's very clearly (and quickly) understood.

At one point, I had to knock out a subsystem (a specific location, surrounded by twin laser turrets) on a Star Destroyer, and I got eviscerated about a dozen times until I figured out how to add in dodge in my strafing runs.

So I would be switching to shields on my way out of my strafing run - still dodging mind you; and then turning around for another strafe run long enough to fire a proton torp into it while still dodging TIEs and turret fire.

In order to dodge/fight you climb/dip while moving left/right, you're also modifying your speed, and putting some roll if necessary to dodge the laser fire. But the ability to control where you direct power is another layer into that. and that's all done from the D-Pad:

Left = Thrusters
Up = Lasers
Right = Shields (Note: you can further hold X and push up/down to determine shield balance [Front/Rear])
Down = Balanced

But again, you can get skilled with pulling off multiple systems in rapid succession.

Eg: You put thrusters to max, build up boost > hit your boost, then cut thruster power and drift while pulling off an incredibly tight turn.

You get 4 classes of aircraft between the Empire/Rebel Alliance:

Squadron_Rebel-ships-classes.thumb.jpg.8143269b5f1b1a8fb9c69205891b0bba.jpg

Squadron_Empire-ships-classes.thumb.jpg.d4932cb51a4d864e53e799e34c0245b8.jpg

The support can deploy turrets, HP, and ammo replenishment to their allies.

It's quite a tactical game, without gimmicky power ups scattered through out the field to give you boosts.

So far I'd give it about an 8 out of 10.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat