The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

So I’m about 50 percent or more on all of the characters In 13 Sentinels and I’m about 50 percent on the destruction portion. This game is MUCH longer than I expected for the type of game it is. But overall, Incredibly awesome. It’s actually a pretty solid strategy rpg that doesent feel tacked on. The way the story flows feels like a TV series 

BUT, the more I play the more I’m worried that my suspicions on where the game is going and how it ends is exactly what I expected in the first 5 hours

@Twinblade don’t tell me if I’m wrong or right, but here’s what I’m thinking 

Spoiler

The game is an infinite time loop where the game ends right where it started. I had my suspicions after the more than obvious sci fi film inspirations ranging from war of the worlds to ET, to terminator and BTTF that I started thinking about other time travel films in recent memory that have explored the idea like Looper and Predestination that basically boil down to everything being sort of futile as the story will keep repeating itself endlessly

I really hope I’m wrong, and if I’m not, I at least hope it’s satisfying. Given how incredibly well written the entire game has been, I really can’t see how they’d fumble the ending.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Delita said:

So I’m about 50 percent or more on all of the characters In 13 Sentinels and I’m about 50 percent on the destruction portion. This game is MUCH longer than I expected for the type of game it is. But overall, Incredibly awesome. It’s actually a pretty solid strategy rpg that doesent feel tacked on. The way the story flows feels like a TV series 

BUT, the more I play the more I’m worried that my suspicions on where the game is going and how it ends is exactly what I expected in the first 5 hours

@Twinblade don’t tell me if I’m wrong or right, but here’s what I’m thinking 

Reveal hidden contents

The game is an infinite time loop where the game ends right where it started. I had my suspicions after the more than obvious sci fi film inspirations ranging from war of the worlds to ET, to terminator and BTTF that I started thinking about other time travel films in recent memory that have explored the idea like Looper and Predestination that basically boil down to everything being sort of futile as the story will keep repeating itself endlessly

I really hope I’m wrong, and if I’m not, I at least hope it’s satisfying. Given how incredibly well written the entire game has been, I really can’t see how they’d fumble the ending.

Im a bit biased because Im actually not that big of a fan of sci fi stories with such a big focus on time travel. I feel like that its a plot device that encourages writers to be lazy as it gives them breathing room to come up with more ridiculous stuff without actually having to provide explanations or proper context for any of it. I think as you get closer to the end you'll have more of an idea of where the story is heading. It just goes off the rails in a way I didn't like at all.

• Like 1
On 2020-10-03 at 4:37 AM, kazi said:

what is happening in your life that you can't spent a few hours gaming? you don't have free time? as for me, i basically live in video games :mjcry: 

kaz you're blind dumb and stupid: I wrote there's other ways to procrastinate. If you can defer that, with your super high iq, we can have a conversation.  idiota. 

• Sad 1
On 2020-10-08 at 11:08 PM, Hot Sauce said:

Beat Hades. The game throws a new system at you once you do so I beat it again while trying it out. Gave me enough currency for a new upgrade so I beat it a third time testing that out.

GOTY.

So it’s not like bastion? That game was so boring 

On 2020-10-11 at 10:35 AM, -GD-X said:

So it’s not like bastion? That game was so boring 

It's been a long time since I played Bastion, but I remember getting pretty bored of it towards the end because the combat just didn't ask enough of the player. I've played so much Hades over the last week that the fingertips of my thumbs hurt from mashing buttons so hard and so often. :ben:

• Haha 1
  • Ben 1
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I can’t believe I’d ever utter these words, but I legit cannot stand Crash 4. The game is hard as fuck so maybe I’m just being a bitch, but the difficulty doesn’t feel earned. It’s got too many annoying camera/control issues.

ahhhhh same ol' crash then lol

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I REALLY liked the remakes, so I thought I knew what to expect. But this one does nothing for me.

o snap! the OG ones were tough af! but they had charm. it's disappointing that this one sucks. 

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

o snap! the OG ones were tough af! but they had charm. it's disappointing that this one sucks. 

I could still be in this ‘everything sucks’ phase so your mileage can vary. The game is honestly way harder than the original games and remakes, to the point where it just feels unreasonable and unfair at times. There are levels where I’ve died 30+ times.

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I could still be in this ‘everything sucks’ phase so your mileage can vary. The game is honestly way harder than the original games and remakes, to the point where it just feels unreasonable and unfair at times. There are levels where I’ve died 30+ times.

holy shit! that's like super meat boy...except those levels were short and fun. 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

holy shit! that's like super meat boy...except those levels were short and fun. 

Yeah, one common problem is that I really have a tough time gauging the distance of my jump during the traditional levels where you move forward in a line. It doesn't help that the camera often doesn't properly give you a good view of the path you need to take either. They did add an icon that appears under crash's model when you jump which sounds great on paper but its not as helpful as you think.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, one common problem is that I really have a tough time gauging the distance of my jump during the traditional levels where you move forward in a line. It doesn't help that the camera often doesn't properly give you a good view of the path you need to take either. They did add an icon that appears under crash's model when you jump which sounds great on paper but its not as helpful as you think.

eh i'll pass. i hate frustrating games.