The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

put RE7 on the backburner for almost 2 years now, didn't have the VR legs to go through it at the time. Picked it up where I left off 2 days ago and my VR resistance is much better. Game is still a marvel to witness in VR and the encounters are getting intense :imageproxy:

The way the room lights up in VR when you use the flamethrower is just :banderoos: Flat screens can't compare

VR is still the future, I'm banking everything on it for the coming gen :dame: 

• Upvote 1
  • Ben 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

put RE7 on the backburner for almost 2 years now, didn't have the VR legs to go through it at the time. Picked it up where I left off 2 days ago and my VR resistance is much better. Game is still a marvel to witness in VR and the encounters are getting intense :imageproxy:

The way the room lights up in VR when you use the flamethrower is just :banderoos: Flat screens can't compare

It'll look so great on Xbox :tom5:

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

91ApW1z.gif

Beat the hydra in hades. This game :wow2: 

if you go into each run with a goal (in this case, I’m after keys), it’s such a blast. I love all of the character interactions. The dialog is so fucking good. It’s like....dying isn’t so bad because you’ll have a bunch of new convos before your next run. 

I ‘finished’ Amnesia Rebirth. I say it that way because the game has multiple endings and I actually locked myself to the worst one without realizing it. 

I’m going back to get the others, but let’s just say this game is going to be VERY controversial especially with the things it does towards the end. Frictional is very ballsy for the way they handled the story in this game. I don’t think it reaches the heights that SOMA did, but it definitely gets points for being bizarre and different as far as horror games are concerned.

• Like 1

Ok I sped through the last part and got the other 2 endings.

I have to say they both felt anticlimactic and weren't very fulfilling. The story is a major focus for 95% of the game and it executes it pretty damn well, but the end just feels unfinished and is a wasted opportunity despite them touching on some interesting themes.

The game itself is damn good, with the setting being the main difference between this and Frictional's past games. Mechanics wise its very similar, with the physics based manipulation of objects and mechanical components in the environment being the main way you solve puzzles (which are generally pretty clever and fun, if not that difficult).

They also absolutely nail the horror pacing. Despite a slightly slow start, the game moves very quickly and you're never in the same level for long. The way they build up the tension and atmosphere throughout the levels is top notch, and there are stretches of gameplay where you're constantly on edge with a pervasive feeling of dread that you can't escape from.

Its especially impressive that they can pull this off with what is ultimately very dated graphics engine. Theres no denying it, the game looks old. The strong art design and use of lighting holds things together, but Frictional absolutely needs to up their tech game for next gen or they're going to be way behind. I noticed that in the credits that there were only 2 people labeled as 'tech programmers' which is kind of crazy if you think about it. I respect their ambition, but theres no way 2 people can build up and maintain a modern graphics engine in today's world. I feel like the devs either need to invest on the tech side of things or just bite the bullet and move to a 3rd party engine like UE4 or Cryengine.

But overall, its another solid horror game. If I were to rate just 95% of the game I would give it a 8.5, but I think the endings drag it down to a 8.0.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I had that happen too. Feels bad. :willcucked:

Then you stomp his face in next time and you feel like a god. :aitch:

Yeah, I saw what I did wrong. I’m going to try and beat him now. Oh, I bought the 

Spoiler

Fishing area. Lol I can only imagine 

God damn, Hades is a GOTY contender. It’s the kind of game, where you want to keep playing after you beat it (the story continues; still so much to discover) 

@Hot Sauce 

Spoiler

38 minute run in my first completion. I bet you are getting 20 minutes 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

God damn, Hades is a GOTY contender. It’s the kind of games where you want to keep playing after you beat it (the story continues; still so much to discover) 

@Hot Sauce 

Hide contents

38 minute run in my first completion. I bet you are getting 20 minutes 

Hell yeah, I beat it and then beat it another 2 more times in the same sitting because of how much opens up and the revelations in the story after that first clear.

Spoiler

Yeah, low 20s is my usual clear time. My best run is at 17 minutes, but I'm pretty sure that's the run where something story related happened. Now that you beat it you'll start forgoing survivability for damage and you'll take huge chunks out of that clear time. 

Edited by Hot Sauce
Quotes and spoilers are different things :ben:
  • aitch 1
35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

how many hours did it take you to finish your first full run?

About 15 (rough estimate). A lot of it was spent on building up my character, unlocking new skills/weapons and repairing damaged areas (they actually help with your runs). I made a lot of dumb mistakes early on. It takes about 35-40 min per full run now. There’s a lot of incentive to keep replaying, mainly for the story and other unlockables. Plus, they add a neat tweak after your first successful run.

@Twinblade i edited this post

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

About 15 (rough estimate). A lot of it was spent on building up my character, unlocking new skills/weapons and repairing damaged areas (they actually help with your runs). I made a lot of dumb mistakes early on. It takes about 35-40 min per full run now. There’s a lot of incentive to keep replaying, mainly for the story and other unlockables. Plus, they add a neat tweak after your first successful run.

@Twinblade i edited this post

Did it feel fulfilling enough after those 15 hours? I’ll buy the game if that’s the case. I just don’t want to have to play it for 50 hours to feel like I got the full experience.