The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Did it feel fulfilling enough after those 15 hours? I’ll buy the game if that’s the case. I just don’t want to have to play it for 50 hours to feel like I got the full experience.

they were 15 hours well spent. however, you are missing out on a lot of the game if you just complete it once. the story is far from over, despite completing a run. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Did it feel fulfilling enough after those 15 hours? I’ll buy the game if that’s the case. I just don’t want to have to play it for 50 hours to feel like I got the full experience.

The game has pretty significant story implications at that point that I doubt would feel rewarding if you stopped there. There is a point where you see credits, the story is "complete", and you got the full experience. If it takes 15 hours to beat the game the first time, I'd guess it's roughly another 5-10 hours to see the credits. I'd consider that 20-25 hour point to be the full experience.

There's still side character story stuff that you probably haven't completed by that point, maybe haven't maxed out every character upgrade, and certainly haven't unlocked all the cosmetic upgrades, but that's definitely where Hades the 'I just want to experience what this game has to offer and I don't intend to make this a game that I speed run or experiment in for hundreds of hours' game ends.

What I think makes Hades so great is that it does have that satisfying story conclusion. The gameplay is run based and has all the trappings of something that people will play over and over for hundreds of hours, but it wraps a narrative around that so convincingly and with gameplay and story additions in a structured way that you can enjoy it even if you could never get into roguelikes.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The game has pretty significant story implications at that point that I doubt would feel rewarding if you stopped there. There is a point where you see credits, the story is "complete", and you got the full experience. If it takes 15 hours to beat the game the first time, I'd guess it's roughly another 5-10 hours to see the credits. I'd consider that 20-25 hour point to be the full experience.

There's still side character story stuff that you probably haven't completed by that point, maybe haven't maxed out every character upgrade, and certainly haven't unlocked all the cosmetic upgrades, but that's definitely where Hades the 'I just want to experience what this game has to offer and I don't intend to make this a game that I speed run or experiment in for hundreds of hours' game ends.

What I think makes Hades so great is that it does have that satisfying story conclusion. The gameplay is run based and has all the trappings of something that people will play over and over for hundreds of hours, but it wraps a narrative around that so convincingly and with gameplay and story additions in a structured way that you can enjoy it even if you could never get into roguelikes.

well damn, you sold it way better than i did. 100% ^^^

13 hours ago, bhytre said:

Playing Astro Bot, this is so damn good and I usually don't care for platformers :glad: 

Looks great as well

Its the best exclusive first party platformer to ever grace a PlayStation platform. Its short but sweet, some of the later stages are platforming bliss. 

You should play Wipeout Omega Collection if you haven't. Blood and Truth is decent too. Sony has some solid VR first party efforts.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Its the best exclusive first party platformer to ever grace a PlayStation platform. Its short but sweet, some of the later stages are platforming bliss. 

You should play Wipeout Omega Collection if you haven't. Blood and Truth is decent too. Sony has some solid VR first party efforts.

I'm going on a VR binge atm so all these games are waiting to be played :aitch: Some physical games are already starting to get hard to find so now's the time to buy them up.

Astro Bot is just super polished and I was floored when I got to that level where you need to jump around on that moving cart, absolutely amazing :bow: 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished DQXI main story. Not doing any of the post game shit, there's just too much. 

Really is a great JRPG. Glad I got around to it before the gen ended. 

Started Doom Eternal

Also played Ghost: Legends....how is this free?

Youre missing out on DQXI post game content. That's when the real hardcore shit kicks in, but it is another 40 hours of gameplay if you want to do everything and it does get a bit redundant. Still, you haven't really finished the story. Just saying.

DOOM Eternal is fantastic, a tad too long for its own good though.

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

I'm going on a VR binge atm so all these games are waiting to be played :aitch: Some physical games are already starting to get hard to find so now's the time to buy them up.

Astro Bot is just super polished and I was floored when I got to that level where you need to jump around on that moving cart, absolutely amazing :bow: 

Im your man if you need some games impressions. I have played almost everything on PSVR.

Walking Dead Saints and Sinner is getting a physical release next month, you should really check that out as its one of the best exclusive VR game ever made.

Just now, Ramza said:

Im your man if you need some games impressions. I have played almost everything on PSVR.

Walking Dead Saints and Sinner is getting a physical release next month, you should really check that out as its one of the best exclusive VR game ever made.

Already pre-ordered the complete edition it's out on the third I think B) 

I might be reaching my limit point in Genshin. I really don't like how the story missions are tied to adventure rank. The gameplay that's there is fun, the world is huge and gorgeous, and I love the OST. I know it's a F2P Gacha game but the progression is garbage.

46 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Still playing Hades :love:

I’ve been busy the last few days. Just knocked out my 4th full run this morning. Love the main story, and even the side ones. :smoke: 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn it don't know if I should get hades or ghostrunner.

edit: i went with ghostrunner. im more in the mood for something short and fast paced.

get hades after. let's put it this way...i have 4 completed runs and i can't wait to get home later to add number 5, possibly 6. each completion gives you a crucial piece to the overall story. my last run was just a little over 30 minutes. i'm unlocking new upgrades that makes me a fucking monster.  shiii...i weaponized my dash so much in one run...that i defeated the main boss without any actual weapons. :D but , i had epic and rare upgrades for my dash. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, Ghostrunner seems pretty sick so far. Can't wait to talk more about it to myself on SW since its another game nobody here will play :whew:

The other game you were deciding between had two people actively discussing it in this very thread. :rage:

I'll probably give Ghostrunner a shot, though. Love the setting and I like short games.