The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

20 hours in Yakuza Like a Dragon. Easily my favorite game of the year, and easily the best Yakuza game since 0.

And its such a solid turn based RPG that I dont know if I ever want to go back to the old beat em up action-y combat.

:lawd: 

I hit the 34 hour mark yesterday and am eager to keep playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Nearing the end of the Cold War campaign. Actually a big fan, they do a a decent amount of chances to make it feel fresh. A lot less emphasis on giant set pieces and it works.

Astro bot speed runs with my friends. What a fucking game. This is a legit killer app. 

Astro Bot do look cool. Cant wait for the next VR game (if PSVR2 ever materialize).

On 2020-11-20 at 1:00 AM, madmaltese said:

Astro's Playroom really deserves so much more attention. This is a killer game. My friends have just started getting into speed run time trails too now and evertime I put on my PS5 i get notifications when times are beaten. It's a superb little game.

Btw man, I still don't have you on PSN. Dm it to me if you want (if you don't want to post it publically). Not really into MP games much but I like to see ppl's trophies haha. 

Btw same goes for anyone else here with a PSN. I think I only have Ike and lynux. 

They really need to fund a complete "full sized" Astro Bot game.

Sony literally has something that can hang with Mario with that IP.  Both games have received nothing but praise from everyone who's played them, and not only that.. but they're both innovative in how the player interacts with the game.  That's not easy to do these days, but that team is doing it.  They're doing the things Nintendo should be doing with Mario, with regards to VR and Controller feedback, but can't.

Build that team up, and make Astro Bot the official PS mascot :fblike: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hit such a demoralizing difficulty spike in Yakuza 7. The game was really well balanced until it threw a boss at me whos 15 levels higher than all of my characters. Im going to have spend at least several hours grinding in order to be able to stand a chance against him. Pretty lame.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hit such a demoralizing difficulty spike in Yakuza 7. The game was really well balanced until it threw a boss at me whos 15 levels higher than all of my characters. Im going to have spend at least several hours grinding in order to be able to stand a chance against him. Pretty lame.

For a main story moment, thats surprising.

Hasnt happened to me so far. I find the game too easy. But then again, thats the case with all Yakuza games for me. If you do the side contents and explore Yokohama to the fullest, its pretty much a cakewalk.

I’m really trying to like gears 5. The dated controls really hurt. I’m definitely enjoying the improved visuals, though. 

Now Ori and The Will of the Wisps is amazing! It’s better than the first in every way. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I’m really trying to like gears 5. The dated controls really hurt. I’m definitely enjoying the improved visuals, though. 

Now Ori and The Will of the Wisps is amazing! It’s better than the first in every way. 

Yea, Gears needs to really change it up for the next one.  Hopefully with Rod Fergusson gone, the new person in charge realizes that and has the balls to make it feel different.

Ori 2 is just a gorgeous stunning game.  You playing in HDR?  It looks fucking incredible... and yea, it's better in every way than the first one.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, Gears needs to really change it up for the next one.  Hopefully with Rod Fergusson gone, the new person in charge realizes that and has the balls to make it feel different.

Ori 2 is just a gorgeous stunning game.  You playing in HDR?  It looks fucking incredible... and yea, it's better in every way than the first one.

Yup! HDR and the downsampled 6K. Very pretty! But the level design feels like it’s been greatly improved! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ramza said:

For a main story moment, thats surprising.

Hasnt happened to me so far. I find the game too easy. But then again, thats the case with all Yakuza games for me. If you do the side contents and explore Yokohama to the fullest, its pretty much a cakewalk.

It was easy up until this point. You’ll definitely know the part I’m referring to once you get there.

Just now, Ike said:

Just picked up 13 Sentinels and Sakura Wars on PS4 for $30 each. :juggle:

I still havent played 13 Sentinels, really want to but Ill finish Yakuza first.

Sakura Wars is pretty underrated. The mech fighting is mediocre but everything else owned. The characters are especially likeable. Great story, music and graphics for that type of game,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yes!  That place was awesome.

Glad you're enjoying it.

i can't wait to get home and play more. i finished the area. it was a total blast. i love how it's a metroidvania game, but the level design does an excellent job pointing you in the right direction, without it being overly obvious. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i can't wait to get home and play more. i finished the area. it was a total blast. i love how it's a metroidvania game, but the level design does an excellent job pointing you in the right direction, without it being overly obvious. 

Yep.  I agree 100%.

I'm gonna have to sneak in another playthrough coming up soon.  They've improved the game so much since I played it first.  Usually every patch that drops I hop back in and try it out.. and the recent patches have done some amazing things for the game.  It's so much better now than it was at launch.  You picked the right time to experience it, that's for sure! :leo: 

• Like 1