The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Remij said:

Yep.  I agree 100%.

I'm gonna have to sneak in another playthrough coming up soon.  They've improved the game so much since I played it first.  Usually every patch that drops I hop back in and try it out.. and the recent patches have done some amazing things for the game.  It's so much better now than it was at launch.  You picked the right time to experience it, that's for sure! :leo: 

bro, at this rate, i'm ready to give it a 10/10. mind you, i liked the first, but never had the desire to finish it. that says a lot! 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I grinded for 3-4 hours and still just barely beat this boss fight in Yakuza 7. Fuck that was tough. By far the most difficult main story battle I’ve encountered in a Yakuza game @Ramza good luck lol

Yeah well Im not worried. Im doing every piece of side content, somewhat trying to get the plat on this one, maybe.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Too hard for me lol

It's not too bad tbh. Bloodborne and Sekiro are much harder imo. Would put it on the easier half of Soulsborne games. 

Friend is gonna let me borrow miles now so that is probably next.

Also my Series X arrived yesterday........but that has nothing to play lol I set it up then played demons souls

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Yeah well Im not worried. Im doing every piece of side content, somewhat trying to get the plat on this one, maybe.

I just passed the 50 hour mark. I think I’m nearing the end. The story is fucking nuts dude....even by Yakuza standards. It goes in some really unique but interesting directions.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just passed the 50 hour mark. I think I’m nearing the end. The story is fucking nuts dude....even by Yakuza standards. It goes in some really unique but interesting directions.

Im 30 hours in and still on chapter 6 I think. lol

Yakuza always deliver story wise so no surprise and this one started off real strong, I love Ichiban story and his relationship with his patriarch. It immediately clicked with me.

I let my guard down and now I'm on Day 4 of home quarantine. And just as the vaccines come online--gotta laugh. But no symptoms so far and I'm really healthy so no worries. Just annoying.

Finally started FE: Three Houses. Picked the Empire as my birthplace thinking the Black Eagles have to be a cool house just going by the name. Laughed when they turned out to be goth spergs who would have their pronouns in their Twitter bios if they lived in this world. Almost went with the Blue Lions instead but I figured I'll pick them the next playthrough.

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
2 hours ago, Saucer said:

I let my guard down and now I'm on Day 4 of home quarantine. And just as the vaccines come online--gotta laugh. But no symptoms so far and I'm really healthy so no worries. Just annoying.

Finally started FE: Three Houses. Picked the Empire as my birthplace thinking the Black Eagles have to be a cool house just going by the name. Laughed when they turned out to be goth spergs who would have their pronouns in their Twitter bios if they lived in this world. Almost went with the Blue Lions instead but I figured I'll pick them the next playthrough.

edelgard :smoke:  here's some advice, if you want to get the ending you can only get with her play through 

Spoiler

always side with edelgard with the "major" situations.  it will make the game shorter and the ending is completely different. you see a really neat side of a particular character. 

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

edelgard :smoke:  here's some advice, if you want to get the ending you can only get with her play through 

Hide contents

always side with edelgard with the "major" situations.  it will make the game shorter and the ending is completely different. you see a really neat side of a particular character. 

Awesome. I was wondering what I had to do to get her unique plotline but I didn't want to read GameFAQs and risk spoiling anything big. 

• Upvote 2

Damn Miles Morales is so short. I really wish it was at least 5 hours longer. I was even enjoying it more than Demons Souls since while fantastic, a slight part of the enjoyment is gone since I already know everything and how to beat every level and boss.

Amazing game though. It really does feel like more Spider-man which in itself was VERY good but Miles has many new abilities that makes the experience feel fresh and new with a whole new story and cast. I really don’t think Insomniac should work on anything but Spider Man for the foreseeable future as long as they’re dropping bangers on this level with this series. Really makes that new Avengers game look like even more dog shit than it already is.

Now to finish up Demons Souls, and Little Hope (PC) before cyberpunk and see if I can pick up Yakuza 7. I love holiday gaming  :aitch:

• Upvote 1

Yakuza 7 is really bumming me out. I just can't wrap my head around these ridiculous difficulty spikes towards the end. I was enjoying the turn based combat but if this is how they're going to balance it then i'd much rather have the traditional combat.

The bosses can attack multiple times in a single turn, and can sometimes OHK characters in that single turn. And they will actually target Ichiban (the main character) with those OHK attacks, and when he dies its game over. So there are times where im almost immediately losing without even being able to put up a fight.

I think I have no choice but to waste another few hours grinding which goes completely against what these games should be about. The optional content is where the difficulty has always been, not the main story. You should be able to practically breeze through it to enjoy the crazy and dramatic Yakuza content without having to worry about hitting progression blocking walls like these.

Maybe your experience is different but that really sounds just like Yakuza to me with those ridiculous ending difficulty spikes. Every Yakuza I’ve ever played has bosses in the 2nd half where I die dozens of times until I squeeze by, and you can’t even grind in those since you’re locked on the boss 

Not a fan of the SMT style main character dies = everyone dies though. That’s always been BS artificial difficulty increaser

35 minutes ago, Delita said:

Maybe your experience is different but that really sounds just like Yakuza to me with those ridiculous ending difficulty spikes. Every Yakuza I’ve ever played has bosses in the 2nd half where I die dozens of times until I squeeze by, and you can’t even grind in those since you’re locked on the boss 

Not a fan of the SMT style main character dies = everyone dies though. That’s always been BS artificial difficulty increaser

I've never had close to this much trouble in any of the Yakuza games. Even if I do end up dying a few times I can usually figure out a strategy to win on the next attempts. Here I just don't see any path to victory besides grinding to bridge the gap in levels between your characters and the bosses which feels like incredibly dated design.