The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

On 2020-12-20 at 7:49 PM, JonbX said:

Im on chapter 4 i think in the gears expansion. I do like that the environments are a lot more varied than your typical gears game and the characters are ok. Its pretty action packed so far but i think playing this co op would make it much more fun.

Very good so far but i wish with this expansion they would have made it more non gears like to see how people liked it cause i dont want the next gears game to just be gears again....even tho ill play and like it if it is.

yeah, it would have been a great opportunity to experiment. still, i love that it felt like old school gears. just a roller coaster experience. dumb story, but i have never cared for the stories in gears games. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I finished Project Wingman. No joke, despite the lack of cutscenes and toned down presentation this could have easily passed as AC8. The campaign is fully fleshed out with a bunch of different planes with customizable weapon loadouts, varied missions, and A LOT of fully voiced radio chatter & storytelling in general. And even the story itself is pretty entertaining, if not that original.

Also, did I mention that the OST is bad ass and gives AC a run for its money?

Game is seriously legit, and anyone who likes AC and wants more of it needs to play it.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I have an announcement to make.....I just reached Gold rank in Valorant :whew:I know nobody gives a fuck, but I suck ass at these types of hyper competitive shooters so this is actually a big achievement for me.

I care Twinny. The world cares with you.  You are a man today. 

44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I totally get the Hades hype now. Game is pretty awesome.

How long does that take? I’ve played it twice and both times I’ve thought it’s just ok. Game feels like eating at chipotle; not great, not terrible. 

2 hours ago, Delita said:

How long does that take? I’ve played it twice and both times I’ve thought it’s just ok. Game feels like eating at chipotle; not great, not terrible. 

I’ve only done 8-10 runs so far but I think the game is really well paced for a roguelike.  You’re constantly progressing not only from a permanent unlocks/upgrades standpoint, but also in terms of world building and storytelling. That’s where other roguelikes fail to me, you quickly get into a routine where all the runs start to blend together and it doesn’t feel like you’re making much progress at all (I know a lot of people loved it, but that’s what Dead Cells became to me).  

Hades does a good job of making every run feel meaningful.

• Upvote 1

I decided to get need for speed hot pursuit remaster on sale since I never played it when it first come out. It’s the most fun I have had with a racing game in years. Perfect arcade handling with no filler,  just pick an event you wanna play, and race with no bullshit in between.

Getting pretty tired of the gameplay loop in Hades. I've been able to consistently get to what I assume is the final boss (before whatever post game content the game has) several times now and I haven't gotten close to winning that fight. The annoying part is having to spend almost a hour getting through each of the dungeons to get to that point just to die and end up doing it over and over again. Like every other roguelike the whole experience just ends up feeling like a waste of time if ill be honest and the few unique lines of dialogue here and there aren't enough to really keep me engaged.

• dead 1
11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Getting pretty tired of the gameplay loop in Hades. I've been able to consistently get to what I assume is the final boss (before whatever post game content the game has) several times now and I haven't gotten close to winning that fight. The annoying part is having to spend almost a hour getting through each of the dungeons to get to that point just to die and end up doing it over and over again. Like every other roguelike the whole experience just ends up feeling like a waste of time if ill be honest and the few unique lines of dialogue here and there aren't enough to really keep me engaged.

I died dozens of time against the final boss (and beat it like three times) and I was never annoyed nor frustrated. 

You're always making progress for something gameplay wise and the gameplay never becomes too repetitive, thanks to all the perks and weapons combinations.

Usually I find most roguelite to become tedious after a while but Hades always delivered something that kept me engaged.

And if you don't like the story bits in this game then I don't know what to tell you.

43 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I died dozens of time against the final boss (and beat it like three times) and I was never annoyed nor frustrated. 

You're always making progress for something gameplay wise and the gameplay never becomes too repetitive, thanks to all the perks and weapons combinations.

Usually I find most roguelite to become tedious after a while but Hades always delivered something that kept me engaged.

And if you don't like the story bits in this game then I don't know what to tell you.

I’m constantly switching weapons but the gameplay loop still feels incredibly repetitive. I’ve already seen the same exact room layouts and enemy encounters repeated over and over again. The game is failing pretty hard at switching things up.

honestly this genre blows and I never want to play another roguelike again :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I’m constantly switching weapons but the gameplay loop still feels incredibly repetitive. I’ve already seen the same exact room layouts and enemy encounters repeated over and over again. The game is failing pretty hard at switching things up.

honestly this genre blows and I never want to play another roguelike again :D

The gameplay is extremely varied at it's core thanks to how much perks changes things up. I disagree.

Hades is one of the best roguelike so yeah, you don't like that one you might as well not bother with the genre.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

The gameplay is extremely varied at it's core thanks to how much perks changes things up. I disagree.

Hades is one of the best roguelike so yeah, you don't like that one you might as well not bother with the genre.

this. knowing which perks to use makes beating the game a breeze. my fastest run was under 30 minutes. 

• Upvote 1