The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Okay swo,

after you fucking bozoz ruined christmas,

V's male voice in Japanese is SEEEXEUY. kinda of an airy non obvious hero voice/ which I truly know to appreciate.

I usually like to play as a chic, but I think I may play as a male if I import it.

Supporting cast, like I thought it would, are gonna lose their western flair and purpose(ly) ethnic accents.

Jackie loses his hispanic charm. I am going to look up Dex but wow what they did with the English version. that's def. a "black man," and they made it a point to make him intelligent too (still speaking slang lfmao, but then uses words like Ontolgy).  I don't like it's another black/dark character who's seedy and untrustworthy.  beh eh, we're gonna run out of roles if we keep wanting to have all of us in a positive light AND recognized for our black//skin//culture too etc.  

I like the first person mode..hated deus ex so I'm still getting a feel for the game. I don't mind it's janky. Honestly some of the menus and shit are a bit too much/overwhelming at first. City looks claustherphobic and I think Imma spend the most of my time sitting and spinning the camera and watchig people talk?? lol wtf. 

I'm doing sparse missions per day. I still want to import. Getting a feel for it is nice though. Actually the more I play, and the more I understand the premise of the city and it's techonogoy etc. set-up first,the more I see most of this game is also normal enoug-ish dialogue. And acutally allthe cool extra words and sci-fi stuff really stands out in Japanese.. it may even be useful.  

JPN games and shows tend to make their characters sound like machine cornballs, and they don't use real slice of life human voices and inflections.  This one seems... some random NPCs do sound 80% human and the rest corny. It looks like with V (male side) they went all out. Sounds like an actor, trying to act not a cartoon, but a full-feldged movie.

I'm torn!  It's $77 to import from play-asia. But I just might. Especially if I decide/realize I like the dialogue, the game itself, and nothing else terrible happens.  I don't see whY I shouldn't just play this version till I get a feel for it, buy the import, keep laying while I wait lol, then I can return this polish trash that Kazi reccomended.

*Also wish you can literally break teh game and do shit way outta order, but I get the feeling it's all compacted into a leashed "vision of choice" experience.  Lotts of looting random shit tho (I love that actually). the fucking abilities tho??

holy shit that's gonna take me 2 playthrough to get a solid feel for, and use//abuse to do things the game doesn't expect you to.  (anywas wanna fellafigale on that and say what they experienced?).  Right now, I'm just gonna shoot shit and move on lol. It works, and I'm already feeking overwhelmed.  

BAHAHA i just figured it out.

that's fucking gladious from ffxv as jackie isn't it? lol. a lil too straightforward voice iMO. english wins.

who the fuck is the lead tho? I can totally put my name on that too.. 

man, I think I'm gonna save hearing Kueno Reeves voice over in Japanese. I gotta imagine that one will lose too, but who knows... 

Edited by kokujin
  • Haha 1
  • Ben 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

even better. V's Japanese female voice ain't really much to miss. it's soft, it's helpful, but it's not anywhere near my voice or a voice I wanna mimic, so a 2nd playthrough as male V in JPN import sounds like an even better idea.

FUCK, I need to figure out who the lead JPN male voice is. I swear i've heard this niggah in an anime or tv show. Someone said it's "kira smething, from something??"

I wanna hear Dex and some of the other supporting cast voices. I wanna know what they did with the "black voice." Who knows, maybe they found an archetype that fits.  So long as the NPCs and other characters dont' sound like charictures, I think I may import. 

lol is it fucking noctis dude??  lmfao. 

edit: fuck this ain't noctic. this is some sexy other shit. who the fuck is the voice. I like how it's not obvious, and has 2-3 tones to it that seem to vocalize at the same time. If that makes sense. 

Dex in Jap is plain. A little strong voice. Absolutely no changes in his speech/style/grammar or dialect though, actually surprisingly textbook lol wtf.

yappari, some cultural things are lost. 80% human-ish but 20% caricatures voices in JPN, but that's usually common for their and most media, male V voice is fucking SICK. Hmmm. I'll leave Johnny as a surprise. Feiik.  I think I'm gonna import :D  

Edited by kokujin

@Twinblade @Teh_Diplomat

Bought Project Wingman. First game I actually bought full price on STEAM, but then again, $28 CAD for this is a really fair price.

I'm loving it, it's like playing an unofficial entry in the Ace Combat franchise. It sound, look and play exactly like a proper AC game.

• aitch 2
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

you're so gay man. did your  dick shrink 1.5  or 2 inches? I wanna buy a weaboo game. but I'm scared. please tell me first. 

i will. it shrunk 3 btw. i'm down to 7 inches :cry: 

• Geese 1

I finished Soma yesterday. The game is absolutely incredible, I played the safe mode because my first playthrough my save got corrupted halfway through.

And I enjoyed the safe mode waaay more. The pacing in this game is phenomenal. Never a dull moment. I will replay this a lot. 

The ending hit me full blast....... that shit makes you think about this kinda stuff. :gasp:   

after that researched the net for more ending explanations and it was a ride :gasp: 

• Upvote 2
59 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

I finished Soma yesterday. The game is absolutely incredible, I played the safe mode because my first playthrough my save got corrupted halfway through.

And I enjoyed the safe mode waaay more. The pacing in this game is phenomenal. Never a dull moment. I will replay this a lot. 

The ending hit me full blast....... that shit makes you think about this kinda stuff. :gasp:   

after that researched the net for more ending explanations and it was a ride :gasp: 

Phenomenal game :bow: 

• Like 1

Reached the point of no return in cyberpunk at about 20 hours so guessing ill be finishing the main story soon. This is a really cool sci fi game and ive enjoyed it a lot. Will probably go back in and do a lot of the side stuff i missed. The main story really pulled me in and i didnt really feel like stopping that to do side that probably isnt as good.

8 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Reached the point of no return in cyberpunk at about 20 hours so guessing ill be finishing the main story soon. This is a really cool sci fi game and ive enjoyed it a lot. Will probably go back in and do a lot of the side stuff i missed. The main story really pulled me in and i didnt really feel like stopping that to do side that probably isnt as good.

Only 20 hours? You must have skipped the best side quests. I would really recommend doing the character based ones as they flesh out the world a lot and even have an effect on the ending you can get.

15 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I didnt do many of them at all. Im def gonna go back in and do the interesting ones tho.

The side missions are actually better in my opinion. I've actually had better Gameplay in the random street crime segments than actual storyline mission levels. 

Also in 20 hours i had next to no bugs in this game. All i came across was a couple times when an object randomly fell from the sky, and the one part in the diner the waitress looked dead....wouldnt even say that was a bug but it was just wierd. There were some other small minor things but nothing like i read up on.

I played this game at ultra settings with DLSS and the game held 60 almost the whole time . Put NPC to medium. Some cutscenes dropped a few frames and occasionally i would get small dips driving thru the city rarely. OR in the awful braindance parts....It pushed my cpu more than any other game and while i do think the game looked pretty good (and DLSS sometimes looked as good as 1080p, or better) i dont think the game looked good enough to run as bad as it did without DLSS.  RTX was a no go unless i wanted to play at 30. It also wouldnt hold 30 consistently with all RT settings enabled w dlss and tbh i dont think it looked much better with RT on. RT sucks :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The side missions are actually better in my opinion. I've actually had better Gameplay in the random street crime segments than actual storyline mission levels. 

I have a shit ton of side missions available so good to hear they arent trash . It was annoying getting phone calls every 5 mins about cars tho lmao