The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, JonB said:

I heard people say the humor was bad but I click w it . The part when the credits rolled and zues name was under everything had me lmao

Its also refreshing playing such a colorful game 

It's purposely cringy humor. If you can get with that then you'll be fine as it's the entire game. My GF played it for Switch and really liked it and the humor. 

Finished Spritifarer after about 27 hours. Beautiful little game with a surprising number of emotional moments :mjcry:The gameplay loop does wear a little thin towards the end, but thats mainly because I had explored the entire map and exhausted nearly all of the requests (aka side quests). I still had a lot of fun with its gameplay even though its not really a genre of game im usually into.

edit: theres a bunch of free DLC planned for this year too. I've never even heard of ThunderLotus (the developer) but they seem pretty awesome

Spiritfarer_2021_Roadmap_2.png

23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Spritifarer after about 27 hours. Beautiful little game with a surprising number of emotional moments :mjcry:The gameplay loop does wear a little thin towards the end, but thats mainly because I had explored the entire map and exhausted nearly all of the requests (aka side quests). I still had a lot of fun with its gameplay even though its not really a genre of game im usually into.

edit: theres a bunch of free DLC planned for this year too. I've never even heard of ThunderLotus (the developer) but they seem pretty awesome

I looked this up, man, the arstyle owns but what the fuck is this game, I haven't seen any combat or anything worthwhile, just some running around and collecting stuff? 😕

2 hours ago, kazpunk said:

I looked this up, man, the arstyle owns but what the fuck is this game, I haven't seen any combat or anything worthwhile, just some running around and collecting stuff? 😕

It’s kind of hard to describe but the core of the game is finding spirits of people (who are fully written characters with their own unique personality) and completing their requests until they’re ready to be be fared into the afterlife (hence the name spiritfarer). Throughout that you’ll slowly upgrade your boat over time, build new buildings, craft a bunch of items (including food to feed those spirits to keep them happy), etc. I’m kinda making it sound like a survival game but it’s way more interesting than that.

edit: now that I think about it, it sort of reminded me of a 2D version of Dragon Quest Builders 2, but without as much of a focus on building.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It’s kind of hard to describe but the core of the game is finding spirits of people (who are fully written characters with their own unique personality) and completing their requests until they’re ready to be be fared into the afterlife (hence the name spiritfarer). Throughout that you’ll slowly upgrade your boat over time, build new buildings, craft a bunch of items (including food to feed those spirits to keep them happy), etc. I’m kinda making it sound like a survival game but it’s way more interesting than that.

edit: now that I think about it, it sort of reminded me of a 2D version of Dragon Quest Builders 2, but without as much of a focus on building.

too bad, I'm not interested then. I get that some people like these "friendly" games but I was hoping for a RPG with combat, the artstyle is soo good. 

39 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

too bad, I'm not interested then. I get that some people like these "friendly" games but I was hoping for a RPG with combat, the artstyle is soo good. 

lol play ff13: Lightning Returns. It's lol exactly the same plot and gameplay :D it's got rpg and combat too ironically. trust me dodo it's nothing like the other 13s. this game snuck out. it's full 3-d etc. 

1 hour ago, kazpunk said:

Lol not everything needs to be an rpg or have combat. You're missing out on great games if thats all you use as a metric when deciding what to play.

• Confused 1
57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol not everything needs to be an rpg or have combat. You're missing out on great games if thats all you use as a metric when deciding what to play.

uhh, that's why I said it's too bad. Of course I can enjoy whatever genre but this is the type of game where I want a combat system or something more. all the footage I've seen looks like boring exploration and the description you have given sounds it's not about a good story either - more like fetch quests.

• Confused 1
8 hours ago, kazpunk said:

uhh, that's why I said it's too bad. Of course I can enjoy whatever genre but this is the type of game where I want a combat system or something more. all the footage I've seen looks like boring exploration and the description you have given sounds it's not about a good story either - more like fetch quests.

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, kazpunk said:

Boring exploration

not about a good story

fetch quests

When did we start talking about FFXIV? :mjpls:

• Haha 2

yo no one else noticed the confusing ass loop of Kaz, not taking twinblades advice, then repeating the same nonsense?? to the same premise, with the same fucking predicament, that twinblade.. already answered before Kaz asked his second question? 

@Saucer  du what?  

edit: I played a game. GD leave me alone. 

Edited by kokujin
21 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Boring exploration

not about a good story

fetch quests

When did we start talking about FFXIV? :mjpls:

dude, i was just tryna pissing you off, don't have to kill me :D  

17 hours ago, kokujin said:

yo no one else noticed the confusing ass loop of Kaz, not taking twinblades advice, then repeating the same nonsense?? to the same premise, with the same fucking predicament, that twinblade.. already answered before Kaz asked his second question? 

@Saucer  du what?  

edit: I played a game. GD leave me alone. 

:|  jesus man, just stop. 

you: this game sucks wish it had combat

twin: yah, i know. but you should try this one. it has so much else

you (really, again):  yah. but this game sucks. wish it had combat and other dumb things

me: quotes it.

:D

really??? hahah. don't you pretend to know what's going on?

Edited by kokujin
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

you: this game sucks wish it had combat

twin: yah, i know. but you should try this one. it has so much else

you (really, again):  yah. but this game sucks. wish it had combat and other dumb things

me: quotes it.

:D

really??? hahah. don't you pretend to know what's going on?

😳