The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade lol 

Reveal hidden contents

Ivarr is batshit crazy. I’m doing that ally mission now. 

yeah. Also im curious about your choice in the Soma mission

Spoiler

I couldn't find the yellow longship despite searching all over the area. So I had to use the other clues along with my better judgment and ended up accusing the right person (Gallin). I never thought i'd have to think that hard in a AC game :D 

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah. Also im curious about your choice in the Soma mission

Hide contents

I couldn't find the yellow longship despite searching all over the area. So I had to use the other clues along with my better judgment and ended up accusing the right person (Gallin). I never thought i'd have to think that hard in a AC game :D 

Ha I picked the same thing. 

Spoiler

The prophecy/dream meant that only he or soma could be at the top of the peak. So, one would have to die. He had that interpretation in his journal. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Valhalla probably has the best non ray traced lighting i've seen in a open world game. The subtle effect of the sunlight moving across the landscape lighting up previously dark areas while simultaneously darkening the bright ones is sublime.

indeed! also, some of the areas, in general, are incredible. it's wild seeing such fidelity, geometry and effects on such a large scale. 

@Twinblade here’s how to get where I’m at  

Spoiler

There’s a mission that tells you to get to know your crew in the camp better (by the dock). I spoke to one chick (valka) and she asked me to build her a home. I built her a home in the village and she offered to help me go deeper into my dreams/visions. It can be accessed if your camp is at level 3 (maybe even 2 - I forget). 

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade here’s how to get where I’m at  

Reveal hidden contents

There’s a mission that tells you to get to know your crew in the camp better (by the dock). I spoke to one chick (valka) and she asked me to build her a home. I built her a home in the village and she offered to help me go deeper into my dreams/visions. It can be accessed if your camp is at level 3 (maybe even 2 - I forget). 

Oh yeah I’ve been meaning to build that, just haven’t found all of the resources yet.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh yeah I’ve been meaning to build that, just haven’t found all of the resources yet.

I like the random quests (the white squiggly ones). some of them are funny and amusing. 

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don’t know which those are but the mysteries have some fun stuff in them.

Yeah! I’ve been enjoying those too!  

what’s your power level? I’m at 56.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Im around 54 I think. I usually let my skill points pool up for a bit before I spend them.

nice. it seems like we are at a similar spot, but have played the game differently. that's pretty cool!

A week in and GTA online is the greatest digital work of art ever created. Beyond 3d or VR, immersion is is a mental state. GTAO is the low tech version of the digital worlds in books and movies. I was put off at first coming into an online game this late in the game but the world is full. 

It's everything people love about gta in its highest form. 

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

nice. it seems like we are at a similar spot, but have played the game differently. that's pretty cool!

Does the game feel fresh compared to the last one or is it just more of the same

Just now, JonbX said:

Does the game feel fresh compared to the last one or is it just more of the same

oh yeah. i dug the last one, however, i can see why many were turned off by the fact you couldn't do much (in the beginning) without being at level 10. this game doesn't make you grind anymore (at least i haven't had to, so far). also, i love being able to build up my  camp at my pace. what's cool is that certain additions add new characters, which net some pretty awesome quests. the combat is pretty familiar stuff and the skill tree is standard (despite its cool aesthetic). the story is a lot darker, in tone, but it has some funny side quests. one involved a twisted game of sexual role play and another involved a god-loving serial killer lol. don't even get me started with the fart one :D river raids are DOPE! lastly, the map is a lot smaller, but it's very dense. i'd say this feels like a more compact, yet deeper, experience. 

• Upvote 1